Here's another one bitches: Michigan Wolverines =

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by Ethan Albright, Jul 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ethan Albright

Ethan Albright New Member

2007 NCAA champs. Mike Hart wins Heisman.

Hey. Fuck you.
    test
  2. MC propaganda

MC propaganda Well-Known Member

test
  3. McCizoy

McCizoy Retired

test
  4. SeeSon

SeeSon New Member

I don't know if you follow recruiting at all, but I would be very shocked to see a Big Ten team win a national title in the near future. The recruiting is not on par with the SEC and Big 12. I love Big Ten football, but after watching Ohio State get completely outclassed, when they were one of the best Big Ten teams I had seen in my lifetime, that just confirmed that the conference is lacking in terms of recruiting.
    test
  5. McCizoy

McCizoy Retired

It's just different styles really when it comes to recruitiing. The Big 10 schools for the most part get those hard-nose smashmouth kids from the midwest while the SEC schools are getting the athletes from the Deep South (Florida, Georgia, Louisiana). And then of course when they meet you see the end result (last year's NCAA title game)

Oh and if I were putting money on who will win the title at this very moment I'd go with USC. They have 3rd and 4th string skill positioin guys who would be stars at some of these other big schools if they didn't end up at USC. Plus they got John David Booty.
    test
  6. Ethan Albright

Well, the SEC usually goes for all solid players...no stars...but guys that play hard.

While the Big 10 types go for stars.

The SEC is fucking ass and they bore the shit out of me. They rarely have great talents, just solid ones. I don't hate the SEC, but they're the most over rated conference in football due to that bullshit "they beat each other up" logic....no. They're just all equally mediocre. Ohio State should've had a cake walk in the champ game. All they had to do was show up.....once Ginn was hurt, the game was over.

Florida got lucky. Nobody gave them a chance, including Ohio State. They slept, they lost. Same way USC lost to Texas. It happens...but underdogs are underdogs for a reason, and there wont be some lucky champion every season.
    test
  7. Fatal is back

Fatal is back New Member

omg i actually agree with you. Same thing happened when osu beat miami a few years ago. they were a much better team but they slept on us and we won. Ohio state was the most dominate team i saw all last year period.

Michigan will blast us into oblivion this year tho.

I got darren mcfadden winnin the heisman tho
    test
  8. SeeSon

SeeSon New Member

I grew up in Big Ten country, went to undergrad in ACC country, and the reality is that Big Ten football (in its current version) cannot compete with the schools in TX, FL, Va, and CA. The speed difference is astounding. I told people all year that I thought Tressel was an idiot for running that spread option. It is impossible to compete with a system that is designed to utilize speed and getting your skilled players to the edges with slower players. If a Big Ten team is going to win a national title ever again, it is going to be a team that plays Big Ten smash mouth football. The main advantage that the Big Ten used to enjoy over the teams from other conferences were size and strength. When you negate that advantage by using a spread option offense you are going to get owned, and you are dumb as hell. I think that this season the national champions will be USC, unless Rich Rodriguez can pull a miracle off.
    test
  9. Biggedawgg

Biggedawgg fuck mexico

LOL They'll be lucky to finish first in the conference
    test
  10. McCizoy

McCizoy Retired

Normally I would say I can't believe people still aren't convinced the SEC isn't the best conference, but it's Rippy saying it so yeah. And I was all over this board predicting Florida would rock Ohio State to sleep weeks before the game.

You don't lose a game 41-14 when you're the better team. It just doesn't happen, the excuses don't work.
    test
  11. Biggedawgg

Biggedawgg fuck mexico

I love Big Ten vs. Big Ten games
    test
  12. Final Chapta

Final Chapta End of Story

someone from the pac 's gonna take it this year.

: x
    test
  13. Fatal is back

Fatal is back New Member

once ginn got hurt we got blasted. troy smith played like shit and our coaches are morons. florida only scored once in the 2nd half. Florida wasn't the best team in its conference and they wasn't better than osu
    test
  14. McCizoy

McCizoy Retired

So what you're saying is after the first play of the game Ohio State got blasted. Umm yeah no shit they lost by 27 points.

Yeah Florida's defense shut down Troy Smith and Jim Tressel got outcoached by Urban Meyer. Doesn't that make Florida the better team?

Ask any unbiased neutral fan and they'll surely tell you Florida let off the brakes during the 2nd half after they already had a HUGE lead. And yeah Florida did only score once in the 2nd half...how many times did Ohio State score in the 2nd half? Oh yeah that's right they didn't score at all in the 2nd half.

Who was then? And before you answer keep in mind Florida beat LSU AND Arkansas.

Like I said when you lose 41-14 you're not the better team. Ted Ginn wasn't going to stop Florida from putting up 41 points. Not to mention the supposed best team should be able to overcome an injury to a WR, no matter how great he is. If it was Troy Smith, the QB and leader of the team who was hurt you may have a point but please enough with the excuses. Fans these days are unbeliveable with the excuses they pour out when their team takes an L, instead of just accepting they got beat.
    test
  15. Ethan Albright

Ohio State was shocked and Florida rode the momentum.

Florida wasn't even worthy of being in that game.
    test
  16. McCizoy

McCizoy Retired

...was shocked that Florida was lightyears better than them. I agree with you there, sir.
    test
  17. psunit

psunit Hail to the Lions

I hate Michigan, only for the fact they own Penn State in football. I would love to finally get a chance to see PSU win a game against the Wolverines. It has been like at least a decade since that has happened. Two years ago, they were really close and gave it up with one second left. That killed me haha.
    test
  18. Final Chapta

Final Chapta End of Story

arizona state , bitches.
    test
  19. Ethan Albright

Uh. Yeah....that's why nobody gave Florida a chance to win the game.

Fuck, I didn't even watch it because everyone ignored it thinking OSU had a cake walk.

Shit happens. The shit just so happened to be florida.
    test
  20. psunit

psunit Hail to the Lions

You going to any Michigan games, Ethan?
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.