Hey Is it possible to take the beat out of a song to make it a acapella??!!

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by Face-C-Tre, Sep 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Face-C-Tre

Face-C-Tre New Member

somebody tell me how i can take the beat out of a song and make it a acapella(just vocals).. thx!!
    test
  2. enigma v2.0

enigma v2.0 i'm nice

test
  3. Face-C-Tre

Face-C-Tre New Member

word damn i hurd it could be done.......
    test
  4. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

Its possible and somebody asks this question on this board atleast once a week the technique is called EQ take the song into any editor and EQ out the bass if the song has too much instrumental in it still take out the Treble the vocals will not sound as good as they did before but thats how its done
    test
  5. enigma v2.0

enigma v2.0 i'm nice

^do it and show me....

otherwise, i'll tell you why it's impossible... the instrumental makes up about at least 60% of the sonic range of a song... and the vocals are not sonically isolated from the instrumental... therefore if you remove the sonic range of the instrumental, you're therefore, in effect removing the whole song...
    test
  6. BPINCdef

BPINCdef Renaissance Man

yea...removing the bass, does NOT jus remove bass from the instrumental, any vocal bass will be removed also, some with treble, this is possible if you have experience with removing frequencies, but it will never be perfect and the vocals will always be fucked or there will be remnants of the beat, and with this experience, it will still take days
    test
  7. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

its not possible...

the simple reason is because you cant isolate overlapping frequency ranges between instruments or voices...its impossible...

its like mixing red and blue paint..you get purple....and then you try to remove the red paint by spilling some out to turn whats left over to blue again...

wont happen...
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.