Height, Weight, Bench Press, Squat. Goal?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by LikeWise3001, Mar 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

I stick to upper body one day, lower body the next day, or else full body every other day. I don't even bother with split training. But that's just me.
    test
  2. Snow Turd

Snow Turd New Member

P-Haze, I bench 315.

You bench 225.

Try again.
    test
  3. Purple Haze

Purple Haze pop warner hof

Thats not my max, try again.
    Besides, you weight about 50 pounds more than me and been working out for 4 years?

Thats fucking pitiful, i could be benching 315 by the end of this ganrunteed if i wanted to.
    With you size and experience you should be benching like 450, don't you ever try to discredited me or my knowledge, ever.
    test
  4. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

ya the reason people split train is for body building and to max your bench and max squat etc.

full traning is to keep in shape and fit the military workout they call them....

I am trying split training now to look good I am no longer fighting and ill tell you the training for a fight is the worst thing! full body workouts basically to work your muscle endurance and stamina...your still strong but not powerlifter strong just functionally strong.

I like doing the full bod routine but you have higher chances of getting injured...circuit training is difficult to do all in one workout cause some muscles heal faster then others! the back takes longer to heal then the arms and so forth.

Split training allows for maximal muscle development.

but if you are intersted in having stamina, endurance stick to full bodys but dont overblow them to failure.

my full body circuit routine was 5 reps each excersize and i would do as many different excercises within 20 minutes.

like 5 pullups, then 5 dips, then 5 knee raises, then 5 push ups, then 5 squats thats 1 set, then repeat 5 for 5 as many as you can do in 20 minutes you can rest if you feel the need but dont push your self if your out of breath pretty soon you will have faster recovery and better stamina.
    ^ they call that the fighters workout at my old gym.
    test
  5. Purple Haze

I don't know man, read what dude was saying about compound lifts, the most effective lift IMO.. it works numerous muscles so its going be hard to insert those in your regime if your doing splits.

I also think 5-7 days of restfor a muscle is too much, thats just catabolic.

For a noob, splits are good but an advanced dude? not really.
    test
  6. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

ya military style shit.....those compound and circuit training stuff is good!

but thats like you said for advance people...

see split traning is what body builders do, because they want shape and size on their muscle so what they do is work the shit out of a certain muscle group till failure...and during that rest period the muscles grow muscles dont grow when you work out they only grow when nutrients and rest are given.
    test
  7. Snow Turd

Snow Turd New Member

That's hilarious.

'I could be benching 315'

Yeah, you 'could' also kill me.

[funny]

This type of lil' faggot who talks shit but doesn't do shit, suburbia lil' queer.
    test
  8. Snow Turd

Snow Turd New Member

[funny] @ P-Haze's dumbass sayin splits are for noobs.

Fat fuck gorillas I know who bench above 400 do splits.

Shut yo young ass mouth up dog.

You're a fake and an imposter, you try to act like you know what you talkin about but yo udon't.
    test
  9. Purple Haze

test
  10. Snow Turd

Snow Turd New Member

Ok yo, to be real real for this shit.

I read a few parts of that bitch.

And I have one question.

If splits are for basic learning weight lifters.

How come before I started doing splits my back and biceps (last 2 muscles I worked) did not grow in weight.

It's because I didn't have enough protein to last 2.5 hours of lifting.

Protein runs out and it's like lifting on an empty stomach for 2 and a half hours.

I was told this by a personal trainer too, that's why I stopped doin all my upper body muscles daily (mon. wed. fri.)
    test
  11. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

ya I really dont see how your muscles can grow either without the proper rest...i think 99 percent of body builders do split training and they only train abs 2 to 3 times a week.

muscles dont get big unless they are fed and rested...full body workouts are usually for guys who want to stay slim or are making weight for a wrestling or boxing match...

all I know is when I did full body workouts some of my muscles dont get worked as good....Splittng them up helps you target for example your biceps and chest and back so you can really work them hard...tot he point of failure.

[​IMG]
    ^split training and rest with proper diet and a bit of roids

below
    if you do full body you tend to look like this...its more for endurance depending on how much weight you use..you stay slim

Below is the physique of people who do almost cardio type full body workouts 3 days a week..again depending on how much weight you lift...but doing full body intense workouts 3 days a week leave you with a higher level of injury.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    test
  12. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

lol@the old man pic, wtf???
    test
  13. Purple Haze

I wonder how people have Ronnie Coleman genes..
    test
  14. Ben Official

Ben Official Active Member

I'm 5'8"
    Weigh 130
    Bench 140-150 depending on my energy that day, 3 sets of 12 reps
    I dont max out, probly max around 170

Been lifting for 6 months

Goal weight is 140, Benching a little over 200

I saw some shit on tv of this little kid that benches 3 times his body weight. Makes me feel weak. Then again some of you bigger motherfuckers in here benching less than me evens it out.
    test
  15. style-rip

style-rip Lakers>Clippers

imo, if u work out your chest, u should also work out your triceps, especially if u wana maintain working out each body part once a week, or else u'll be working out your triceps twice a week. yes, u wont be able to work the tri's out as much, but thats because u already gave em a workout during bench pressing. if u work out tri's on a diff day, u'll be developing your body unevenly because your bi's will be once a week (biceps are barely used in bench press so i dont count that as a workout).

im not saying 'omg, its wrong. u have to work em out on the same day.' naa, not at all. im sure different people get different results from different exercise combinations, but it makes sense that if u are working out a certain part of your body, that u work it to failure.. and if u work out your tri's half-way, thats not goin to do you much benefit

i know a lot of body builders do bi's and tri's on the same day, like that Grant dude, and i do that sometimes as well when i wana mix my routine to avoid a plateau, so.. basically.. no one is wrong. just try diff routines for a couple months and see which ones work best for u, since every person's body responds differently
    test
  16. Snow Turd

Snow Turd New Member

[funny] @ Ben callin people pussy when he reps 140, that shit is so pussy dog.
    test
  17. Ben Official

yea it is, i wasnt callin nobody pussy lol whered you read that?

was i just imagining there being people bigger than me lifting less in this thread? i thought i saw a few

maybe i just made it up as my ego using defense mechanisms to not get too damaged by my pussyness

i weigh 130 dog lay off
    test
  18. Ben Official

plus i dont max
    test
  19. Snow Turd

Snow Turd New Member

You stupid fuck, why'd you neg rep me for sayin that.

You catchin feelings homes?
    test
  20. Purple Haze

Says the person who has negged me 3 times this month already.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.