Hollow "Behind The Battles" Hour Documentary

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by Drect, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Drect

Drect Elite Battling Association CEO

[​IMG]

The entertainment industry is riddled with fakes, phonies and aspiring actors. Often, the only way fans can see their favorite personalities in true form is through interviews or behind the scenes videos, which are often edited for TV - thank god for the internet.

On January 31, 2011 I published a video about Conceited called “Behind The Battles” to youtube in an attempt to give fans insight into what goes on behind the scenes of battle rap. To my surprise, everyone loved it and began asking for more episodes. This was something I always wanted to come back to.

In between watching ESPN 30 for 30, Oprah’s Interview with Rihanna, and VH1 Behind the Music, I became re-inspired to make this documentary series. Often times, battle rap lacks the proper media surrounding battles/rappers and I feel as though this element needs an introduction to our forever-growing fanbase.

As with all of our exclusive videos, this documentary will eventually be free, but the $2.99 price tag is split between the battle emcee, the rapgrid site, and production costs.

Welcome to Behind the Battles, RapGrid’s monthly documentary series. Thank you for your continued support throughout the years.

DNA, Gattas, PH, Poison Pen & more coming soon. Hit me up and let me know who you guys want to see.

Peep The Trailer Here:

10 Minute Preview:

test
  2. JobOne

JobOne Man of the Hour

To be honest, I'm not to keen with paying 3 bucks for a documentary like this, but I am interested in content like this. Personally, I think it might work better with a different way of monetizing them like getting a sponsor for a full series like "Red Bull and Rap Grid Present: Behind the Battles" as an example.

It would be cool to see these for anyone who has been putting in work, especially the guys who have other things going on outside of battle rap; Lux, Dizaster, Mook, Surf, Hitman, Calicoe, Daylyt, The Saurus, Organik, 360, T-Rex, Illmac, Okwerdz, Dirtbag Dan, Arsonal, Eurgh, Math, etc.

I think there are a lot of people with some interesting stories to tell that you don't even have to be a fan of them to appreciate.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  3. HawaiianD

HawaiianD Member

Thats just solid feedback. Thanks Job.
    The full video will be free to view on YouTube, so I do hope you watch and enjoy when its released for free. Right now we're working with all the artists we can, and I agree that these types of longer/in depth conversations would be great with guys who have more to offer insight into than just the battles that we see, like Hollow's time in jail and such. The leagues dont give fans or the rappers exposure in those terms outside of the quick battle intros and the occasional vlog they drop, so I hope fans can help support these kinds of things to get the rappers more chance to connect with them. Im looking forward to growing Rapgrids and our favorite rappers catalogs with these types of videos/content.
    test
  4. JobOne

JobOne Man of the Hour

No problem. I'm interested in checking it out when it's free, and it's not a comment on the quality or the content, I'm just personally not interested to pay for access to a documentary like that. I agree that there definitely is a opportunity for this type of coverage/documentaries since it probably isn't very likely many outlets have the time or resources to put together much content like this but they can be more digestible than just a straight up hour long interview, which is the closest thing to this I've seen done. Obviously, it takes more footage, more editing, and more time in general to put something like this together but I think the finished product ends up not disposable in the same way interviews tend to be on YouTube. Hopefully you guys are able to find the audience to make producing them worthwhile.
    test
  5. FeedMeMore

FeedMeMore Moderator

This is cool and good way to look at battlers in a different light
    test