History Repeats: Sony Cutting Back On PS3 Launch

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by -Oz-, Sep 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Embassy Sweetz

Embassy Sweetz 360's thee-shit,-b

wat u fail to realize is that. 360 and ps3 will get 90% of the same fucking games...

wat exclusives does sony still have..??..Gran turismo, MGS, and Final fantasy...so your gonna buy a system for THREE games..???..devil may cry might not even be exclusive anymore...so if your gonna bash on something bash on the game industry as a whole if u dont like any of the games coming out cuz there all gonna be on the same systems for the most part...
    test
  2. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

lol....and you still dont know the basics.......again.....you still dont know shit about the world of electronics......

just because you know the techniques to making a shirt doesnt mean you understand the world of fashion now does it?
    test
  3. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

I have studied circuit theory/matrix theory as applied to circuits. I have studied Gauss' law which is rooted in calculus. I have made circuits, soldered and fixed circuit boards. I was probably 11-12 when I rewired my gameboy to fit a battery pack that I designed. So I don't know what now? Maybe you need me to rewire your brain...b'cause it's really fucked up dude.

But, to embassy....that was basically my point...yes PS3doesn't have any huge titles yet because it is a young system....but...360 isn't getting Assassin's Creed, 360 isn't getting Tekken, 360 isn't getting metal gear. The games will get better and the graphics will surpass 360 by a long shot. I just think 360 needs some better titles to convince me to buy one. Now PS3, i won't buy it at launch...but..when the price drops...I will get one because I feel more confident with PS3 as opposed to 360. It just hasn't convinced me that it has long term viability. They just need to get more impressive titles then maybe i'd agree with you. I just need to see better..that's all. When I mean better....Imean better than Madden football or some sports title that I could play on PS2. I want to see agame that will make my jaw drop. I just played Devil May Cry 3...and I am absolutely speechless....the greatest game ever. 360 needs a title like that.
    test
  4. LiQuiD6

lol...bro...your so fucking misinformed...its rediculous....

assassins creed IS coming out for 360...it was confirmed.....LMFAO....with all of these things you claim to have done....you still havent made one point...because EVERYTHING YOU SAY IS BASED ON INCORRECT INFORMATION!!!!!
    Meanwhile you talk shit about gears of war which isnt even out....and yet you dare use assassins creed as a plus to the ps3 when there hasnt even been any gameplay video shots shown yet?

LMFAO.....your a queer

You say metal gear wont come out for 360.......we dont know if thats true...it most likely will come out later in the life cycle of the 360 after time exclusivity on the ps3 just as in the past....tekken?? No one gives 2 shits about tekken any more....the main fighter right now is Soul calibur....thats Namco's best game....and it is the best fighting game ever made....sony edged out a nice contract for part3 last time around...no one knows what will happen with part 4....

as far as your sudden love for the ps3...i dont know what happened...cause i can pull up a thread of you being on some completely different shit....lol...again...your credibility is poo shit...none of your opinions hold any weight whatsoever because your always misinformed or dont corrolate any of your ideas with any facts whatsoever....i dont even have to count how many times in this thread I have shat on you.....

http://board.rapmusic.com/showthread.php?p=13810060#post13810060

yea so you saw assassins creed cinematics and that convinced you that the ps3 was superior....meanwhile....its coming out for the 360 as well....you dunce

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6156938.html

just like you tried to argue with me that maniac mansion was the inspiration for resident evil....it was good that you never responded to that thread...i think its time you back outta this one and never respond again...because once again....you dont know shit about what your saying

gears of war...
    lost planet...
    mass effect....

3 BRAND new franchises making tons of noise....
    and your saying the ps3 is better because it has a strong sequel to a game that has spanned 3 different machines? I guess your against change or new idea's....being a "scientist" i would say thats a bit odd...

And the xbox does have a game like Devil may cry 3....its actually better...to the point that it is recognized as one of the best games to come out in this generation...its called Ninja Gaiden...and is only on xbox....

so yea....whats your point again?
    test
  5. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

lmfao @ Maybe you need me to rewire your brain. What an imbecile.
    test
  6. snowy

snowy 39k Rap Song Music Folder

I stopped reading last page. Something about the ... being used constantly gives me a headache. Plus it just started to look like a My Console is better than yours topic. If thats what its supposed to be then how about the FACT that 360 launched with around 400k in North America and from what I remembered they promised at least double that if not more and failed to tell us that they werent gonna reach it. According to Wiki they sold 347k in Nov 2005 and by the end of 2005 sold 900k. Now sony says they'll have 400k with 1 to 1.2 million by the end of the year. So how is this any different past the fact they have told us where MS left us in the dark. If im incorrect please calmly enlighten me.
    test
  7. Embassy Sweetz

yeh but the 360 had 400k in america , as well as a few hundred thousand in europe and a few hundre thousand in japan.the ps3 will have 500k in entire world, with ZERO in europe.theres big a diff..PLUS the 360 didnt have any competition to worry about but this time all 3 console will be fighting for your dollar.

and sony promises a bunch of stuff...when it comes to sony i dont believe it until i see it. cuz almost everything they've said so far about the ps3 has turned out to be false or exaggerated.
    test
  8. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

The main difference is the 360 had 400k in america, with no competition. There will be plenty of 360s on the shelfs in november, plus sony gotta compete with nintendo. Had sony launched first with 400k, I wouldnt say nothing, because you got a year in advance to get that head start.
    This was just the final straw for sony, people are gonna have a hard time finding the console, and its gonna cost them an arm and a leg when they do find it. Honestly, if you aint got 1 reserved by now, you wont get one at launch, and if it aint reserved by launch, youll prolly be waiting until next year.
    test
  9. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

Finally, someone who isn't biased and has a brain in this thread. And to liquid about the old PS3 comment. Did I not just say that the PS3 did not have many groundbreaking titles yet? After Snowy's post, I probably don't need to say any more. We'll just see what happens in a yr. Xbox will most likely die out again..just like the old one did after the PS2 release.
    test
  10. LiQuiD6

see what i mean?? once again..misinformed and incorrect statements...the xbox never "died" out...because it never had momentum in its early life...the xbox didnt catch on till after a year or two of it being in the industry.....it was actually during the splintercell christmas season around 2002...thats when interest sparked in the machine....and from then on it gained its momentum and became popular....the xbox was never popular from its launch...it became even more popular with time.....it never "died"

as a matter of fact the xbox dropped in 2001...in november...

the ps2 dropped in oct or nov of 2000.....

so here we go again....you go making a bold claim based on false information.....

how many more times are you gonna type something stupid that im going to have to correct you on...the only one with no brain here is you.....

halo and splintercell sold a lot of xbox's
    test
  11. Embassy Sweetz

yeh xbox 1 didnt really jump off till xbox live was up...then halo 2 just solidified the xbox as number 2 last generation or nintendo.
    test
  12. Shy

Shy a.k.a. Klear Eyed

I can never trust Microsoft.

Software giant......

thanks to satan paying well for Gate's soul. How the fuck is this company even still standing? It's amazing.
    test
  13. LiQuiD6

but you can trust sony and thier dozens of failed proprietary products?
    test
  14. cyphamasta

cyphamasta New Member

exactly.
    test
  15. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Fuck the bullshit. I had a PS1 and a PS2, never had an Xbox, and im more than happy with my 360. Fuck that fanboy shit. Its all about bang for your buck, and sony is counting on people giving a fuck about blueray, which I do not. How good do pictures gotta fucking look? lol, Im guessing we consumers wont be satisfied until tv turns into 3d hologram images.
    test
  16. Embassy Sweetz

man i was talkin to my boy the other day...and hes like " yo i gotta cop a ps3 yo..its got this new shti called blu-ray which makes the graphics liek real life" ...

im like...u have NO idea wat blu-ray is do you. and the sad thing is...i think most peopel dont even know wat blu-ray does...or wat it is....

sony has it backwards...they did it RIGHT with the ps2...but are fucking it up with the ps3...for the ps2...DVDs were in high demand already...everyone wanted one...it was all the rage around 98, 99, 2000...so wat did sony do..???...suplly that demand by putting DVD players in thier playstations...

now with ps3...there IS no demand for blu-ray..most people dont even know wat it is or wat it does or why they wud even need it...so sony is trying to MAKE a demand...by putting it in thier machines and by making u think u NEED it...." why wud sony put it in if i didnt need it? " ...lol i can see people thinking that. while without blu-ray...i bet sony cud sell the ps3 for around 300..which wud blow every other console out the water...but...they gotta shove blu-ray down out throats...

and the name is just stupid...it sounds all super techy...but it gives u no clue of wat it is...unlike HD DVD...any moron can figure out wat an HD DVD *might* be lol..

but they're both going to fail...no one fuckign wants HD movies...DVDs are just fine for most people...especially since DVDs are still relatively young.
    test
  17. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

They wont fail yet...but they arent the leap that DVDs were from VHS. That is for sure. Eventually it will be all HD everything. Im not ready for it tho. I dont need 1080psi in everything, contrary to what these fags say. We all grew up on small color tvs, the enhancements in the last few years are more than enough, and yet they keep trying to shove shit like Plasma tvs down our throat. Fuck that.

Im copping a new tv next month. Already got a big screen but want something that does have better quality. Im getting a DLP. Fuck these plasmas and LCDS, shits dont look that much better honestly. The only thing they look better in is HDTV (which dont have but a select few channels) and HD movies. People can and will live without HDTV.

lol @ Blueray making graphics look better, has absolutely nothing to do with that shit.

As far as im concerned, Microsoft can take their HD DVD drive and shove it up their ass too. If I wanted that, I might as well have bought the PS3.
    test
  18. LiQuiD6

fucking killed me.....lol
    test
  19. LiQuiD6

nah man.....you cant live without HDTV once you buy your DLP set...simply because they dont look good without an HDTV signal.....lol.......trust.....the difference between HDTV and regular tv is like the difference of VHS to DVD......its that big of a deal.......the difference from dvd to hdtv is debatable.....but there is no question that the difference from your regular tv and hdtv is big.......

and why you comparing your LCD and plasma to your DLP......as long as you cant see the rainbow effect...DLP > LCD, plasma
    test
  20. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Thats what im saying, I stepped up to the HD revolution already. This Blueray and HDTV is bullshit. They are advancing technology too quickly.
    Plus im not interested in paying 30 dollars for movies.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.