HFK bout to clap the scimitar (Lesson on Pause)

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by ErikForeman, Nov 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Judgekure

Judgekure 48÷2(9+3)=288 tbh

No, Its not...It ended in a disappointing way.
    test
  2. GetPaid

GetPaid Well-Known Member

Trying to find out what happened to Eyerate led me to the Off topic forums, and then to here. So much negativity, damn. It's to be expected, but damn, it's not healthy.

Mapleleaf makes the most sense (or the two posts of his I read, this was too much to go through).

Can't side with either party here. HFK needs to calm down. But at the same time, it's ridiculous how scared of gay people this site is. Like for real, people go to ridiculous lengths to prove how not gay they are, as if being gay is an inherently bad thing (I understand some people might actually believe that, but I think most just do it because they like to throw others under the bus to prove how down they are). Pausing shit is stupid too, it is like you are hyper-aware and defensive of the thought of being called gay so you look for it in everything and call it out just so no one can question your own sexual preferences.

This is not to single out Foreman because 99% (probably 100% actually) of the people on here do the same thing, it is just ridiculous to me in general. Almost like a gay guy slept with everyone's girlfriend...wait, nevermind.

Whatever lol.
    test
  3. ErikForeman

ErikForeman Yung Fred Flint

Pausing has nothing to do with proving you're straight. It's a long running joke that's told between people, think of it as a way of finding humor in everything.

People analyze the word way too much, thus the facebook messages tbh
    test
  4. GetPaid

GetPaid Well-Known Member

It's my understanding it is the same thing as "no homo" basically.

And come on, if you qualify a statement with no homo, you are attempting to ensure that no one sees you as gay. Why? It's the same thought process people use when they say racist shit and then say "no racist/racial/whatever". You don't want to be associated with being racist, because it is bad. Same with being gay, it is bad, and you don't want to be called it, so you take preemptive measures against it.

Is that really overanalyzing it? Seems pretty obvious to me (admittedly, I probably have a different perspective on it than most on this board, growing up in San Francisco.)

You in the general sense by the way.
    test
  5. ErikForeman

Now for a serious reply to a serious post tbh

The comments like ultimate fanboy (also see: urbandictionary), and EG of this battle scene is disrespectful. Throwing "and not in the negative way" in doesn't aid it in the slightest. How exactly is there a positive way to call someone a fanboy, or refer to them as the equivalent of a person they hate? I'm not getting it.

TBH I'm pretty over it so I don't need to discuss the rest
    test
  6. ErikForeman

It's not to prove I'm not homosexual, because I am not lmao, don't need to work to prove that. It's simply something that is said after a comment that can be also interpreted as a sexual connotation. (Which means, not even necessarily gay. Majority is gay though)

You're watching rap battles. Rap battles and rap music have been stereotypically homophobic since early on; so a bit of playing around with the homosexuality subject shouldn't alarm you in the slightest. Especially with you having watched battles in the past, I'm sure you've heard your share of "fag, homo, gay" lines. It just comes with the turf.
    test
  7. reznick

reznick New Member

But who gives a fuck?

Why does what maple says affect you?

It seems like he made it clear that it doesn't matter if you and him are both mods, he will speak his opinion, and I actually respect that.

Even if he does it all the time, who gives a shit. You gotta show more strength than that man.

You also have to really stop taking this entire rapmusic/grind time thing so seriously. The moment any of this shit starts affecting your feelings in a negative way, on any level of significance, is when you should really just take a break.

I think EG is pie as fuck just like the next person, but it seems like what he says, and what maples reaction to what he says, is really bothering you. And as a message board friend, I would advise you to try your best to fix that character flaw.

Maybe it's just my personality. In person, it's very hard to make me mad. But from something on a computer screen? It's something I can't even imagine.
    test
  8. bobbaforce

bobbaforce I don't give a nada

^lol yeah,

best thing about Rapmusic is whenever you get mad you can always hit LOG OUT

cant do that shit IRL, take advantage of it! haha

i come here to have a laugh and talk about rap battle stuff with people that have similar interests as me...if im doin neither of those then i know i shouldnt be on anymo!
    test
  9. ErikForeman

You're right on alot of things in this post Rez. I don't disagree at all. However I think it's a bit of twisted logic to say Maple can speak his opinion and I can't. In a way, I'm only doin what he's doin, so this isn't even really hostile at all.

You gotta understand, I'm typin this shit between sleep and work tbh, I've got much more on my mind than just this petty RM shit; but if I feel some way I gotta comment on it. I haven't disrespected Maple once in this entire thread, so it's not like I'm goin overboard, I just don't get his approach to the thread. Neither the HFK or the EG shit tbh.
    test
  10. Moltisanti

Moltisanti New Member

Yo u faggits still arguing????

Omg die slow
    test
  11. teacozy

teacozy New Member

There's no "they". The Goddess tags were made by two people. That's not exactly an army of defenders.
    test
  12. larry word

larry word get sauced n dip

just postin in here to say that pausing is not really homophobic

it's like 'that's what she said'... that's not misogynistic or whatever.
    test
  13. MisterE

MisterE Look @ His Face Now!

there are some people who like to keep things copasetic and friendly, and dont voice much negativity....i think my boy Foreman falls in that category for the most part

EG definitely does not. (large space margin requested)

to be real, i used to have problems with some people on this site, and then i realized that i was actually thinking about them outside of the forums, and how fuckin immensely sad pathetic and negative it was to be thinking of rebuttals to MCtrollfag187 AFTER logging off, and stopped arguing with screen names....i got love for all of ya'll, gay as it sounds, truthfully every member on this site has an interesting viewpoint we can learn something from, and i have no hate for anyone here....EG says exactly what he feels with no consideration or remorse for anybody, and as much as i cringe reading the shit he says to some ppl, its honestly how he feels. and being blunt is more respectable than being a moronic faggish yesman, or a fake ass follower....

EF on the other hand voices his opinion with a bit of suave tactful eloquence, and genuinely supports the advancement of battling with a passion...even if you dont agree with his battle opinions, at least he's promoting his beliefs....also mad respectable + he's my DOOD

Maple, i dunno what i was thinking....you've disagreed with my views a couple times in the past, and for some reason i just thought u hated me lol....thats my bad, u do a good job around here, and I'll hopefully be attending decembers Lazy Sunday in Portland and have some footage up soon

also, there should be a clear line of seperation between angry posting and trolling....we've all had ebeef, and posted vehemently about it.... as long as your laughing behind the screen, its potato gravy....the second ur taking shit serious, and getting pissed, ur losing tbh
    test
  14. seattlebattle12

seattlebattle12 aka lil ill & dagawd100

maple why you defending a guy that once called you out for not paying him back for chinese food? lol
    test
  15. ScimonomicS

ScimonomicS New Member

so much bloodletting in this thread. i love it.

matt brought out the big guns for his return.

[​IMG]
    test
  16. ScimonomicS

ScimonomicS New Member

oh and btw; if people say pause after everything (which i notice is becoming a trend) its no longer clever or witty and becomes a redundant parody.
    test
  17. ErikForeman

pause @ longer

nah but on some real shit. HFK's reaction to my pause was just funny to me, dude found it worth while to search my name on facebook tbh, so that's why this is posted. The entire argument of whether pause is.. I dunno what people are even trying to say honestly.. wrong? Is that the word? Maybe stupid? Okay, sure, but that just means you don't have to say it.

I happen to think hella is the dumbest shit I've ever heard, and alot of people I speak to use it. (I know alot of Northern Californians) I aint gonna tell em to stop, and I understand what it means where they live tbh
    test
  18. proteam40

proteam40 god speed, centipede

I still don't know what pause means. Someone said it to me on here once, I was confused.
    test
  19. Sensei Sounds

Sensei Sounds Certified Brappee

Whoa, not even closely related to this topic...

Check your spud count, bro. You must be getting low, I'm genuinely worried.
    test
  20. ErikForeman

Hahahaha bro you don't wanna test my potato game. (pause)

Shit's like idaho right about now
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.