Hip-hop Aint Dead!!!! What Is Your Opinion!!?? Speak On It...

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by ENCRYPTED MUSIC, Jan 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ENCRYPTED MUSIC

ENCRYPTED MUSIC Boston Hip-Hop Artist

test
  2. GameRGame

GameRGame Do better.

Nas is right, to a degree. Hiphop, as we have known for the past 6 or 7 years is slowly dwindling in it's present form.

However, "THE INDUSTRY" as most people see it right now has been falling for years. Reasons have been thrown, but one of them is not the economy. It's easy to blame something that can't fight back, and yet other entertainment industries are doing very well. People are buying video games and consoles like crazy. People are quickly adapting to HDTV and hi-definition DVD formats. DVD's are still selling like crazy. Music? It's become the idiot savant of entertainment, the stepchild, the kid everyone spits on because they can.

The record industry as we see it today has been devoured by big corporations who see nothing but a big commodities, something that can add more numbers to the quarterly report. Maybe it is true that all major labels will unite as one and truly be "UNIVERSAL". With Universal talking about giving their music for free, with the draw being banner ads, music is masturbation and everyone is wacking off.

There are a lot of flaws in the system of old, especially with trying to compete with the system of now. But even the system today has flaws, but no one cares because a flawed system that makes money is still making money. It doesn't have to be correct and proper, and no one cares.

As for the music, it still boils down to it. I read an article which suggested that 35 years ago, there was a time when an artist had extra time in the recording studio and they would record songs for shits and giggles, music that were done as jokes, songs that were never meant to be heard by the general public. In 2006, most of the music hitting the charts is "shits and giggles". In other words, every song coming out sounds like those joke songs of yesteryear, and yet a younger generation has no idea that the songs are jokes. Who cares, when someone is making money off of it.

With corporations trying to switch their emphasis to China, maybe they'll find billion dollar dreams marketing new artists, who are all the rage in iPod land. Meanwhile, people who are artists are now having second thoughts. Potential artists would prefer to work at Wal-Mart because there's less headache. Hard to put faith in something that has no hope, while those who were hopeful are helpless.
    test
  3. The_K3

The_K3 ^Secksi^

the fact that yung joc sells mroe then royce is why its dieing
    test
  4. bigcfk24

bigcfk24 New Member

Hip-Hop isn't dead.

Hip-Hop is boring.
    test
  5. MistaChipz

MistaChipz New Member

yea, sometimes I think I have more of a future being a barista at coffee bean than I do being a emcee in today's industry...its scares me to think I can't do what I love, because what I love has "no love" left in it....
    test
  6. WillyLode

WillyLode New Member

Nas was right
    test
  7. WillyLode

WillyLode New Member

test
  8. WillyLode

WillyLode New Member

test
  9. WillyLode

WillyLode New Member

test
  10. MistaChipz

MistaChipz New Member

or that Obie Trice has two major releases, and memp bleek has like four or five, and Joe can't even get def jam to promote his second lp...

or the fact like heads are calling Lil wayne the best emcee in the world, that alone shows how low we have fallen......
    test
  11. WillyLode

WillyLode New Member

test
  12. WillyLode

WillyLode New Member

test
  13. WillyLode

WillyLode New Member

test
  14. WillyLode

WillyLode New Member