Battle Video Hollow Da Don vs. Tsu Surf

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by casual1, Jul 4, 2013.

?

Who won?

1. Tsunami Surf

23 vote(s)
    26.4%
  2. Hollow da Don

64 vote(s)
    73.6%
  1. SpaceCadet

SpaceCadet Active Member

Whose head? Yours? Not mine.

If there's a battler I love - it's Lux. Pause
    test
  2. eastcoastreppa

eastcoastreppa Well-Known Member

thats not directed towards you its a general statement Surf beat Hollow easy, to me Hollow was so baisic unti the 3rd round and Surf matched him still
    test
  3. Hash Tester

Hash Tester Member

Im surprised at how many people marvel at surfs bars lmao he is probably the same people that said he beat Con...well he didn't

Hollow easily took that and had the best round of the battle (3rd)

2-1 Hollow since I wasn't feeling his first and that was obviously Surfs best round

Hollow still remains atop battle rap lol keep hating fellas
    test
  4. FreshAIG

FreshAIG Active Member

No. Getting barred to death means the other person had BETTER bars than you, not MORE bars. Con didn't bar shit to death. He said 20 punchlines every round and about 2 of them bitches connected.

Anyway, Surf 2-1, maybe 3-0
    test
  5. SpaceCadet

SpaceCadet Active Member

i give props to Surf for making it debatable with weak setups - he's like cp3 with both arms broken, b
    test
  6. mdk

mdk i dump and i sprout

People saying hollow's third was the best round of the battle I don't see it. I thought his first round was honestly better on first watch and that was the debatable round to me. Surf 2-1 taking the second and third or surf 3-0 slightly edging each.
    test
  7. Hash Tester

Hash Tester Member

Yeah I thought Hollow's third was the best from both. Surf'd delivery just doesn't connect with me regardless of crowd reaction lol I think people on here judge bars off crowd reaction sometimes but Hollow's shit comes off as smoother and more natural and the fact that Surf yells his bars out doesn't help his delivery at all but I mean he put up a fight he just got clearly beaten same as in the Conceited battle.
    test
  8. Rainhands

Rainhands Well-Known Member

Off the dome rebuttals, more self confidence, better jokes and heavy rhyme schemes. Third round is eaily his best, no way you can say that Surfs is better unless you're a surf fan.
    test
  9. FriiedD

FriiedD Member

This is a great example of two overhyped battlers who were good before this shit evolved so much. I never got the Surf dickriding, dude is so average and pretty much loses every battle...and yeah I can "break down his bars" lol...like what he's saying is so complex. I mean I do dig his presence and performance, but he's lacking in areas where I think others are far superior.... I actually was a huge hollow fan back in the grind time days, but anyone who watches battles regularly can see he hasn't progressed. I mean hollow should've been sitting on bars and this should have been an amazing return and he really blew it. There are some cringeworthy bars from Hollow in this battle.If these were some other names the first two rounds of this battle would be laughable. Even don demarco was reaching. But the 3rd was good, ahhh great 33% of this battle I may watch again..Disappointing battle overall.
    test
  10. Haze305

Haze305 Flite Team Movement

Hollow was cookin' in that 3rd! He really got in his bag for Surf!

2-1 with the second being close.
    test
  11. Solotv84

Solotv84 Member

Hollow was all over the place

I mean his 3rd was tight with the freestyling and he did his thing but Surf came hard the whole battle of first watch it's 2-1

I didn't even know Surf could freestyle, you could tell he was taking this shit serious

Part of this battle was meh, I was hoping for more to be honest, this battle isn't classic to me
    test
  12. JobOne

JobOne Man of the Hour

Surf had some bars the crowd was hyping up that I didn't think was that hot and most of his slow it downs weren't as good as vs Brixx or Con. On first watch, I'd give it Hollow 2-1 with his 3rd being the best round of the battle.

Surf's ARMY flip was impressive. Some his other ones didn't really hit though.
    test
  13. Hash Tester

Hash Tester Member

yeah that flip was dope especially the part he said AR on his hip lmfaoo shit don't even make sense
    test
  14. eastcoastreppa

eastcoastreppa Well-Known Member

damn people really love Hollow no way he should be winning on the poles he got beat easy
    test
  15. Hash Tester

Hash Tester Member

You shouldn't be concerned who is winning on the poll

Your opinion is the only thing that matters now stop bitching lol
    test
  16. Triangle

Triangle 100% FRESH

Hollow's 3rd round was fire.

Hollow 2-1
    test
  17. NatGeografik

NatGeografik ********

I think this battle went to Hollow, Surf KILLED him in the first, Surf lost the second (pretty weak round, Hollow was average), and Hollow had a great 3rd.

Surf's first was really too much, but he should've split some of that up over the battle and he would've easily won
    test
  18. Solotv84

Solotv84 Member

2-1 Hollow

that 3rd and 2nd was fiire
    test
  19. FeedMeMore

FeedMeMore Moderator

I don't know who I give it too that battle was incredible favorite of the year
    I give Surf the 1st I think Hollow started strong than went out
    I give Hollow the 3rd edge
    I thought both had great 2nd rounds I've watched it a few times and have switched a few times while writing this I'm edging to Hollow as I like his projection and performance more I think hollow has perfect battle delivery. You never miss a punch hit or miss.
    Plus he don't rely on the gunbars as much as Surf

I don't know if I want to see him vs Lux style clash would rather see Lux vs Surf and Mook vs Hollow I think the styles mesh allot better.

I don't know how you can say Hollows overated or fell off watching this. He proved he's one of the best. Surf also showed he's no fluke and is one of the best right now.

I really wanna Hollow vs Diz I think Diz better frees hollow better written
    test
  20. FeedMeMore

FeedMeMore Moderator

Hollow does want a rematch hasn't he been begging Ars for years. He just got the Lux talk and that went on the back end. I think the issue was where the battle would be Ars wasn't messing with Smack and Hollow didn't want to do it on UW
    test