[Heres a riddle] Why did Abel raise sheep

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by TheBigPayback, Sep 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

If people didnt start eating animals until noah and his family were told which were clean and unclean
    test
  2. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

whaaaat?

sunday school riddles dude? how much more nerdy can you get, just tell us the answer nobody wants to play bible riddles jeez....
    test
  3. JASON ANTHONY

JASON ANTHONY White Devil

probably wool
    test
  4. MissAndrya

MissAndrya Evolution is what is.

test
  5. SKY

SKY See & Know 4 Yourself

You went through all of that searching and selecting pictures to make fun of this post, yet you are not intelligent enough to answer or even search for the answer? Yes, you are very disturbed and spiritually tarnished.

Yes, the laws must've been given to Adam... along with his language, name, etc. There's no doubt that there are books missing from the Tenakh that explain these things in greater detail. In fact, a covenant was made with Adam that he and his descendants would be brought back into the Garden. That same covenant has been passed down through the Israelites, which sheds more light on the "Promised Land".

So the covenant was passed to a specific seed of Adam, based on their righteousness. However the laws were known to man, otherwise there would be no way to say people were wicked and Noah was righteous. According to what?

Had to be according to the laws in effect. So man in general had the laws, but a specific seed had the covenant, because they stayed righteous and "hearkened to the voice of the LORD thy GOD".

Genesis.6.5 And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

Genesis.6.8 But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD.

Genesis.6.9 These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God.

Sort of went down like Abel, he found grace in the LORD because his offering was according to the law. Yet Cains offering was his own, according to his own way. Which is wicked.
    test
  6. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

no she just obviously doesnt give a shit about it. Thats all. Quit making assumptions and pre-judgements. They hinder your social development.
    test
  7. SKY

SKY See & Know 4 Yourself

It is not an assumption, and obviously she does give a shit because she took the time to do all of that and still responded. She must care one way or the other. If she didn't, she wouldn't have responded.

She is obviously morally damaged if she feels the need to go out her way to insult someone, or make fun of something she "doesn't care" about. That is pure wickedness. Your defending her says a lot about your "social development" and character.
    test
  8. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

its just how this forum goes. We have two extreme sides with a few inbetweeners
    test
  9. MissAndrya

I didn't have to look for them, I've used them before for a different topic. They were just....inappropriately appropriate? Funny, is what I call it.

My 'spirituality' is mine, and as I see it...untarnished by the bullshit of religion. As for an answer, I just avoided it. Sometimes the smartest thing to do is not say anything ;)

Of course, that's MY opinion, one I'm entitled to, just as you are yours.
    test
  10. JASON ANTHONY

So... the answer is wool, right?
    test
  11. MissAndrya

Yep, right over their eyes.
    test
  12. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

:funny: :dead: :cry: :funny:

MissAndrya >>>

Sanctuary, or should I say, certain posters made me realize that spirituality is indeed like happiness.

People who possess it, rarely if ever mention it. Those who not only don't have it, also don't even have the slightest clue as to what exactly to do with it, have this weird need to force it in every sentence. With a great deal of enthusiasm and frequently in an aggressive manner, where they feel the need to inflict some sort of teaching lesson about it to anyone in their immediate proximity and other surroundings.
    test
  13. MissAndrya

As soon as I spread some around, Gal, consider yourself repped.
    test
  14. KRich662

KRich662 Well-Known Member

Jesus was a zombie
    test
  15. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

:funny:, I'm on a drive-by rep mission myself...
    test
  16. TheBigPayback

Incorrect.

God did not give adam that info. and none of the subsequent generations ate meat until God told them what was clean or unclean.

The last part is correct.
    test
  17. TheBigPayback

[Answer] Abel raised sheep for one reason. his whole work life hinged on one thing.

He raised sheep specificly for offering. For sacrifice. So when cain gave of " his sweat of the land" it didnt mean as much because he gained materially from his work. Abels sacrifice was selfless in nature. Which is why God esteemed his offering over cains. God and the relationship with God was the priority to Abel he worked to continue that relationship.
    Abel had no benefit in and of himself. he wholly relied on God.

thats why it pissed off satan(so he enraged cain with envy to kill abel) thats why it pissed off cain(not understanding the difference of offerings) And thats why it pleased God.

* Extra tidbit- notice from that point thr communion with God in the relationship with people became more and more seperated. Cain killed the key to close that seperation gap between Gods commune with man.

Amazing.
    test
  18. JASON ANTHONY

So wool had nothing to do with it?
    test
  19. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

Nah JA.....I think you wrong.....the answer is definitely wool.
    test
  20. reggie jax

reggie jax Well-Known Member

i think that god just likes blood. this to me seems a better explanation when you take into account all of the blood sacrifices throughout the bible.

after noah was told he was allowed to eat meat, and there was a good material reason to herd sheep, god still seemed to prefer animal sacrifices.

this theme of blood sacrifice was cemented in the old testament and in a way continues into the new testament with the blood of christ being the cost of atonement for man's sins.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.