Help Im an Ectomorph.

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by OutLaw613, May 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OutLaw613

OutLaw613 Well-Known Member

Hey everyone,

So I reccently got a new membership at my gym and im lookin to go regularly again. Ive got a lil more then biggeners knowledge when it comes to lifting so i need some help.

In highschool I worked out all the time seen gains in my strength but never really size. Im 6,1 and been a buck 50 for years, Im cut like a mother fucker like when i get on a bmi scale it says error no joke im defined very athletic.

Anyway Im looking to gain size and im a hard gainer. I have much more free time these days with school being finished and all to focus on my diet. I been keeping my nutriton in check these days and eating pretty big. I know ill need to be eating 5 or 6 meals a day keeping hydrated eating lots of protien, fish, olive oil. I also got myself a weight gainer called allmax quick mass.

So lets get to the point routine routine routine...

I know isolation excercises are pretty much out the window when it comes to me wanting to gain so I found a couple routines I was wondering what some of you thought, or if you have any suggestions on what to keep or scrap in my routine.

Here are the 2 I have been looking at what you think?

Choice #1

Push A/ Monday.

Bench press
    Military press
    close grip bench
    Squats
    seated calf raises.

Pull A/ Tuesday.

Bent over row
    Lat pulldown
    Db Shrug
    Db Curl
    Stiff legg dead lift.

Push B/ Thursday

Incline db press
    Db shoulder press
    Skull crusher
    Leg press
    Lef press calf raise

Pull B/ Friday

Deadlift
    pullup
    Barbell shrug
    Barbell curl
    lying leg curl

3 sets, 4-8 reps for everything.

Choice #2

Doug's Mass Building Routine for Ectomorphs | Muscle & Strength

What you guys think?
    test
  2. Gwame

Gwame no luckycharms in ireland

I'm an "ectomorph" too so I get what you mean. I think the best advice is probably that mass follows strength, so focus on upping your max weight on heavy lifts like bench, squat, rows, press, deadlift, etc... and mass should follow. Keep record of strength gains.
    test
  3. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

pretty much^

just keep to low reps, heavy weights, and i don't know what that mass builder doug guys is talkin about low glycemic foods for though. maybe you guys are different, but generally for weight gain i would say high glycemic foods as carb loading.
    test
  4. OutLaw613

OutLaw613 Well-Known Member

I hate being one lol id rather work off fat then try and make magic happen haha.. id love to sit at 180 thats my long term goal

Yeah I got a notebook to keep track, I used to even write down my general mood before and after work out.

Thx man.

Yeah I think it may have something to do with how fast we burn calories, 100's jus sleeping lol. maby the higher glycemic foods help stimulate metabolism i dunno much bout this stuff.

Ima try that routine for a bit and see how things go thx.
    test
  5. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

brown rice, sweet potatoes, whole grain, nuts, etc. etc. all metabolize over time and end up burning more calories than you get when eating them. high glycemic, starchy foods are used instantly and if not, end up being stored. that's why people gain tons of weight eating the shitty cheap starchy foods.

carb loading is really the best way to gain weight. sure, there'll be fat gain, but the lifting will even it out.
    test
  6. Noncentz

Noncentz Sieg Heil, M'fer!

Creatine will help as well. No need for anything fancy just regular monohydrate. Make sure to keep your water intake high though. I keep it at about 1.5 2 gallons a day if I'm taking 5g's a day of Creatine.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.