Height, Weight, Bench Press, Squat. Goal?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by LikeWise3001, Mar 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LikeWise3001

LikeWise3001 I crush alot

hahahha

stop being so sensitive. it's jokes. but whatever. i made the thread.... obviously, i made it cause i give a shit about who's in this forum..... why else would the last question be there...

at least you can bench your own weight..... i wouldnt have made fun of you....

you put on 24lbs and added 55lbs to your bench in 2 months? whats your secret. seriously. what supplements do you use.

be honest. if you're a user, its ok..... no wait, you cant be cause that would mean you would also be strong.

jp
    test
  2. Purple Haze

Purple Haze pop warner hof

I would post mine but i'm not the one to brag.. I mean, don't get me wrong it's nothing special, but I'm the second comig of God to most of you.
    test
  3. Snow Turd

Snow Turd New Member

Vish is lyin. He can do more than 135.
    test
  4. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

Well I never went for max bench when I started lifting, so I'm just going from what I usually would bench with at the beginning compared to what I can now.

But yes, I put on 24 pounds.

edit: And I wasn't being sensitive, I don't care if people crack jokes at me or whatever because I'm quite apathetic to peoples' opinions. I just think it's corny to talk shit on people trying to improve themselves, you only discourage people from posting their info and maybe getting the help or advice they need. And that sucks.
    test
  5. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

lol.

Naw go ahead Haze, post it up. I don't mind feeling weak.
    test
  6. Snow Turd

Snow Turd New Member

Haze is a pussy.

He can only bench around 245.
    test
  7. Purple Haze

I don't max out, stats is just the most i have done not the most I could do.

Height: 6 foot and a 1/2.

Weight: 173. (yeah im thin as hell)

How much you bench?: 225 x 7. (no straps, belts, chalk, etc)
    If you squat, how much? 295 x 5. (no straps, belts, chalk, etc)
    How much you deadlift? 325 x 5. (no straps, belts, chalk, etc)

How long you been lifting weights?
    Summer 2005, but I lifted weights before that sporadically.

What's your overall goal? what are you trying to accomplish?

Overall goal is to get to a lean 200+ weight but right now I'm working alot on my enudrance (running and calisthenics) so I have shedded a couple pounds and lost a little bit of strenght although I can still do 225, 295, and 325 respectively in the big three.. anytime I please.

I'm not too worried about strengthen right because like DMX said, "I can go away for a minute, do some other shit, but bounce right back." so I plan on hitting the weights hard after I feel my cardio/endurance game is up there. So my goal is to have a complete physical balance.

PS: I know my lifts suck ass, I have a long ways to go.
    test
  8. LikeWise3001

for your weight, you got respectable stats.

better then mine in the squat and deadlift....

im still focusing on getting those two lifts 100% correct but, i know i can lift more then I do on those two lifts. I may try more either this week or next week.... i need someone to stand behind me on heavy squats even when im in the rack because i just dont feel safe enough...so, gotta wait till i see some heads in the gym i trust and who knows what they are doing...

I dont use belts or straps or chalk either.... it's the only way to lift....unless you powerlift...

my cardio game is weeeaaaak.... but that will change as soon as i do any type of cardio..... bounce back like round ball....im trying to gain at least 15-20lbs before I do any cardio..... right now, i just warm up on the treadmill....occasionally, i do a few sprints after my workout....
    test
  9. Purple Haze

Word.

But make sure your form is STRICTED. I always touch my chest when benching, I alwasy keep my back straight and head up when deading, and squating I go to parallel. I don't cheat myself.

But I think it's better if you do cardio after you lift weights else you'll be depleted. Either that or do it on different days.
    test
  10. Snow Turd

Snow Turd New Member

I do cardio after I lift weights.

Here's what I do.........

Mon: Chest and Biceps and run after 2 miles

Wed: Shoulders after I may or may not run 2 miles

Fri: Back and Triceps and run after 2 miles

I can run a mile in 6:15 by the way and I only run twice-three times a week [funny]
    test
  11. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

dog you shouldnt do chest and biceps on the same day! thas defeating the purpose...always do triceps with chest! chest first, and then triceps.....everyone knows you use your triceps and not your biceps when you do bench press.

and do biceps on back day trust me on this....you will see and feel the difference and see some impressive peak on your biceps.
    test
  12. Purple Haze

^Agreed.

and work out the legs and do deads. After I started doing deads consistantly my strength shot up in about every other exercises I did, no lie.
    test
  13. Snow Turd

Snow Turd New Member

No dumbass.

If I do Triceps after I do Chest I can't do any weight.

You have no clue what you doin.
    test
  14. Snow Turd

Snow Turd New Member

Funny how some little fuck who can't bench press over his girlfriend's weight is tryin to tell me tips on weight lifting too.

I've been doin this shit for years, don't even try to tell me to change my perfect routine.
    test
  15. UnbrokeN

UnbrokeN Well-Known Member

hehe ...rightous cockyness.
    test
  16. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

:frown:

you do know that when you do a bench press you use triceps and shoulders not just chest?

no need to insult people bro.

but do you know anything about which muscles are used in your excerises?

just trying to help out man thats what this forums is for.
    test
  17. LikeWise3001

it's good to change your workout every now and then..

but you dont have to follow one routine. snow is right and vish is right....

there are alot of ways to arrange how you workout your muscles....find out what works for you and then whenever that stops working or you get bored, change your routine.
    test
  18. Snow Turd

Snow Turd New Member

Haha, I know you AZ and you fakin and shit bein all nice and shit.

I know you use shoulders, back, triceps, biceps for bench.

Exactly why I don't do triceps after because they are too sore from benching or tired or whatever.

And I know you fuckin with me.

I shouldn't of even explained.
    test
  19. Purple Haze

I think he's saying that if he does Chest first his triceps workout won't be good because he already blasted them doing the bench press.

IMO split workouts are shit, therefore his routine is shit, so I wouldn't even argue.
    test
  20. Purple Haze

test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.