Hip Hop Documentaries

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by Im Technical, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Im Technical

Im Technical I got 30 pages of rhymes

I thought i would make a topic so people can share dope documentaries as it seems alot of people around here would be interested and theres afew faggots who could do with understanding what hip hop represents but mainly what actually constitutes hip hop.

I dont have the link right now but there was a backstage documentary on jay z's hard knock life tour(1999). It was one of the best documentaries on hip hop ive seen. I saw it years ago so all i really remember was dmx/jay and afew others having a dope cypher backstage and i think it was method man etc gambling. I remember it being really good and some of my mates raving about it aswell.

Rhyme and reason(1997) is really dope, its got interviews with over 80 rappers/producers and covers most styles and issues with hip hop at that time.

What ever happened to hip hop is more about the beginnings of hip hop and they talk about how its been diluted and effectively taken over by the mainstream. This one doesnt have as many different interviews but they have alot of the important people from the 80's and early 90's.

Anyone got some dope hip hop documentaries? Id love one more about the development of lyricism focusing on the new york scene with rakim, kool g rap, bdk etc
    • Hot Thread Hot Thread x 2
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  2. ThatsNotMyName

ThatsNotMyName The Conquering Lion

I saw the beef documentaries lol I don't think that focuses on the growth of Hip Hop but it's cool to know more about the beefs that happened.

And I saw one (don't remember if VH1 or online), I wish I could remember the name, about Afrika Bambata and his influence.

Will check those vids you post.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  3. Im Technical

Afrika bambata>

Hes playing in london with alchemist and afew other sick artists next weekend but im down in brighton.

The first 2 beef dvd's are good but after that they are pretty wack imo.
    test
  4. Twamp

Twamp proper weaponry

dope shit, subscribed!!
    test
  5. Kris Benwa

Kris Benwa Grown Man Bars....

Netflix has hella on there has anybody watched those? They also got The Art of Rap, that one I watched and loved. I also love the Jay ones Fade to Black, Making of Reasonable Doubt, etc
    test
  6. NinjaMic

NinjaMic Brian Disease

parts 2,3,4 should come up in the results

part 2 should come up, lower case DvD

pretty sure everyone's seen all these and they're mostly shallow stuff... but 'scool how convenient they are now. I remember always picking DVD's of this kind of stuff up at pawnshops for like $3. Even if you know most of what's on them already, it's just cool to watch.

I'm trying to rip something now, that YT will hopefully let me upload in one part.
    • +Rep +Rep x 3
    test
  7. Im Technical

I saw the wu tang doc which was pretty good and definitely worth a watch. Ye alot of the hip hop documentaries ive seen cover the same kind of stuff but they are normally a good watch and its always nice to get different perspectives.
    test
  8. NinjaMic

NinjaMic Brian Disease

test
  9. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

Some dope links here.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  10. PreacherMane

PreacherMane Member

Hood Affairs makes good inside follow docs
    test
  11. Rico Futuro

Rico Futuro New Member

test
  12. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

salute to ninja for posting the wu tang and terror squad doccos.

there's been more than fifty documentaries on pac.

my favourite from them all was probably resurrection, where they used his own voice as the narrative.

:numaan:
    test
  13. Crates

Crates Well-Known Member

LA underground doc.

• +Rep +Rep x 1
    test