hey eyerate

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by IKNOWALL, Jun 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Revo Minded

Revo Minded Your wife dreams of me

Sometimes i think that you dont grasp the reality of how much we owe them. This isnt a "hey yo homie you owe me (enter a small amount) we gonna give you a warning" and to become the number one influence in the world and show your dominance over other nations can seriously alter your viewpoint isnt that what the United States has done to other countries since the US started being a world power? How many countries have you seen trying to attack the US yet we still have a ton of allies, "if you cant beat them, join them".
    test
  2. reznick

reznick New Member

I understand that we owe them.

But saying they will attack us, is the extreme. Just about as out of touch as saying us owing them means nothing.
    test
  3. Eyerate

Eyerate The Definition of Real..

you understand THAT we owe them, not WHAT we owe them.

for someone who is so interested in the exponential growth of tech and other "open minded" ideas and models, you sure have absolutely no idea what the financial world landscape looks like.
    test
  4. dmac0850

dmac0850 New Member

havent read every post -but if the general gist is that China would attack the united states based on default of loan payments then don't you think that the u.s. could just get other loans to pay them back (from the imf, wb, or other countries???)
    test
  5. Revo Minded

:funny::funny::funny::funny::funny:
    test
  6. dmac0850

dmac0850 New Member

kk, but could you explain why thats hilarious
    im pretty sure the imf's main function is to provide debt relief
    test
  7. Revo Minded

Explain to me from which country we would/could borrow from?

and yeah the IMF's main function is that, but do you know for every dollar you borrow from them your asking to get royally assfucked. Even the damn Jamaicans are realizing that.

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/20110703/business/business1.html
    test
  8. MorgzyV8

MorgzyV8 JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ

lol...nah. ima stay out of this.

on another note if you have netflix, Peep the movie called 1% or One percent(forget how it's spelled). there's some good shit in it about stuff we've talked about in other threads.
    test
  9. dmac0850

dmac0850 New Member

I assume the royal ass-fucking you're referring to is the SAPs, imo these help prevent financial crises and insure that the relief is not simply delaying the inevitable

imo this is necessary for countries (like the u.s.) facing a poor balance of payments

did you read that article?
    i think this is the type of thing you wanted to link:
    test
  10. Revo Minded

Yeah something of that sort

but like I said what other country do you think we can borrow from? And if we cant even pay our debts what makes u think other countries would be interested in our already devalued dollar?
    test
  11. Eyerate

are you guys fuckin serious with this? are you that comfortable/ignorant of the world around you?

our debt is insurmountable.. we will never repay it short of another world war leaving us the only producing country. i mean NEVER. the dollar is on the bring of complete collapse, inflation is going to HAMMER the american public in the next 5 years to the point of bread lines.. you guys think this is just some game where we move some chess pieces and everything is ok? we're MILES down the rabbit hole. fucking MILES. our superiority as a country is at risk right now.. SEVERE risk. in our lifetimes, we will see a new superpower take control of this planet unless we go to war over it... which is the most likely outcome, considering out military prowess.

i dont think any of you naysayers actually understand the first thing about "the debt". if you think there is any country or entity on the planet that can loan us anything to even begin to remedy this situation you are truly retarded.
    test
  12. Revo Minded

Like I said most of these peeps think our debt is measurable like any other countries which makes me laugh
    test
  13. Eyerate

i find it increasingly harder to accept that the "intellectuals" of this board, save a very few elite specimens, are more than kids who got straight Cs through highschool and like to wikisurf.

it speaks poorly of the community as a whole, but then again, so do i on a regular basis :funny:
    test
  14. SpecialOhEmPics

SpecialOhEmPics Well-Known Member

china aint gonna do fuck all unless they got the russians with em

only feasable scenario is most of the world getting substancially more pissed off at the u.s, war has to be all justified these days, invading some countries would b a good way to do that, they cud just say their scared and obamas like hitler

There has been a lot of fighter jet training in my city lately, and i live in canada it blew my mind to see we had those

i think a big war could be a possibility soon
    test
  15. Eyerate

of course they arent going to do shit without the russians..

but you say that like i havent provided you with like 5 different links in this thread alone showing you exactly how close the russians work with the chinese these days..

if you go read up on the j-20 fighter you'll find the russians originally collaborated with them on production of a gen 5 fighter. who does that? countries that are VERY entangled.
    test
  16. dmac0850

dmac0850 New Member

i don't think a single country would be able to pay the largest countries debt but a coalition of countries could help with a bit of the payments.
    if i had to ask around i would start with the ones who benefited from the marshall plan (though they have their own problems right now). I would also look to private citizens by means of bonds and as mentioned before the IMF/WB which the U.S. and China are members of
    and can have peaceful discourse through.

i don't see how anyone would ever predict the coming of a conventional war in this global policy environment.

how many wars have been fought between developed nations?
    how many wars have started due to the default of loan payments?
    why would a country start a war, that would be inevitably costly, because another is costing them money?

sorry if this has been covered, i stopped reading the thread on the first page when nukes were mentioned and i am extremely ignorant
    test
  17. Haze305

Haze305 Flite Team Movement

Why go to war when they can just declare the dollar dead and create a new form of currency. That solves the problem of the US being a economic super power while not risking all out war.

I think the Chinese are going to be in for a nice surprise when they assume the mantle of the worlds only economic superpower. They will suffer the same fate as all the others before at a more ***** pace. Their ideology and the flow of information will have them crush in 25 years.

[tinfoil] The money men of the world will do what they did in Britain, America, and Russia (to a small extent) they will build China up and then lay waste to their society. I wonder how Russians alliance with China works out when the Chinese realize that Russia is using them as pawns.

I'm just waiting for China to annex Taiwan and Korea. When that happens I hope America celebrates because that would signal the end of China.[remove tinfoil]

Then again I could be wrong.
    test
  18. MindTaker

MindTaker GFY

You are. Zimbabwe abandoned their currency and they're still fucked. Also, China already claims Taiwan. They just haven't made any real attempts at taking it. Some posturing here and there but they haven't made any real effort to go in with military personnel and take it over. They'd be hard pressed to do so w/o most of the civilized world condemning them though and possibly being on the bad end of U.N. sanctions and such. Best Korea may or may not welcome Chinese rule and an attempt at taking over South Korea would drag us into a war with them as we have treaties with S.K. that would obligate us to take action.

I have to say that I don't like this idea that the amount the US owes China is some non-quantifiable number. It isn't in fact it's pretty easy to quantify. It's roughly 1.5 trillion dollars. That's not to say that isn't a fuck ton. Just that isn't some unimaginable number beyond all comprehension. I found this that gives a fairly decent perspective on what a trillion looks like.

What does one TRILLION dollars look like?

Multiply that last image by about 9.3 and you've got the national debt.
    test
  19. reznick

reznick New Member

We owe them 1.1 trillion dollars?

That's a shitload, but if you think the citizens of China, and the world, would go for this, then you're really out of touch with reality.

Q+A - How much money does the IMF have? | Reuters
    "European leaders have asked the IMF to stand ready to provide up to $310 billion (250 billion euros) as part of a $1 trillion package of loans and guarantees to prevent Greece's financial woes spreading to other euro zone countries."

Well will you look at that.

dmac shittin on this thread
    test
  20. Eyerate

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. fuck no. you need to go on read only mode as well.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.