Help "Baby Vernoica"

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by Melungeon, Jul 23, 2013.

1. Melungeon

Melungeon New Member

we petition the obama administration to:

Honor the Indian Child Welfare Act of 1978 and give "Baby Veronica" (A Cherokee tribal citizen) back to her tribe.

Dusten Brown a Iraq Veteran and member of the Federally recognized Cherokee nation (which suffered at Trail of tears) had his daughter taken from him by the state of South Carolina after the child's tribe gave Dustin's family joint custody. The state of S.C is refusing to honor the Federal law which covers inter state matters which is covered in the United states' constitution. Google "Baby Veronica" and then sign this petition to make the State of South Carolina HONOR the treaties and Federal laws put in place to protect those that suffered on the Trail of Tears. Indian Child Welfare Act of 1978 (ICWA) Federal law that governs jurisdiction over the removal of Native American (Indian) children from their families.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pe...erokee-tribal-citizen-back-her-tribe/K0fp6ZmY
    test
  2. Melungeon

Melungeon New Member

test
  3. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Not sure what's it got to do with the Sanctuary's religious discussions tho..

Best of luck with the petition tho..
    test
  4. Melungeon

Melungeon New Member

Only federally recognized native americans can practice native american religion. If a native american child is removed from the tribe she or he will lose ability to practice their religion.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  5. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Ty for the explanation.
    test
  6. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

white man always fuckin with the natives

how do you lose the ability to practice your religion ? cant you just do it anyways? like right now, i can pretend to be a jewish person and do some shit they do and nobody is stopping me. Or i can pretend to be a muslim. Nobody is stopping me. So im not understanding how someone cant practice their religion? just do it.
    test
  7. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

How is this thread still here.
    Word. how is this thread still here
    test
  8. reggie jax

reggie jax Well-Known Member

googled... i have to say i think i side with the adoptive parents on this one.

http://www.npr.org/2013/07/24/205224853/s-c-court-orders-baby-veronica-adoption-finalized

he renounced his parental rights. doesn't sound like the father really has the child's best interests in mind here.
    test
  9. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Someone's reading is on selective cherry-picking autopilot again. :/
    test