HEY TIGRE and SEIK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need advice on picking cheap rides that are fast!

Discussion in 'Car & Audio' started by LordHysider, Aug 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordHysider

LordHysider Bawler

Yea, Im on a budget and I got about 2geez to put down, I need something that won't get murdered on the freeway against other peeps and reliable and affordable, what do you guys have in mind, Im lookin to spend like 6geez tops on an automobile right now, help a nig out.
    test
  2. SEIK

SEIK New Member

Its not REALLY about the car you get playa..... its more about what you plan to do to it once you have it! Engine upgrades or modifications. Personally I like 2nd Gen Mitsubishi Eclipse, there is a lot of room to upgrade with those.
    test
  3. LordHysider

LordHysider Bawler

damn I don't really know much about upgrades, The only upgrade I'll probaly do is put in some rims and get a stereo system. Then I MIGHT put in a cool intake just cause u said it'll my the car faster.

But I guess what I trying to ask is what would you do if you had 6gs to spend on a car?
    test
  4. Kraylen

Kraylen Killer Instinct Champion.

ehh, man options you can go with. Nothing REALLY fast for that cheap, without any engine mods or swapping done.

Your best bet would be to get a late 80's-early 90's import. (Mr2, Supra, 240sx, RX7 etc etc)
    test
  5. LordHysider

LordHysider Bawler

finally a reply, thanks man.
    test
  6. Sprinta_01

Sprinta_01 can't deny the skillz....

Funny that you would say that.....I am ready to get rid of my 95 Eclipse GS(NT) and get a damn Mustang GT for christ's sake, and i was a die hard import fan, but supras, skylines and rx7s are more than just a lil outta my range bein a full time college student, so i figure i'll finance a 2000 GT that comes off with like 120 more horses than my piece of shit car which will probably cost me alot more in the long run, if it were to run that long!!! but in response to the one seeking advice, if you were to get an eclipse, spring for the GST or GSX(both of which come with a turbo that gives like 210hp to the wheels as opposed to the GS/RS which puts out a weak 140, and a sportier suspension for more aggressive driving),i wish i knew the eclipse was running off of a damn dodge neon engine(pre-SRT4) before i purchased it, i wouldn't have needed to think about it at all..... other things to consider....1)ride height and your height - i' 5'11" and that thing was so low to the ground i was practically gettin my eagle on tryin to get in the bitch......2) because i' sure you'll be wanting to make quick manuevers in it....you might want to consider a car that doesn't have too much rear view obstruction, the car has horrible blind spots that make lane changing a longer and more thought-out process if you know what i mean....and in a world where timing is EVERYTHING....things like that count no matter what, if you don't agree....i hope the laws of physics favor you when that 18 wheeler comes barreling down the lane your about to get in and if you didn't know....I AM SPEAKIN FROM EXPERIENCE!!!!!
    test
  7. Sprinta_01

Sprinta_01 can't deny the skillz....

get a 80's 5.0 liter mustang dawg....you won't even need a sound system wit some flowmaster 50's on it.....i' just gettin a 2000 GT to hold me over till i can afford a WRX sTi, EVO, or that new Volkswagon R32 (i hate VW but this is the fuckin truth....)
    test
  8. Kraylen

R32 is a fun motherfucker. awdddddd
    test
  9. Trey M

Trey M \.=.

get a 88 dodge daytona shelby z
    test
  10. Identity

Identity Shaq fears Yao!

get a 92-98 honda civic hatchback si with an engine swap already in it, perferrably a jdm or mugen engine, ls vtech, type r or something of that power...
    test
  11. Tigre

Tigre Ax Me About Ebonics

lol at the R32 being the truth...

it is alright, but not that fucking exciting.
    test
  12. OG FrOgGy JoHnSoN

OG FrOgGy JoHnSoN ALCATRAZ INC.

lol

stick with 5.0 mustang
    test
  13. SPoKeN PHiLoSoPHy

SPoKeN PHiLoSoPHy crazy ill, mad rowdy

yup.. i'd get that 5.0 also
    test
  14. Kraylen

Do you even know what the fuck you're talking about?
    test
  15. Tigre

Tigre Ax Me About Ebonics

LOL. he wrote VTECH ..that obviously is the red flag for a newbie talking about things you hear from people or see on tv.
    test
  16. Kraylen

That was my first indication sir.
    test
  17. Phanatic

Phanatic New Member

With the right modifications, you can make any of those cars a monster. It's all about the money. If you manage to find a Supra, i'd get that because they are factory built for speed, and then you can get you mods and get the computer reprogrammed. I wish I would have waited a while before I bought my car(95 civic ex). I really want an rx7 or 240sx for drifting. GO TO THE LOCAL CAR AUCTIONS!!! YOU GET AWESOME DEALS THERE!!! AND GET A MANUAL TRANSMISSION, I'D RATHER DIE THAN DRIVE AN AUTOMATIC!!
    test
  18. Vary

Vary Active Member

Car performance is my life man, and I have seen tons of different sports car perform.So, personally I suggest getting an LS1 if you want some true american muscle power.An LS1 is the engine found in 98+ Camaros and Trans Ams(same engine found in certain corvettes).You could probably find a decent LS1 for about 6-8k.Stock they run the 1/4th in about 13.5 or lower, so they are hella fast and reliable.
    The best bang for the buck import out there would be a DSM.Which includes any Eagle Talon, Mitsu. Eclipse, or Plymouth Laser.You can get a 1g(years 90-94) for as low as 1,000 and in good shape.Just get the AWD turbo version, don't mess with any of the other ones.Stock AWD turbo runs the 1/4 in about 14.5 which is decent.The car has way more upside than any Honda or Mustang(except the Cobras) and will beat the majority of those models stock for stock.With a few of the correct mods you will embarrass any civic or mustang you see.
    just do your research before you mod anything.
    test
  19. SEIK

SEIK New Member

Whens the last time you seen a cheap Supra?
    test
  20. kingkirk

kingkirk New Member

Look at a 93-96 Lincoln Mark VIII, its got the 4.6 L DOHC V8, 280 horsepower.. same shit they put in mustang cobras back then. this car hauls ass. I picked up my 94 for $5,000 with 57,000 miles with a sunroof and everything.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.