HFK....why did you want to fuck Fresco to begin with?

Discussion in 'Bodybag!: The BVA Hall of Shame' started by serge dot T, Jun 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seattlebattle12

seattlebattle12 aka lil ill & dagawd100

Err...it's really not that simple. Nothing is universally panned or admired.

Rules of the Game, a 1939 French film is widely regarded as the second or third greatest film of all time by film enthusiasts and critics. The average movie goer would probably find it lame and boring as shit. Neither group is necessarily right.

And Charron and HFK's performance is hardly equatable to Glitter, more to, like you said, an Adam Sandler movie. And you know a lot of people out there would rather watch The Waterboy or Billy Madison than Godfather or Citizen Kane (Fresco and Real Deal). Shit you might be one of them. Doesn't make one group superior to the other.

Edit: Sorry I realized my point is pretty random and may be hard to understand. Basically I just don't like elitism in any sort of thing, and I see this whole "Oh people that like jokes, their opinions shouldn't matter" or "it's bad to like jokes over bars" thing as elitism. Yeah, maybe they don't know as much about battling or whatever but is that grounds for their opinions to not count or to be condescending towards them?

If you haven't seen half of the movies on the TSPDT top 1000 and I have does that mean my taste in film is better than yours?

If I've been listening to hip-hop for twenty years and you've only been listening to it for five do I automatically determine who's good and who's not to you?
    test
  2. tyronehouston

tyronehouston Well-Known Member

I wasn't comparing them to GLITTER but this is a real ass statement. I concede to your point. Touche
    test
  3. ghostofmooks

ghostofmooks 905

tyrone, just for your own future reference my dude cause I know ur a smart person
    and you want to present yourself as such - especially if roger ebert's around - you can only 'pan' somethign you dont like or review negatively.

transitive verb : to criticize severely <the show was panned>
    test
  4. KingsCourtEnt

KingsCourtEnt Active Member

And there were people that enjoyed Glitter Just very few people. Taste is subjective it's just that in situations fewer people might think it's good

I've listened to rap longer than most of you kids have been alive so if we are speaking of experience in this genre not many of you can really speak on that.

HFK other than the 1st round I found his jokes funny and his performance was way more entertaining. He's a basic rapper with a good sense of humor. Not the greatest and some of the jokes are juvenile but he's made me laugh at his lines.

Charron to me is a great battle rapper and always defend the dude. His freestyles are 2nd to none and got some witty punchlines. If he was as wack as people claim than how does he win every format he does.
    Proud2B Champ
    Loung Battle winner
    Rap City Battle Winner
    Ultimate MC Champ of Toronto
    test
  5. Tradish

Tradish illest alive

-I didnt like the jokes man, majority of them was a miss for me. the ones I laughed at was the teach jokes n bodying the trumpet.

if I focus on the bad jokes and nothing else in this 2vs2 live rap battle :shifty: and treat them like thats all they brought to the event I would think differently about who EDGE it. people are of the opinion that that is the right thing to do, fine thats an argument in itself.

(I think ars styled ova joe buddens)

I dont automatically think..bars > all...if the bars are being out shined by some other aspects I notice it. I mean there is good writings that are just weak as a diss or punchline or structured well around underwhelming topics.

-that was not some top quality battle to me.

charron and hfk cant fuck with real deal and fresco if both teams were on there best nights.

real deal by himself would body them both going off of his solo showings.
    test
  6. Thesis34

Thesis34 We fuck hot moms N shit

smh..........
    test
  7. Fuzzy Dunlop

Fuzzy Dunlop this ainta pageant pimpin

Yea sure everyone can have an opinion, but don't mistake that for meaning that all opinions hold equal weight.

"Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one, but some stink more than others"
    test
  8. serge dot T

serge dot T Shotgun Serge

My point exactly; People like what usually fits their general appeal. HFK knew that performing for those with the taste in question would get him the W and it worked. That's the conclusion that I've come to.
    test
  9. Outsider

Outsider Member

dont know where this thread went tbh
    test
  10. tyronehouston

tyronehouston Well-Known Member

I knew that, just writing to quick, but I appreciate the lookout tho Mookie.
    test
  11. Tradish

Tradish illest alive

damn I went full nerd in these threads, caring too much with the wall of text an every thing...my apologizes folks.:frown:
    test
  12. settingtrs

settingtrs New Member

yeah everyone should just shave their head and look like a crackhead, got it.
    test
  13. larry word

larry word get sauced n dip

I kinda thought this was obvious, tbh. I doubt hfk/charron really think their bars were more well written or complex/substantial than rd/fresco's. they wanted to make the crowd laugh and it worked
    test
  14. Riot

Riot The Dark Hero.

Do you still not like Hallow tha Don and do you still think he's trash?
    test
  15. A<-->G

A<-->G New Member

lol @ hfk farts glitter

but yeah, a good battlerapper is pretty much able to use creative/witty angels with gay-lines (like khan)

hfk is just straight trash, charron carried that muphucka
    test
  16. Mrjdm998

Mrjdm998 New Member

y u mad doe?
    test
  17. Riot

Riot The Dark Hero.

SMH. I Hope you were joking, Although..A lot of truth is said in jest.

Creative Gay Lines are decent here and there. Unoriginal Gay Verses are Complete and utterly Crap.

Too many battles now'a'days are becoming pure comical, no content or in-depth angles.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.