hiphop and art is dead

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by grainsbone, Apr 22, 2013.

1. grainsbone

grainsbone all eyez on me

my shackles have been hurting lately. we are slaves to giant monolith corporations and hiphop isn't an exception. just because we have couches, heaters, snuggies and icecream doesnt mean we aren't slaves. we have a choice of listening to no music or bad music. there isn't a good genre of good music anymore. it's just fucking gone.

we used to have pac in the mainstream. to give you a tiny glimpse of how influential pac was, the library of congress has added some of his music. the catholic church(an insidiously evil/racist/stupid organization)has also added some of his music to their playlist. the catholic church embracing pac is actually embarrassing, but i digress. pacs music inspired an entire generation and changed hiphop. his legacy is undeniably even to haters.

contrast this with the new "artist". a grossly cheap and unconvincing knockoff of earlier real artist. saying rick ross is anywhere pacs level is like saying a 3 year olds finger paints is as artistically valuable, meaningful and as complex as davincis.

hiphop used to be too thick to describe. now we get to look forward to gucci manes new burrrr print albums. cool.

going from all eyes on me to burrrrrrr print is like being paid in gold and then instead of paying you gold they send you old, stinky fish and hope you're too stupid to notice. which you are.

the industry managed to cut corners and take the pesky creative process out of art and made it more marketable. go figure. there is no art in art anymore. you can google and find the names of the ghostwriters to pretty much every popular song. the "artist" these days are just autotune singers.

it's even leaked into other aspects of entertainment. how many battle rappers do you believe are as hard as they say they are? how many you believe have done a fraction of what they say? thats all just said in the name of a battle. instead of using their time and creative energy on something else they take the easy way go with shit thats generic and played.

stop supporting this unmitigated shit
    • Hot Thread Hot Thread x 1
    test
  2. nnnnnnnnn

nnnnnnnnn DOUG MUNNiE ~EZMunnieCLIQ

omfg lol grains your the best :drakecheese:
    test
  3. DragonAndLance

DragonAndLance Shoryuken!

*crickets chirp*
    test
  4. HASH WEDNESDAY

HASH WEDNESDAY Member

we all know the radio still sucks
    test
  5. WillyMcLain

WillyMcLain Well-Known Member

**that "okwerd" moment when grainsbone looks at himself in the mirror and "somehow" thinks "he" is someone qualified to talk about "real" hip hop**

:funny: :funny:
    test
  6. Savage Henry

Savage Henry Well-Known Member

It's music, you like it or you don't. It's really not that serious.
    test
  7. KeepCalm

KeepCalm Member

Holy fuck kid, drop your hopsin cd in the boombox in moms basement and off yourself to it
    test
  8. Bookbag Jimmy

Bookbag Jimmy 2 birds on 1 stove

test
  9. PJ Sumroc

PJ Sumroc Ozone/Chi-town/Stump town

Oh contraire my young grainsbone..hip hop IS alive..it is alive in YOU. You can make a change..and starting at an open minded place like RM is the right thing to do.

The post you just posted was tl;dr but i could tell from the first few sentences that your passionate and its that very passion that could save the hip hop culture. Keep droppin knowledge.

I believe in you grainsbone...ryansbone too...
    test
  10. JesusOfRap

JesusOfRap DO SOMETHING FOOL

aint you like under 25 and cant even remember pac so keep him out your mouth young ass mother fucker. i was in 9th grade when he passed and your a little bitch fuck you
    test
  11. SaM HaiN

SaM HaiN Onslaught

didn't read the rest but i figure it's some artsy fartsy dose-one way of saying "hip hop aint what it used to be"

you're about 10 years late.

dude's magnum opus "hip hop is dead" post sounds like a walmart protest
    test
  12. PJ Sumroc

[youtube]qRq786AmulQ&list[/youtube]

....a lil Slick Mahony fo dat ass....
    test
  13. PJ Sumroc

[youtube]9DaLN0AH32s&list[/youtube]

...just in case yall wasnt feeling the first smanga...
    test
  14. iAmAchilles

iAmAchilles disrespectful nigguh

test
  15. PJ Sumroc

[youtube]8mNQX8lUEDI&list[/youtube]
    [youtube]uxi73RQlLB8&list[/youtube]

..just for good measure..
    test
  16. ryanbone

ryanbone I'm a zombie in my gang

give it a fuckin break nerd
    test
  17. grainsbone

grainsbone all eyez on me

how long were you sitting there refreshing this thread? it's literally been up for an hour. you were really hoping for something big

small reply to small minded. now fuck off mental midget

kids name is dragonandlance, i'm embarrassed i gave him any attention
    test
  18. WillyMcLain

WillyMcLain Well-Known Member

wut kills me about these temper tantrums is that it all boils down to hes mad because "no one likes the shit he likes"

theres plenty of dweeb rap all over for u to listen to... why u care if another man listens to gucci? that makes u mad? :funny:
    test
  19. JackDeuce

JackDeuce Well-Known Member

yes yes yes yes yes

There was plenty of awful shit in Tupac's era too. And if Pac was so great, why would you expect another one to be around anyway? Maybe Pac was a once in a life time talent and now he's dead. So maybe your problem is you're holding rappers to an unattainable level. Or maybe you're just a weirdo. Who knows.

Grainsbone, not Willy, he cool
    test
  20. Funkadelic92

Funkadelic92 New Member

I agree that older hip hop is generally better but here's the thing. You can still listen to the older music. Who gives a fuck if new hip hop is piss poor when you can still enjoy the endless supply of older material?

Also there is still good music being made today you just have to search a little bit harder for it. Listening to MTV or the radio for good music is stupid as fuck.

Look up a group called rhyme asylum, they are easily some of the best rappers I have ever heard and they are much better than some of the bigger known and extremely famous rappers from the past and present.

Also, 2pac is dangerously overrated. Did he have some decent lyrics? Yes. Was he able to convey emotion well? Yes. However he put out a fair bit of filler and his earliest albums aren't that good. There are a lot of better rappers than him.
    test