high vocal pitch while recording

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by ~AerosouL~, Nov 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ~AerosouL~

~AerosouL~ New Member

Just recently, all of a sudden my speakers/headphones settings started actin weird...my problem is that while im recording, the speakers/headphones play my vocals at a higher pitch than usual...so its soundin all chipmunked! haha! but this is only during recording...like otherwise my mic is picking up my vocals fine, and after i hit stop and replay my recorded audio...it plays my voice as normal (not all chipmunked)...so wot i've done is muted my microphone, so that all i hear is the beat while recording...but this is annoying then i can't hear my voice, when i need to be able to judge my delivery and shit while spittin...

could somebody help me out here?

thanks y'all!
    test
  2. theogdogg

theogdogg New Member

That's a problem I've never encountered but I'd recommend trying to record your vocals with a different software program and see if that fixes it...
    test
  3. ~AerosouL~

~AerosouL~ New Member

yeah its just a weird problem i can't figure out! It has nothing to do with the software/programs...i've used a few, same thing...it must be a problem with the actual soundcard of sumfin? i have no idea...bcoz its does the same shit like when im using yahoo, and in a cypher...it just comes out high pitched when i spit through my mic live! ~ Its not the mic either...i've used 3 different mics...same issue...Thanks for your help tho!
    test
  4. phaytal

phaytal ---I-Got-Next---

lol i find it better to record without your voice on your microphone anyway because then you dont get cought up trying to hear yourself and u try alot harder..then you otherwise would
    test
  5. ~AerosouL~

~AerosouL~ New Member

umm noo, u dont caught up trying to hear urself, its soo to give u a better perspective of your own delivery, mic presence etc...its easier to judge it that way, than having headphones on and not being able to hear urself clearly bcoz of the beat playin in your ears! its like trying to make perfect sense of someone talkin through a glass window! ~ any way u didn't answer my original question to the thread!
    test
  6. ~AerosouL~

~AerosouL~ New Member

^up

anyone? i really need to try and get this resolved...
    test
  7. Hitman J

Hitman J lets get get get it....

You probally have a soundcard like creative soundblaster or somethin right?

If so there is a program that comes with it called EAX CONSOLE or somethin

and go there and disable all effects
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.