health ledger as the joker

Discussion in 'Movies, Entertainment & Various Music Genres' started by H20_DirtyGlove, Jul 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaAlmightyDolla

DaAlmightyDolla Greatness

i also agree with the riddler cuz he is just a level lower in crazy than the joker. catwoman and the penguin wont be as entertaining. i also agree with johnny depp cuz 1. he is my fav actor and 2. he has proven 2 be zaney or strange enough 2 play such roles..

ps thanks 4 posting that glover guy. i like him as an actor but couldnt remember his name
    test
  2. thaRooster

thaRooster hahahahahhaha NO!

dude lets not take ourselves too seriously. were talking bout a movie where theres a crimefighting "bat"man. he literally dresses like a bat and flys around the city with a grappling hook and cape. than theres a homicidal dude in clown makeup who is walking up in meetings of 100 gangstas and killing their friends right in front of them while simaltaneously is incapable of being caught by the cops.

and you're worried about the authenticity of the burn victims scars? dont you think thats a bit nitpicky? esp. when 2 face looked FUCKING AWESOME
    test
  3. Living HeLL

Living HeLL real nigga shit

I just saw it last night...it lived up to the hype dude was funny as shit...i was more entertained witht the not so big lines...like when he was talkin to the mobsters and dude was like what u think ur just gonna take our money???..and he was just like yeaa soundin like rainman...and when batman was threadin the ropes with his bike around the wheels of the truck he was on...and he was like HE MiSSED...and then after the truck flipped he was getting out and was stumblin to get up and his gun went off...and at the party when he seen harveys girl he was like hellooooo beautiful and fixed his hair with the knife...lol the lil shit to me was funny...of course I liked the pencil trick and the put a smile on that face shit...

wtf@people sayin he didn't come up with the mind state of the joker...he did what the directors told him to do...so the fuck what...if I dressed ne of u niggas in the same get up he was in and told u to act like that u wouldnt be as good...his job is to act that's what he did...I wasn't a fan of his but if he still was alive id probably be one after this...fucked up he died

dude playin two face was the shit too...crazy how somebody can just flip out on a dime like that...
    test
  4. Nam Dekan

Nam Dekan i got a tip in my pocket

Maybe even Robin Williams, he seems real comfortable playing somebody insane
    test
  5. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

i loved the way joker slid down the pyramid of money and just burnt his half. 'its not all about money, everything burnns'. and viggo would be alot better than jim carey, damn ...

[turn] ...
    test
  6. mattafact

mattafact My album > yours.

i say two face lives and comes back in the 3rd

as for ledger, the man sat in a vacant, desolate apartment room for a month prepping for this role. directors don't have THAT much influence on actors. ledger came up with the voice and delivery himself during that month he spent alone.

riddler is too much like the joker to be put in the movie directly following the dark knight. catwoman would be lame, she just steals shit. penguin would be the most likely i think with the direction they're going......if they chose not to bring back two face. i've heard phillip seymor hoffman's name come up when mentioning the penguin.
    test
  7. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

I've also read the buzz about phillip seymor hoffman playing the penguin. paul giamatti could also pull it off as well. Truthfully though, Mr.devito's portrayal of the penguin was done perfectly. You can't go much darker than devito's penguin. That movie was ahead of it's time, for crying out loud his goal was to drown gotham's children in a icy grave.

The joker's belief system and obsessive compulsion is much different than the riddlers.
    The joker is obsessive about utter chaos, no rules, everything is basically a complusion for him. where as the riddler is completely obsessive compulsive about puzzles, riddles, and word games. His clues are very complex, if the movie is done correctly it would be like decoding the zodic messages or billy mills and edgar hevle's serect messages from the aryan brotherhood. Riddler is in it for the intellectal thrill, he's more of a narcissist and egomaniac. The joker is in it for the fun of it, he's more a anarchist with zero empathy. Joker's persuasion tactics are pretty close in comparison to Satan from the bible, Only hell of alot more interesting and realistic. So when it comes to the riddler I don't see why not. These new batman movies are based more upon psychology of the characters interactions and it doesn't get any more psychologically thrilling or interesting than the riddler. He will question and put batmans intelligence to the test to see if he fails, therefore making himself intellectually superior. With the riddler in the next movie they could take alot of aspects from the movie se7en and just bulid upon them or alter them to make it more complex and fit the riddler. By the way, I too would love to see a riddler completely opposite of jim carrey's.

Robin williams is too old if they didn't use him for the joker they sure in the hell aren't going to use him for the riddler. Though his performance in one hour photo and Insomnia was creepy. However, still not right for the role. Viggo just seems like the correct persona to get the job done. As his performance in eastern promises showcased, without question he has the goods. Though edward norton might be able to pull it off.

FYI: Heath said he saw batman begins and afterward told the director he already came up with a ideal concept for how to play the joker that would make sense with the films direction.
    test
  8. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

LMAO! that was classic.
    test
  9. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

His legacy will be compared to brandon lee's...

Meaning he definitely had the potential to be one of the greats if his life wasn't cut so short.

If your going to go out the Joker as your last role is an awesome way to go out.

One things for sure, the joker immortalized him. If he had died after brokeback mountain people wouldn't even give him a second thought. Well, to be fair the gays might of. There was a lot more to heath's past performances than critics gave him credit for.

And I completely agree with everyone who says this movie is a must see in the movie theatres. Infact, I refused to illegally download this movie like I usual do with other movies because, a crowd of reaction + mega screen + THX = orgasm.
    test
  10. Your Idol

Your Idol ♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠

that's because johnny depp is zaney and strange in real life.
    test
  11. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

The Riddler would definitely be interesting since they're trying to make the characters less cartoony.

Penguin's boring as shit.
    test
  12. Laureate2012

Laureate2012 New Member

Heath Ledger is a beast..Best acting job ever
    test
  13. shensiapoost

shensiapoost New Member

Great New Site

Hey guys I just made my very first website and I was wondering if you guys could go and check it out. The link is below.

No..............
    test
  14. H20_DirtyGlove

H20_DirtyGlove New Member

half of these actors yall saying I never heard of so imma slowly leave the convo

No villian was bigger then the joker in the comic book so I dunno about another movie being made it might be wack cause they already killed two face on a faggot ass fall

Killer croc maybe with a revamped bain yea that a be nice none of that cartoon batman forever bain shit though I wanna see him kill at least 18 ppl for no fucking reason I wanna see explosion and somebody come back as the joker and batman kills the joker in this movie.....or its gonna let me down
    test
  15. Murder Ink

Murder Ink Jigsaw

must be a lotta white people where you live..

and btw this movie was FUCKING AMAZING! one of the best performances I've ever seen acted out in my life..Heath Ledger was psychotic..he didn't play the joker..he was the joker..the atmosphere of sheer nihilism he built, the insanity that emanated from everything he said and the sick twisted sense of humor he uttered in every breath..

Godly.
    test
  16. kyza soza

kyza soza This way up.

He said before he died that Nolan phoned him up and he met with him, and he went there and just laid it out to Nolan how he thought the Joker would play out. Nolan said it was exactly how he had it in his head, too.

Another thing that may surprise people, is that.. the scene where Gordon gets a promotion and all of a sudden The Joker just starts clapping in the cell. That was totally improvised, and I read that the whole crew was really creeped out by it whilst Ledger was doing it, but Nolan kept the cameras rolling.
    test
  17. kyza soza

kyza soza This way up.

Eckhart, too, was excellent in his role, and they did make a few nods to his instable character before he flipped out, like when he had the gun to the criminal's head before Batman showed up. Okay, the coin was double head-sided, but the sadistic side of trying to make him suffer was evident.

As for the villain, I mentioned in another thread that it surely will be the Riddler, and Mr. Reese (Mysteries - if anyone remembers, Carrey's Riddler was E. Nygma, or something to that effect) will probably be the character from The Dark Knight who turns into The Riddler. He is very smart (an accountant) and very greedy (tries to bribe Fox and Wayne about the R&D spending) which were two characteristics of The Riddler.

He can't be a lead, though, and another Villain will probably have to feature. My bet would be Catwoman, as they did make a subtle nod to cats when they were talking about the new batsuit, with something like, "maybe not dogs, but cats" when Bale asked if the suit could protect from dog bites.
    test
  18. kyza soza

kyza soza This way up.

Hahaha, another great line was when he was holding Rachel out the window and Batman says "let her go," and he replies, "that is a really poor choice of words" or something like that hahaha.
    test
  19. Old Soul

Old Soul Nipple Nibbler

That's exactly what I said to my friend... people were saying 'The Crow' was a masterpiece when he died... I'm waiting to see this on IMAX - they got a waiting list n shit.
    test
  20. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

Reese just might be the riddler. However, there is two problems with that.
    Number 1.) that's not one of riddlers aliases. Number 2.) reese knows who batman is. You remember that news anchor doing the reports on batman? That was Anthony Michael Hall, he was suppose to play edward nashton which is a alias of the riddler. But instead he played Mike Engel. He was rumored to be the riddler for awhile not too sure now. I think that fizzled out though.

Perhaps the cat woman, but Nolan said he had not even thought up a third film yet during the making of darkkight. Meaning his writers hadn't thought it up. Though he could just be withholding that information. Cat woman doesn't interest me much, but bruce wyane does need a new love interest. Perhaps a pre cat woman? I wonder if the next batman will be sort of analogous to the fugitive!!!

There were alot of subtle hints in that movie which could be misconstrued by us fans as to whom will be the next enemy for batman but nothing definitive like the joker's card at the end of batman begins.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't two-faces coin scratched on one side?

I think the next flim will be Gotham police, Riddler, and Two-face. Two-face thinks batman is to blame for rachel's death, Two face is pretty much like batman, Both are vigilante criminal hunters except two-face delievers his own justice by flipping a coin to carry out the verdict of life or death. Where as batman doesn't kill. Point being I could easily see how two-face would be hunting down batman in the third film. Those would be your two enemies. I'd rather have a amazing plot rather than just more supervillains. Usually when they just throw a bunch of supervillains on screen the movie sucks.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.