here's what bothers me about the Wii, Nintendo, and their fans...

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by cyphamasta, Nov 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cyphamasta

cyphamasta New Member

i understand what Nintendo is trying to accomplish with the Wii. i'm not all for that Wii-mote controller, but i applaud Nintendo for trying to innovate.

what bothers me is, why couldn't they have done that on TRUE next gen hardware? why re-sell the Gamecube with a new controller? it just doesn't make sense to me.

and what bothers me even more is that they are selling it for $250. that's exactly like walking to your local game store and buying a Gamecube for $250. Nintendo is riping off consumers and getting away with it. and the Wii-mote just seems too gimicky for me. i'll pass and just stick with my 360 for now.

and as far as their fans go, i don't mean to hate or anything, but everyone seems to be buying the Wii just for Zelda. ONE GAME. and Nintendo always gets away with this. you get your one Zelda game, Metroid game, and Smash Bros game and their fans flock to it in massive numbers. after you get done playing Zelda: Twilight Princess, then what? you're left waiting for the next Metroid and Smash Bros. All of their launch games looks like it gets boring pretty quick after a while. Wii sports looks like it gets boring after a while, especially if you don't have a lot of people to play with.

and i honestly don't think that out dated hardware can last past 3 years in this generation.

anyone feel free to chime with your thoughts.
    test
  2. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

I dont really give a shit about it.
    test
  3. yo momma 5th

yo momma 5th New Member

I love 'gamers'. They are so blindly loyal to their respective corperation (the company always comes before the console) that they almost feel obligated to actually try to be anymore ignorant than they already are.

You can't fathom why people like platformers so much, yet you know Wii sports wont last and you know it has a small user base. You know all this whilst not having one and what? Two weeks after the jump off?

Two weeks after the 360's jump off, a quater of the consoles sold were being returned. No game showed any evidence of being next gen and to boot, most were poorly developed. MS couldn't meet demand on any of it's Launch dates and the waiting period was equally as long as the PS3's will be.

Your god console is the new home to one of the top 3 platformers of all time, in Banjo and Kazoie. You may not see why these kids buy consoles purely to play these games, but MS does. MS didn't buy Rare purely for Perfect Dark.

I find it hysterical that any group of people who deem Halo to be the 'benchmark', should question the prooven formula of 3 of the top grossing games ever. Halo's success is down to hype. Star Wars wasn't THAT good and for the love of god, nor is Halo. Mario has weathered everything and still remains potent in a modern culture that seemingly isn't happy with a game if it so much as has an 'ON-OFF' feature for the gore.

As for the console being a 'rip off'. The 360 was nearly triple the price... As far as the tecnology, I couldn't care. I don't care about HD or having 9 cores. I don't care about 9589585mhz memory with 5985985 buffer. Smaller parts to improove perfomance.

Damn, I want a console that works and a game where for once, I can run at a wall and not end up inside of it. The 360 doesn't provide that. The only reason people have calmed down about the price of the 360 is because of Sony's monumental 600 dollar cock up. The games are 50 fucking quid. Only GOW is next gen in my eyes. COD looks better, but it barely plays better. I paid 49 quid for a game that is 20 quid on the PS2 and they look the fucking same. There are but two differences. The PS2 is shit online and it doesn't crash like the 360.

My point is, the 360 aint great. I love it more than I hate it, but I'm not going to delude myself into thinking I could defend it in terms of value for money, tecnology etc against the Wii.

The Wii is next gen. Just because it don't play DVDs and do things not essential to games doesn't mean it's not up to par. It's in a different gaming market. It appeals to people who like the novelty games and people who like the foundation of Nintendo's gaming catalogue.

You think the controller is a gimmick because you don't like it? Fair enough. People said that about the thumbstick. Even after Nintendo used it with the N64. Th critics dropped dramatically when the DualShock dropped 2 years later...

I wont cop the Wii, but I like the vision Nintendo has and I like the way it sticks to making good games for it's user base and has been doing so for what? 20 years? 360 has only just adopted that ideology and even then, games are rushed and made to meet financial targets.
    test
  4. cyphamasta

cyphamasta New Member

test
  5. Gorilla Nasty

Gorilla Nasty I'm lame TBH

Is anybody offended at how the PS3 is practically trying to stronghold consumers into buying things? BluRay, HDTV, I can't believe it. I don't like it one bit.
    test
  6. yo momma 5th

yo momma 5th New Member

MS has Sony beat on the HDTV issue.

Everything is HD this HD that.
    test
  7. junio sixnine

junio sixnine hasta la victoria siempre

i think you're confused about the wii's power. its as powerful as TWO gamecubes in almost every area, and the gamecube was 200 when it came out. 250 dollars is more than a reasonable price.
    test
  8. cyphamasta

cyphamasta New Member

yea. i agree with you on that one. i don't appreciate having a new format shoved down my throat. that's why the PS3 costs so much. if they had gone with the regular DVD format, it would've been the same price as the 360.

lol. oh come on. what's with your obvious hate for MS? MS does not have Sony beat on that one. Sony is the one really stressing HD. they're always stressing 1080p this, Blu-Ray that, and HDMI this.
    test
  9. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

your smoking rocks.....

sony went far enough to say that the 360 isnt even real high definition cause it isnt 1080p...and that true next gen didnt start until the ps3 came out....its out....and everyone could have had next gen a year ago.....
    test
  10. WWIII

WWIII It has begun...

I'm having fun with my Wii. I'm happy with my 360 as well. As fo PS3, It's not worth it in my opinion so fuck em.
    test
  11. xbox360

xbox360 New Member

COD 1 on PC is way better then any COD on PS2 or xbox or gamecube or even the wii. CoD2 on PC and Xbox360 fell way better then any PS2 one. you must be slow or something if they cant see any realy diff.
    test
  12. Dominic Bones

Dominic Bones New Member

wii>>>>>ps3&360..... and they do not need all that hardware to make good games the graphics are good enough as they are now with the current gen systems imo......ive played the wii alot since it came out and every1 i kno is hooked on it people might buy it just for zelda or watever but thats normal with any system you buy the console for the killer apps....you didnt buy a ps2 for smackdown or grandia..... the wii is imo the only tru next gen system because it brings somethin totally new to gaming.....graphical power does not make games fun the gameplay makes it fun and thats where the wii wins....all the games make u feel like ur really playin somethin new and it helps u get a deeper gaming experience unlike the 360 which is basically an upgraded xbox and the ps3 tried to bring something new with the six axis controller.....you need to actually play the system before you talk about how much it bothers u
    test
  13. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Thats exactly how I feel!
    Im sick of these faggots telling us what we want, when its beneficial to them. I dont need Blueray. DVD is not that old a format, I dont even think its that fucking bad. I mean, really....HOW CLEAR DOES A PICTURE HAVE TO FUCKING BE, BEFORE WE CAN BE HAPPY? Shit is ridiculous.
    test
  14. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Its HD ready. Its not exactly shoved down your throat, its for you to decide.
    test
  15. yo momma 5th

yo momma 5th New Member

Wait, so because they didn't supply a HD DVD drive, doesn't mean they were pushing HD?

When the 360 launched here, it was impossible to find an advert without that Samsung HD TV.

Now every advert is talking about HD games. ''With now over # HD games!''

Every magazine wont shut up about HD.

The HD drive and how it compares to Sony is EVERYWHERE.

Fanboys are obsessed with HD and not to mention the publicity behind this new HD DVD thing.

Just because their marketing ploy is that the DVD drive is a 'choice', doesn't mean they aren't pushing HD. They are.

I'm not bother. I'm not 'hating' and I think the fact they missed out putting in a HD drive is good. Because I simply don't care about DVDs.

I'm not bashing MS, I have a fucking 360 and I wont be buying anything else.

I'm just being realistic. MS is hella pushing HD.

There is no two ways about it. HD has some how become a staple in next gen consoles. MS are as concerned about sales as the next man.
    test
  16. Gorilla Nasty

Gorilla Nasty I'm lame TBH

I know. I'm still replacing a lot of my VHS's with DVD's. If you're rich or well off, you'll have no problems with the PS3 and their prices. Sorry we can't all be though.

I'm just tired of sacrificing graphics for gameplay. That's mistakes I used to make as a kid. Now as an adult, with responsibilities, I don't exactly have money to burn like that. I just think that in my situation, as well as most adults, the Wii is the best option.
    test
  17. yo momma 5th

yo momma 5th New Member

I welcome it.

That means we get DVD's even cheaper.
    test
  18. cyphamasta

cyphamasta New Member

i see what you're saying, but they are NOT pushing HD anywhere near the way Sony is doing it. they're not shoving it down your throats. the reason every 360 game was shown on Samsung HDTV's when it first came out was to demonstrate how powerful the 360 was. MS didn't create the HD-DVD format, Toshiba did. MS only created the HD-DVD drive just to shut Sony up with their Blu-ray talk. and it's ONLY to play movies. NOT games. so how are they really pushing HD more than Sony. you don't even see any advertisements for the HD-DVD drive. if you didn't regularly visit your local game store (EB, Gamestop, etc) you wouldn't even know it was out.

NO ONE is pushing HD more than Sony.

and back to the topic at hand, do anybody really think the Wii is worth $250? that to me is more of a rip off than the PS3 being 600. actually, the PS3 isn't a rip off considering what it comes with and what it can do. it's just too damn expensive.

and when you think about it, if you were to play Wii games with the classic controller, then you basically have a $250 Gamecube.
    test
  19. cyphamasta

cyphamasta New Member

DVD's honestly isn't going anywhere. DVD's and HD-DVD's are just going to co-exist. so you have an option depending on what kind of TV you have.

and let's be real here. Blu-ray isn't going to survive. shit, the average clueless customer who owns an HDTV is going to walk into their local electronics store and hear about this new format. once they hear HD-DVD, they automatically know exactly what it is. once you hear Blu-ray it's like "huh"? they're not going to see a difference and go with HD-DVD.
    test
  20. Complete Chaos

Complete Chaos I'm Drugs.

Nintendo is innovative. You say they only have Zelda, Mario, Metroid, etc.

But look at the wii-mote and what it brings to the table. FPS will finally be exciting again instead of the same shit. The possibilities are endless, this is the ONLY next gen system, the rest is just better graphics(Jerk me off about that, I really wanna see better pixels and have shitty gameplay and it not work half the time)

Most people that are against the Wii are the PS3 and 360 fanboys who are too out of shape to play it.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.