Hey what are some good "mind fuck" movies

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by E_x_t_o_g_I, Aug 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teacozy

teacozy New Member

Pan's Labyrinth.

No joke. Just recalled how crushing that thing is.
    test
  2. MisterE

MisterE Look @ His Face Now!

i guess this all depends on your interpretation of a mindfuck flick

i think alot of ya'll consider mindfucking movies as flicks that make you think alot and have unpredictable outcomes

my idea is a flick that makes you say "what the fuck is going on"....*Primer, Memento, The Wall(pink Floyd), and Being john Malkovich are a few I'd recommend.....Solaris and Stalker are both top notch confounding cerebral flicks, both by a russian bull named Andrei Tarkovsky....both Eraserhead and Mulholland Drive are confusing, but while Eraserhead is imo just strange and grotesque for the sake of being uncomfortable, Mulholland Drive is an subjectively comprehensible labyrinthian story with an left-up-to-you open ending....but really, both are from the mind of David Lynch, who is a warped freak of nature with the sole goal of skullfuck you into a writhing seizure...he's brilliant, but weird as fuck
    test
  3. Mistake

Mistake Dougie Darko

i once tried to watch spun really messed up after a weekend booze and pills and that fucked with my head dammn junkies im must say i did not like requiem for a dream
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  4. Diggles

Diggles Fred Durst's Life Coach

Recently.. I'd say Shutter Island. It gives you a plot, then in the matter of a few mins everything you knew is bullshit and fabricated. Some hate it, some love it. I thought it was a very clever movie and didn't resolve to small trickery to fool the audience. Others claimed they had it from the start, but they also claim to have known who Keyser Soze was and how Memento ended before it began..
    test
  5. MisterE

ya'll need to relax with all this beefy debate on mulholland drive

the movie is/was confusing....even if YOU didnt personally find it confusing, understand that your general populace isnt accustomed to watching flicks more intellectual than I Am Legend or Terminator....have some empathy and u'll see Mulholland would be an oddball paradox to your average viewer

with that said, Lynch also said it's the least favorite of all his work lol
    test
  6. marcus1

marcus1 New Member

no...he's said that DUNE (remember that piece of crap) is his most hated movie. he tried to get his name taken off of dune (read lynch on lynch if you dont believe me). he didnt try to take his name off mulholland drive.

and i totally hear where you're coming from. all i said was the movie was easy for me to get. that still doesnt make it any less of a masterpiece. i said what i said, next thing you know some dude is telling me to "shut the fuck up".
    test
  7. teacozy

teacozy New Member

Well that is what the OP defined it as.
    test
  8. marcus1

marcus1 New Member

sorry, i didnt have a tape recorder handy.

and....

"i know david lynch personally i've had dinner with him at ihop and we discussed mullholland drive for hours"

"IVE been to 5 q&a sessions with david lynch GUYS TRUST ME"

lol damn i dont remember saying that. but you actually quoted me saying it and everything. i guess i must have said it, huh...

im sorry i venture out of my house go actually see the man himself speak as opposed to wikipedia-ing all of my info. im not trying to make seem like its some big deal. i live in new york city, that kind of stuff happens at movie theaters like; ifc, anthology film archives, film forum etc. its not bragging at all. but whatever, thats the last i'll address you.

now be predictable and call me a "faggot lame pussy" or something, lol
    test
  9. MisterE

got me.

i watched a long ass interview with him and i thought he had said MD.... i dunno how i got it confused, but ur right....it was the pos known as Dune

and yeah, shit talking faggots are no fun....at least we can ignore them online, without having to hear them get louder and force us to get an assault charge
    test
  10. TsirhCitna

TsirhCitna New Member

david lynch chops it up with random fans for no reason? enough that you'd call them q&a sessions?

i dunno man
    test
  11. MisterE

plenty of celebrity's have interview/conferences where they answer fans questions
    test
  12. TsirhCitna

TsirhCitna New Member

i'm cooped up in nowhere, ontario so i guess it doesn't seem as plausible to me. for him to say he's had 'many Q&A's' ?

whatever though. just speculating.
    test
  13. MisterE

fasho

if ur interested, youtube "Inside the Actors Studio" and u'll find tons of interviews with crowd q/a sections from kevin spacey, james gandolfini, johnny depp ect ect
    test
  14. DANK smoke

DANK smoke New Member

crash, fear and loathing in las vegas
    test
  15. iAMhell

iAMhell New Member

old boy is one of those rare films I thought 'oh shittt didn't see that coming' and its majorly fucked up but a great film lol
    test
  16. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

thats your problem then your a follower, stop being a follower? lol..

see the thing is, they watch movies to ENJOY them.. which is what their made for

you choose to try to be the next siskel and wanna be a critic to everything, your 1 of those people who has to take the less traveled road all the time aint you? if someone says somethin is sick, you gotta say ehh, if they say ehh you gotta say thats fuckin crazy how dont you get that?? i know people just like you lol its funny
    test
  17. ReverseOsmosis

ReverseOsmosis aka Drone

The sandlot,camp cucamonga,and Ernest goes to camp
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  18. King John

King John ♛♔♚♕♛♔♚♕

[​IMG]

The ending will make you go crazy, as for anybody that said "The Game," ignore them that movie was fucking horrible.
    test
  19. SmiRk

SmiRk Logic or Death

- Memento
    - The Believer
    - Kids
    - Suicide Club (Foreign, Jap.)
    - Tomie (Foreign, Jap. - saga of 8 movies, all nutso and filmed in different styles)
    - Dead or Alive 1-2 (Foreign, Jap.)
    test
  20. onitabas

onitabas die faggot

The Game is better than Oldboy. It is a good example of good directing - you feel the paranoia of Michael Douglas' character the whole way through.

In terms of "mindfuck" this movie is a little lightweight but I suggest the movie Following. It is the first movie by Christopher Nolan and it was filmed on a $0 budget with his personal camera, all the actors were his friends, and it was shot over the course of a year on weekends. The ending was definitely a surprise.

Oh, and my I suggest one of the most underrated movies of ALL TIME???
    [​IMG]
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.