here's what bothers me about the Wii, Nintendo, and their fans...

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by cyphamasta, Nov 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

I think Nintendo is seriously played out to be honest. Yea, the nintendo Wii is cute for kids and the new controller may seem "innovative now"...but for adults...it is just plain stupid. Whoever said that this thing is a modified gamecube is absolutely right. Even the games..I mean..they are geared toward a younger age group. Mario was fun for the NES..but it just got progressively dumb. I'm sorry..I don't have an interest in playing a 3-D Mario game. X-box 360 and PS2 are essentially the same....the games..yea... they are identical graphically..for the most part. The only thing that makes 360 somewhat marketable is it's online capabilities..other than that..360 is a waste of 400 dollars..which isn't cheap at all to me. I have been curious lately....wondering as to what people are buying in terms of consoles for xmas. I hung out in several electronic departments and most people are buying the Nintendo Wii for their kids....people are buying tons of Nintendo Ds handhelds......and tons of slim line PS2's. All the PS3's are gone until Feb. and noone is really showing an interest in Xbox 360. I played Madden NFL 2007 on 360 last week and I compared it to NFL 2K5..and older football game that I own and love for the playstation 2.......No comparison in terms of graphics. I favored the PS2 in terms of graphics. Call of duty looks slightly better on 360..but not that much to be completely honest. Concerning PS3...the price is ridiculous and I do agree that the Blu-Ray was a bit unneccessary. But, if you have the money to buy a PS3...you arn't getting totally ripped off...considering the cheapest Blu-Ray player that I have seen was abt 1,000 dollars. But, to get a next gen system and a 1,000 dollar blue ray player for 600 bucks..that isn't too bad if you've got that kind of money to burn. Personally...when Metal Gear Solid 3 hits the shelves...that's when Xbox is going to start dying out. PS3 is still young now and still quite pricey...but I believe the quality of the games will determine the winner of this new console war. Nintendo has the kid's market on lock. Noone should even compare the Wii to the PS3 or the 360 because it is in a league of it's own. It's target audience is completely different. But, for older gamers like me...we are watching the 360 vs. Ps2/Ps3 battle. So far, in my opinion...Ps2 is still knifing 360 in the back until the Ps3 grabs a solid fanbase...and I seriously think it is Sony's plan. Yes, Xbox has a golden opportunity to pick up some holiday sales....BUT...once the next wave of PS3's hit the market....the demand will be so high..ppl will have saved up so much money...that those things will sell like hot chocolate in Lambough field. Ps2>Xbox360 with Ps3 sitting on the sidelines like Jay Cutler waiting to replace the worn out Jake Plummer aka Ps2. I'm not a PS fanboy but I am just calling it as I see it. Ps3 will take over in the long run. Nintendo Wii will be popular for the kids like Gamecube..it will linger...that's about it.
    test
  2. junio sixnine

junio sixnine hasta la victoria siempre

more adults have wii than little kids. when i was in line i didnt see one kid, it was all college kids and teenagers and adults.
    test
  3. cyphamasta

cyphamasta New Member

come on. the possibilities of the Wii-mote are not endless. you make a game like MGS or Gears for the Wii without dumbing it down to use it with the Wii-mote.

Everything about the 360 and PS3 is next-gen. it's not just better graphics. take a game like Dead Rising for example. a game like that with all those zombies on screen at once without slowdown is not possible on the Wii. say what you want about HD but it's here to stay and the Wii barely supports it.

like i said, i like what Nintendo is trying to do. but i wish they didn't just basically repack the Gamecube.
    test
  4. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

wow man..

your opinions once again...are completely fucking bullshit....lol

im fucking crying at this

youve got to be kidding me....

the ps3 right now is being bashed left and right for being INFERIOR to the 360 graphicwise so far........but you have the nerve to say that the 360 is graphically equal to a ps2???

wtf?!?!?!

and then you mention MADDEN 07 on the 360 looking like the ps2 version......YET THE PS3 VERSION OF MADDEN IS INFERIOR TO THE 360 VERSION GRAPHICALLY DUE TO TEXTURE LIMITATIONS AND IT HAD MORE DEV TIME!!!.....

YO WTF ARE YOU SMOKING?!?!?!

seriously.....

have you even heard of gears of war?? have you seen ghost recon?? have you seen rainbow six vegas???

do yourself a favor and never voice your opinion in this forum again...cause everytime you do you look like a fucking blind fanboy
    test
  5. Complete Chaos

Complete Chaos I'm Drugs.

Yup, you can only do so much with a new form of controller. I know this because the system has been out for a full month and I can see the future. Same thing was said about the DS, and it's the best handheld system out. Sure PSP has better hardware, but the DS is better in every other aspect like gameplay and games for it.

I guess since you don't have 300 buttons on a controller it's limiting.

In all reality, Sony and MS should be sucking Nintendo's analog of a dick. Nintendo created the analog, then sony copies, Nintendo created the rumble then sony copies. Nintendo created the Motion, then sony copies with this cheap ass "tilt" shit.

And saying that MGS is goin to cause the 360 to die out is rediculous. Wait, ONE game can make all the other systems stagnant. Silly fanboys.
    test
  6. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

I can understand how a person named "drugs" would say something like this. Did I not just say that I am not a fanboy of any system. This forum is crazy...anytime someone likes something other than XBox 360...you get tons of people like yourself jumping down your throat like flies on rotton meat calling you a fanboy..even when you are stating the OBVIOUS. What I have said is not based on opinion...I even made an attempt to see what other people like and I am finding that(outside of this Xbox fanboy forum) most people feel the same way that I do. Liquid, please don't speak anymore....I've done my research on PS3 and the games that I have seen look CRISP visually. Drugs, nintendo built it's base around the Super Mario Bros. series...so what the hell are you really talking about? The only person saying that the PS3 is inferior graphically to the Xbox is YOU and the rest of your Xbox fanboyish clan. I have research many technology sites that have compared PS3/PS2 to Xbox 360 and the concensus is that PS3 is 2 to 3 times more powerful as a machine.....the graphics are smoother.......and when you compare the PS2 to the Xbox 360....it's basically the same. Madden sucks all around..the graphics were never that great to me. Liquid, if you had any pulse of literacy...you would have read that I compared Madden 07 on Xbox 360 to NFL 2k5 on PS2 and the graphics for that game on PS2 are killing Xbox. Dude, I played Madden 07 on 360 at best buy...the shit was complete garbage and the graphics look like something that should be on PSP or something. Not to down PSP..I own one..it's great...but for your stinking Xbox...that's fucking ridiculous. All that you can mention is Gears of War and that stupid ass zombie game Dead Rising...big fucking deal. Drugs.....The MGS series was the highlight of the playstation era really.......it propelled system sales just like Mario sold Nintendo systems...so what the hell are you speaking dude? I guarentee that one of you idiots will mention something retarded like how Xbox live shits on everything that is playstation....same revolving argument. Wait until Februrary...
    test
  7. Gorilla Nasty

Gorilla Nasty I'm lame TBH

Dude, is your fucking enter key broken???

Anyway, I'm of the beleif that graphics don't make games. Talk to me 4-5 years ago, and I'd be all over the PS3. But for right now, I don't feel some graphics will justify an extra $250. Especially considering it's a fucking "arms race" of systems, and the next best thing'll be out in like 2 years, followed by the next best thing in 2 years.

And it is funny that Platstation follows Nintendo around like that. Too bad they couldn't do the same and go get the same engine that they used in wrestling games on 64.
    test
  8. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

I don't think graphics make the game either..but..they help. Graphics add the "wow" to a game. When the graphics are nice....fluid and colorful..sometimes you have to sit back and admire that alone. Remember when NFL 2k first came out for the dreamcast? Do you remember how real that stuff looked? The game was fun too....that's why I bought NFL 2k5 for the PS2..I love that game. Gameplay, graphics..etc.....it just adds to the wow factor. The PS3 "wows" me....but I can't give a gameplay analysis yet because I have yet to get my hands on one.

Peace
    test
  9. Gorilla Nasty

Gorilla Nasty I'm lame TBH

Waht really turned me off was when I saw that Madden had the same graphics as on 360. Cause thats mostly what I play. I think the new Maddens graphics blow hard. They spent too much time improving stupid shit like the blades of grass, and excessive shading on the uniforms.
    test
  10. junio sixnine

junio sixnine hasta la victoria siempre

you're kidding, right? the xbox 1 itself was much more powerful than the ps2. if you compare the 360 with ps2, you are on crack.
    test
  11. LiQuiD6

again...your a fucking idiot....

because your whole base on the 360 looking like shit...is on madden 07....

saying that nfl 2k5 looks better....i have nfl 2k5 for xbox....which looks better then the ps2 version.....and it doesnt look better then madden 07...i dont even like madden...i think its a garbage game....

but the problem here ...is that your saying the 360 is shitty cause of the way madden 07 looks....
    YET YOU HAVE THE NERVE TO SAY THE PS3 IS MORE POWERFUL......MEANWHILE THE PS3 VERSION OF MADDEN 07 IS INFERIOR TO THE 360 VERSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

your actually trying to argue that the ps3 is 3 times more powerful then the 360....

YOU ARE WRONG!!!

that was the sony hype machine at work...you havent read shit that says otherwise...because the most respected and reliable resource released 2 weeks ago states that the 360 is actually more powerful from a gaming perspective...

ive already explained this to you in another thread...but you are the most uninformed bastard i think i have ever come across who sware they know wtf they are talking about....

the ps3 is only more powerful when it comes to dealing with bit rate streaming.....things like static video and audio....not when it comes to rendering and actual games.....
    the ps3 is better suited as a HD media server then a game machine...but your too much of an idiot to read past...."the ps3 is powerful"....

it isnt EFFICIENT in the slightest bit....it is underpowered where it matters...in Artifical intelligence it lacks because of no branch prediction on the core.....its underpowered in texture rendering because there is less video memory available to it.....and it runs at a cost of power to do anti aliasing which the 360 does with no performance hitch because of the extra 10mb of ram specifically designed just for AA on the side of the 512mb of ram which it can split towards video or cpu use in any way it is programmed to do....while the ps3 is stuck with 256 for video and 256 for the core.....
    the video card in the ps3 is based on older geforce 7900 video cards which are already outdated....
    the video card in the 360 is based on ati's FUTURE direct x 10 cards which arent even out yet.....
    the 360 is a synchronized dual thread system with 3 cores a piece running 6 threads....
    the ps3 is a 1 core system with 6 spe's dedicated to gaming...1 is cancelled out for redundancy and the last one is used only for OS....
    the Spe's arent synchronized...they have to wait for each other in line...so they cannot run in parallel like the 360....they must go 1 by 1 behind the other....
    the ps3 and 360 were supposed to be released around the same time frame....during the delay on the ps3 the cell processor and memory speed were downgraded from the original spec sheet......the cache has been made smaller and is inferior to the 360's full 1mb cache to the ps3's 512 which is shared by the 7spe's and core...

and to top it off...you keep saying the ps3 WOW's you....

YET THE WHOLE INTERNET AND GAMING WORLD SAYS THAT THE PS3 HAS NO ANSWER TO THE 360 RIGHT NOW BESIDES RESISTANCE FALL OF MAN...AND THAT GAME CANT STAND UP TO GEARS OF WAR FOR 360....SO HOW IS IT THAT AN INFERIOR GAME HAS WOW'D YOU GRAPHICALLY...YET THE BEST LOOKING GAME OF ALL TIME IS COMPLETELY IGNORED BY YOU???? EVEN IF YOU DONT LIKE THE 360 ...SAYING THAT THE PS3 HAS BETTER GRAPHICS RIGHT NOW IS A FLAT OUT LIE!!! BECAUSE NO ONE CAN SAY WITH A STRAIGHT FACE THAT ANYTHING LOOKS BETTER THEN GEARS OF WAR....

and please...stop fucking talkign about madden being garbage and actually trying to use that against the 360....lol...you keep saying that 2k5 on ps2 is better then madden 07...we all know that...thats why i have 2k5 on XBOX and i havent bought a football game since...your logic is fucking stupid....because madden 07 is on ps3...and its WORSE on ps3...so i guess that means that the ps3 is worse then the ps2...because madden 07 on ps3 is GRAPHICALLY INFERIOR TO THE 360 VERSION......

im done...get out the thread
    test
  12. LiQuiD6