HELP PLEASE. What Equipment DO Ya Use To Make Beats??

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by Impunity, Oct 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Impunity

Impunity New Member

Im trying learn how to make beats. I Was just wondering if you guys could help me out with what equipment I should get, and what would I need. Thanks.
    test
  2. knowmad

knowmad New Member

half a cup of gino
    test
  3. Sleezy

Sleezy milfhinter.com

2 sporks aluminum an a couple coconuts..empty of course:)
    test
  4. React360

React360 I Eat Breffis.

A bat to your head.....
    test
  5. Sahtyrickal

Sahtyrickal New Member

that sux ya'll wont help em out lol...if ur gettin a pc program...reason is ill as fucc...fruityloops is ill too, or so i've heard
    test
  6. Impunity

Impunity New Member

How about a gun in yo head biatch
    test
  7. AgentofKarma

AgentofKarma New Member

ok...heres the skippy

dont use fruity loops. if you have to use a comp. program use reason...but all you really need to make beats is a basic drum sequencing program, a mixer, one turntable, and protools...
    the best thing to do is chop samples from old, classic, or obscure records, i like using jazz, blues, soul, motown records...

get protools....thats my #1 piece of advice to you, its easy to learn with patience and practice...dig in the crates, listen to records, find the parts of the record you like, isolate the "wave" on protools, chop it up, layer more samples and waves, sequence the drums, and maybe with thime youll produce something listenable.....save ur pennies shit ain't cheap....im still fiendin for an MPC3000 and an SP1200
    test
  8. phillipdrummond

phillipdrummond get at me for footage

I completely disagree. I use fruityloops 4.0 is sick, 4.12 is even sicker, cooledit pro and acid 3.0. I took a pro-tools course for year, it's simply not geared towards making loop based music, and using fruityloops or acid is much more powerful for hip hop and rapid. fruityloops is superior to reason in my opinoin because you can see up to 32 or even 64 beats at one time, whereas on reason you have to go 16 beats at a time. The piano roll in fruityloops is sick, to and easier to make drum rolls in than reason.
    if you think fruityloops is wack, you're just ignorant, the new fruityloops is more powerful and better than most hardware out there. period. I dig for vinyl and make my shit on the aforementioned program, but to really prove that FL is sick just peep equalibrum's beats, he has some of the best drum programming and most complicated, melodic and best sampled beats out there:
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/9/equalibrummusic.htm
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/6/equalibeats4salemusic.htm
    and like necro said, it's not the equipment you're using, but the brain behind it...
    test
  9. phillipdrummond

test
  10. The Butcher

The Butcher New Member

This is (Kail aka) DJ Hannjahb and I'm just letting you know that a real "producer" can make a hit with spoons and dental floss. That's why I use Fruity Loops 4.0. Haha! Seriously, that program is very dope and not hard to learn, but you just have to have the chops to hear decent music and recognize tight sounds. Alot of people can't do that and then they blame it on the program like the fucking program made them anti-rhythmic. Fuck that, all programs can be freaked if you have musical know-how, which is this best piece of equiptment money can't buy. If you have 4.0 and the Microsoft sound recorder (plus a beat man's hearing for hot shit) you can ear fuck the world nice and hard. Oh, and jack everything you use-jack sampling albums, jack 4.0, jack the discs to burn it on, hell, you can even jack the Jack Daniel's you sip while you make the beats. You will be able to hear DJ Hannjahb's assorted tracks on NoCanDo's "DID", Kail's "Real Horror Show", AOK's "Rob the Richman", the Customer Service "Lunch Break", J-Roz's LP, Sahtyrickal's EP, Project "Killa Cali", 60 Cycle Humm and DJ Hannjahb present "Booze and Bougie Broads", and much much more... Oh yeah, don't forget to JACK EVERYTHING!
    test
  11. React360

React360 I Eat Breffis.

Dont use any of the sounds that it comes with PLEASE!
    test
  12. phillipdrummond

some of the new bass sounds and hip hop/real drum kits are alright but I sample and chop all my drums...
    test
  13. Yaloss

Yaloss BOOYAHKAH

i suggest the hardware route...but hey thats me

the old school primo (pre mpc 60) and diamond d (to this day)
    setup was the akai 950(12 bit sampler) (250 or less ebay)
    sequenced by a alesis hr 16(12 bit drum machine...under 100
    bucks ebay)...took em very far

i ain't gonna start no hardware vs software wars cuz those are gay
    and sides usually consist of uneducated folk...but anyways

u can always tell when someone made something on fruity
    i'm not knockin it cuz its powerful shit...but most don't use it right
    and don't accompany it w/ proper programs to use it to its full
    potential

but fuck if ur on a budget thas the way to go FRUITY ALL THE WAY

and cool edit that shit down all free...if ur resourceful and
    dishonest, relatively cheap if u are honest
    test
  14. Impunity

Impunity New Member

Good lookin out ya. And Philipdurrmond I listened to some of your shit, Pretty dope.
    test
  15. phillipdrummond

no you can't always tell if someone made it on fruity. hardware sequencers are computers, fruity is a sequencer interface on a computer into which you can input midi data triggering samples.

tell me which of the following beats were made on an asr-10, which on an mpc and which on fruityloops:
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/9/equalibrummusic.htm

test
  16. Sahtyrickal

Sahtyrickal New Member

i really cant say too much cuz the only program i really kno is reason...but what i can say is that the shit is very dope...its like sumone said above...its not what u have, its how u use it...cuz i kno ppl that succ dicc on reason, and ones that r jus as horrible on fruity loops...then i kno ppl that r ill on either program...so my advice is this...

get either a pc program or a machine or whateva...and sticc to that shit and master it...if ur ill, the beats will b, if not, all the programs in the world cant save u
    test
  17. sixty cycle hum

sixty cycle hum short arms, deep pockets

personally i think if someone is ill enough, you cant tell if it was made with software or hardware. one example phillip used was equilibrum, which i agree, i couldnt tell what he used because hes sick with it. i personally think if you use any of the sounds that come with FL, you can totally tell it was made in FL. most cats do just that, so it gives FL a sort of shitty rep. mac lethal uses fruity loops and his shit is ill. basically what necro said, its not the equipment, its the producer. blah.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.