Hmm 250 to spend on mic OR soundcard?

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by Dj Def, Jul 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dj Def

Dj Def Cuttin Up Da Vinyl

I currently have a grrove tubes gt55 mic and around 250 dollars and a stock SoundMAX Digital Audio soundcard - i actucally get damn nice quality - but im thinkin of upgrading soundcard OR mic - which and give me some links
    test
  2. DJX

DJX iTs GraVy BaBy

soundcard.....u can get dope qaulity from a radioshack mic if u have a dope soundcard and good mixing skills..but u most likely cant get dope quliaty from a dope mic and a shitty soundcard....

so id say get a delta 44

.pz.
    test
  3. Dj Def

I currently have a:
    Groove Tubes GT-55 Mic
    DBX Mini Pre Pre-Amp
    All the mic accessories (stand...boom...pop..etcc..)
    Cool Edit Pro
    Closet with carpet and think bed foam

so yea - im doin damn good and gettin good ass quality - but should is this mic shitty? I never hear SHIT about them AND/OR should i upgrade soundcard first?
    test
  4. Dj Def

thats what im doin - i got a good mic (although i never hear shit about it) and shitty soundcard.....so anyone else? Ill peep the delta now and can i get some links to where they are cheapest?
    test
  5. DJX

DJX iTs GraVy BaBy

test
  6. Dj Def

So its Delta 44? Is the mic any good? I love it and it gets crisp ass vocals - but no one EVER mentions groove tubes on here...
    test
  7. Dj Def

uhh replies would be nice - i did ask a question and a new idea is maybe to get a mixer? In the 200 price range - i guess im lookin at Behringers then right?
    test
  8. doctah

doctah I know how to do that...

Why are you trying to change anything if you're happy w/ what you've got?
    test
  9. mic1tharula

mic1tharula 790 verbal

that's my question too...
    and ummmm i've never heard of ya mic, i assume its a condenser?
    as far as getting a mixer, it doesnt sound like that is a good idea for you...unless you need a bunch of inputs? because trying to improve quality, hooking ya shit into a shitty mixer (behringer) and then back into ya shitty soundcard aint gonna improve ya quality.
    test
  10. mic1tharula

mic1tharula 790 verbal

i think the 44 is out of your price range...?
    test
  11. Dj Def

nah the delta 44 is like 200 some correct? Then its fine i got like 300 - yea im not happy with what i got cuz i know it could be better with a better soundcard and possibly a better mic since no1 knows wtf they are - and yes its condensor peep their site
    www. groovetubes .com
    and tell me what you think about it

What about the audiophile soundcard? Is it any good?
    test
  12. Dj Def

And is the USB Audiophile not as good as the regular audiophile? I understand the difference but i like the USB Audiophiles interface but since it is USB wouldnt i not get as good quality as if it were an internal soundcard?

So the DBX Pre-amp is gonna give me better quality than a mixer? I just thought the mixer would be nice for the extra inputs and effects but the pre-amp does get me by and yall would say i get better quality from it?
    test
  13. mic1tharula

mic1tharula 790 verbal

^^uppin so da man can get some answers from da homiez who no.
    test
  14. Mellow Madness

Mellow Madness aKa sTaTiK

test
  15. Verbuse!

Verbuse! DDL'z Finest Miztah G

a mic.. don't get a cheap soundcard, cuz sooner or later your goin to realize there wasn't much of a diference between a cheap one or the one u got now
    test
  16. Dj Def

a delta 44 is a cheap soundcard...since when? I got 2 mics...Groove Tubes GT55 and Audio Technica AT3035 - groove tubes is warmer, technica is crisper...kinda feelin the technica more right now, and im not gettin a mixer or nuthin ima jus get a delta 44 when the money rolls around in a week or two and then im pretty much set with what i want
    test
  17. Da Gist

Da Gist AKA dOCtOr RuN yA sHIt!!!

AS far as the card goes you want a pro-audio card , the delta 44 is a good choice.

You mentioned efx w/ when it came to buyin a mixer , record your vocals dry and then appply the fx in cool edit or watever you are using. You dont have to go crazy when it comes to a mixer unless you are relyin on the mixing board to supply your pre amp as well then its an issue.

I designed my setup as everything being on the same level ( quality wise) as each other piece. Dont go out and spend $300 on a mic and record into a $30 stock audio card that was intended for gaming nonetheless. Spend everything in proportion. You get what you put into your setup.

Currently Im running a rode nt-1 thru a presonus blu tube into cubase sx, via my delta 66. This setup works fine for me.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.