Hey guys, Im pregnant

Discussion in 'Emcee Hookups' started by L. Kross, Jul 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Resilient.

Resilient. .. . ..

Thankfully I have no kids. It would put my career on a serious halt.
    test
  2. L. Kross

L. Kross His Highness

Well, its actually about to get mine goin. I used to get all kinds of offers to come record at someones professional studio buildin downtown an come do this show wit me theres gonna be an atlanta records a an r rep there an for whatever reason i was never really on it, i seriously sabotaged myself out of a music career, but now that i got a kid on the way, im writin more then i was, im lookin for studios to go drop some shit at, soon as someone tells me theres a show to do, its on. i havent performed in probly five years, an i havent even recorded in like three... but i always stayed writin, ive filled up at least three notebooks in those three years of unrecorded, newly perfected fire, so I think Im just now about to take off
    You know me weez, i was always sick, even as a kid i was never just another rm text head, i always had the juice wit audio an my text was stronger then most average heads, i just wasnt on the super upper echeolon of witty punch writers like cal an mags
    test
  3. Resilient.

Resilient. .. . ..

Sure.. I believe you, but at the same time you have to be realistic. You want to find something that's realistic in hopes on giving your child a good life? Or do you want to try and be a rapper? I mean, I understand you can make some quick cash doing a show, but how often will a show come? How often will you be able to afford to record in a studio?

I don't know man - I think the rap thing is just a hobby, and if it isn't - it should be. Good luck though. You're a stand up dude, and I'm sure you'll do right by the child. *sniffle* Lotty growing up.
    test
  4. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

taking care of a family is real life. it gets tough. ups and downs. but you always have to take care of the kids, and in my case, the wife. family first. i never aspired to be a rapper, never recorded anything. i'm a good writer and found this entertaining and just happend to excel at it, so i did it. nothing more. couldn't imagine trying to jumpstart my rap career while taking care of a family. that said, you have to do you. figure out what you're best at and invest in it. if that's rap, so be it. can't say i've heard you, so i can't attest to the talent. if that's not you, get real, get an education, get a job, and take care of yours.

we just moved into a house. after 6 years, and we finally have a house. my kids have their own rooms. i'm a mid-level manager, and my wife is finishing school and works as an accounting assistant. things are good, and it's still tough. a family is expensive. just think of the resources it takes to make 4 people comfortable. the amount of food, clothes, water, electricity, gas, etc. i still need more.

if all else fails, food stamps will save your life. real talk. i no longer qualify, but that shit was nice. also, you'll get more money from taxes. with two kids, i get like 6-8k in tax refunds.
    test
  5. L. Kross

L. Kross His Highness

Well that is what Im best at, I cant go back to school cause I got like 13 thousand dollars in debt for school loans, but rap has always been my thing

SoundClick artist: L Kross - Gutta, grimey, projects. Pistols, rifles, bomb threats

thats all old shit like i said its been three years or better since i got to record, i got shit thats radio ready, commercial mainstream clubby type bs joints, im just regrettin now that i never persued any of the shows or free studio time, not all of it i did some shows an blew some studios out but i always felt like i coulda went harder an made sommin happen so i got a lil window right now before its sink or swim im gonna try to do all i can do to get out there, get heard get a name for myself an maybe get signed to a serious label, then the shows an studio time will be constant, feel me? probably too constant ima be fightin to open my schedule for my family, but i gotta do sommin an yeah i dont really lose at rap. if theres one thing you almost cant be beat at its worth givin a serious shot
    test
  6. Resilient.

Resilient. .. . ..

I'm 25. I live alone, I'm single, No kids. I just bought my first house on my own. If I were to have a family, I would not have this house, I would not be excelling in my career, and I would not be in the financial position I am in right now. Don't get me wrong, one day I want one - but I don't think I'm financially ready to have one. Plus I can't find a girl that I can put up with for more than a day. Lol.
    test
  7. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

agreed. truthfully, i would've had a house six years ago had i not gotten married and eventually had kids. it's much cheaper to take care of one person than it is to take care of four. its a sacrifice that not many are ready or willing to make. not sure if i was ready, but i've made the most of it. god is on my side.

i'm 26. left college after 2 years at 19. got married at 20. went back to college at 21. daughter was born at 22. son was born at 23. graduated college at 23.

only the strong survive, in any situation.
    test
  8. Resilient.

Resilient. .. . ..

and I commend your ability to overcome my man.
    test
  9. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

nevermind that.
    test
  10. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

test
  11. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

I hope those aren't huge. Uploaded them through tapatalk.
    test
  12. L. Kross

L. Kross His Highness

yeah... about that... lol ima real life loser. i dropped outta school at 14, got my ged at 15 tho but i dropped out of every school / trade program since then, im 25 wit no real education, no specific skills, not much job history background, i live like the movies lol... i carry pistols an sell drugs in the streets, i thought we all did, i guess its a smaller perspective from just your point of view. but anyway yeah i got rappin on lock, plus i aint jus sayin shit i saw on tv or heard on the radio so you can hear the realness when i rap. fuck my life. you got a beautiful fam Q
    test
  13. Resilient.

Resilient. .. . ..

Q, cute kids.

Lotus - That life is good for your family? If you think that bangin' and rappin' is going to support your family, I'm sorry -it's not. You want the best for our family. You want to be able to put a good steak on the table, not McDonald's and Taco Bell. I'm just saying it's time to grow up - this rap thing was good 10 years ago, but everybody does it now.
    test
  14. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

Agreed. Different strokes for different folks, I suppose. I couldn't imagine. But we all live in different realities.
    test
  15. Resilient.

Resilient. .. . ..

It's true. I don't have it hard anymore. I'm 25, live on my own. Just bought my own house. I have a great career that I make great money in, and I love it. Just met a girl that I think I want to get serious with.
    test
  16. Orange407County

Orange407County Well-Known Member

yall do realize we grew up together, right? lol
    test
  17. L. Kross

L. Kross His Highness

I kno man, thats why im tryna find a job an do shit like get my felony expunged i got three years hangin over my head in prison, i am tryin to be the best man i can be for my family given i wasnt shown alot as a kid thats positive but im doin my best, i just figure that it couldnt hurt to give rap a legitimate shot i never gave it as a teenager. im still turnin in applications an tryin to do good shit but rap might be real for me, private message me your number ill put some of my new hotness in youre ear.

an syngutta, we all did kinda grow up together from like 15 an shit lol. im proud to have you guys as my second set of friends, we could probably kick it an blaze a l whenever
    test
  18. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

lol. true.
    test
  19. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

joined in 8th grade. now this.
    test
  20. Orange407County

Orange407County Well-Known Member

lotty if u still really into rapping and shit, you guys got any battle leagues up there? Face to face on cam joints like grind time? im into this league down here thats affiliated with grind time, hosted by mad ills and shit. My first battle was supposed to be july 28th but i was real sick, gonna be battling the 24th of this month, ill let yall know when the videos out
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.