Help!!!Pro tools m powered...im havig problems recording!!!

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by OPTIMOS-PRIME, Jan 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OPTIMOS-PRIME

OPTIMOS-PRIME One of rapmusic's finest

Its been a while since i delt with a recording program but i got the new pro tools and i caint seem to figure out how to record my vocals. i can import a beat but when i import a new tracc nothing comes up when i try to record. i can activate the record button on the tracc but i caint get the vocals 2 show up....im sure its something minor but i need to figure out what im doing wrong.

Questions thats already answered
    Yes the mic is hooked up
    Yes the headphones hooked up
    Its an official version str8 from the store and it is compatible with my computer
    So now What?

Fucc wit me!
    test
  2. Stash

Stash R.I.P Point Game

Are you sure nothing is wrong with your hard-ware? try with other software. Did you check your inputs in protools? and if they are correct, did you check your whole input setup through protools (Setup - I/O)

confirm those first
    test
  3. OPTIMOS-PRIME

OPTIMOS-PRIME One of rapmusic's finest

I appreciate the response brah....I used to record with cool edit and it doesent seam to be to much more complicated then that.....Its crazy brah i know for a fact that the hardware is str8....The mic lights up and i can hear myself threw the headphones when im spitten into the mic but idk what the hell is going on...far as the inputs go im not sure of how to check them but it seams alright because like i said i can hear everything and when i speak into the mic i see the levels jumpin but nothing is recording...i think its somethin so minor that we overlookin it...another thing i cant seam to get the play stop fast forward etc. menu bacc on the top of the program idk what i did...and i also cant seam to get the tempo to stop tickin while im tryna record...

IDK WTF is goin on but i need some help....bcuz im tryna get bacc to rapmusic and make some noise i just need yall to help me...

Holla Bacc
    test
  4. Drschmalzy

Drschmalzy Active Member

it sounds like you aren't recording...

ur inputs set to 1-2(whereever ur mic is connected),
    you arm the track,
    you record(pressin command and spacebar if u have mac)

its real simple and as far as the ticking? thats called the click track there's a button to click you can take that right off... I suggest you read the manual and shit with protools cuz if you using cool edit you aint gonna have a clue what to do with protools...

i don't see the problem enless ur not hittng record and ur just playing the track instead of recording... idk should work
    test
  5. FlameSpitta

FlameSpitta New Member

you might need to set up your bus. I dont have pro tools any more so I cant explain how, but when I first switched from cool edit to pro tools that was the first problem I had until I set up the bus for each track to record.
    test
  6. Money's Worth

Money's Worth 202 All Day

after you insert the track, go to the track and select what channel your mic is plugged into, arm that track to record then record
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.