health ledger as the joker

Discussion in 'Movies, Entertainment & Various Music Genres' started by H20_DirtyGlove, Jul 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonmuz

Anonmuz Decepticons = Truth

You gotta see it in the IMAX! I was like daaaaaamn.
    test
  2. H20_DirtyGlove

H20_DirtyGlove New Member

yea this is kind of like the saw movies u have to see it in the movies spend that ten dollars man u gonna enjoy it guaranteed....

Im not a actor so I don't know what he put himself threw to perfect that role but I'm glad he did it

That joker was how I'd figure the actual joker would be cause In the cartoon his agenda was gay I'd rather see him burning up millions of dollars and blowing up hospitals

Shit was gangsta

And I'm so gladthey didn't fucking add that jestervbitch he be with sometimes....that's lame unless they pulled it off right....

And they could bring the iceman back except less goofy

When I see a batman I done wanna see all those bright colors I wanna see darkness and ppl dying....

Cause the old comic books nobody really died fuck that I wanna see dead bodies if imma watch retards run around a corrupt city...

The next batman posed to have killer croc and clayface

I wanna see the mad hatter in that one too.......but they better hire some good fucking actors
    test
  3. SpawnYours

SpawnYours Gram •••••••

Damn Cuzzo you get a 2 hour lunch?
    test
  4. Trey M

Trey M \.=.

oh yeah...and it's on the clock too
    test
  5. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

I liked how the role was played, but I still hope people don't call him one of the greatest or something stupid over this.

Let's just agree that the wrong Brokeback Mountain star died first and leave it at that.
    test
  6. skandelous_lala

skandelous_lala back from the dead

Ah man, fuck that. It is worth paying for and seeing in a theater. I'm half tempted to go see it again before I have to wait for it to come out on dvd.

I post on some other sites that were hyping that shit out of this movie. There was also an incredible mass following of Ledger fans. I like Ledger's work, but I was never a huge huge fan of him. So I have to admit that I wondered if the hype was coming from the fact that he had passed.... and nobody was going to say anything bad about his last role.

So I feel like I went and viewed the movie totally unbiased(although I admit I was anticipating some greatness, I was prepared to be let down though). I knew from the first scene Ledger's Joker was going to be brilliant and it didn't disappoint through out.

This is the first movie in a long long time I have been wowed by a movie. The hype is there because they knew they had a great movie... ...promoted the hell out of it and it paid off.

I felt a tinge of sadness watching Ledger's Joker though... I finally realized why a lot of people made a huge deal out of it when he died. Dude was talented.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My personal fave scene

[​IMG]

20 awesome points for a pencil disappearing trick gif lol
    test
  7. Corn Pop

Corn Pop Langford.

yeah ledger was great. it's very unfortunate he died.

the movie as a whole was not as good as ledger's performance.
    the action scenes in particular were kinda forgettable.
    test
  8. Graphx

Graphx Word? Word!

Why is everyone acting as if Ledger was the sole creative drive behind this character?

He looked that way because of the writers vision and the make-up artists talent...not because thats how HE saw The Joker.

He acted that way, that crazy and derranged way, because thats the way his director told him to act.

Taking nothing away from his performance though, which I agree was beyond good, it was the most memorable performance to me in a long time and IMO it made this version of The Joker the best movie villan of all time....right next to Hannibal in Silence of The Lambs.
    test
  9. Corn Pop

Corn Pop Langford.

fuck a makeup artist
    test
  10. thaRooster

thaRooster hahahahahhaha NO!

don't get me wrong Ledger did a great fucking job, played the role perfectly, and deserves an oscar. But you people are acting like he was the one who created this version of the character. He didn't design the makeup and outfit, or the demeanor and mind state of the character, the writers did. There is no doubt about it that if he did'nt die, this level of praise would'nt exist. The 2 things that pissed me off about this movie is the Ledger suckfest that was going on in my theater. I dunno bout everyone else but every fucking line the guy delivered everyone in the theater (mostly girls) would either laugh or clap. It's probably cuz I like to try and go against the mainstream but that shit was pissing me the fuck off. Also it pisses me off how overlooked the whole Harvey Dent/2 Face character has been. Aaron Eckheart killed that role also, and 2 face looked so fucking cool.

and one more not so related thing. Does it drive anyone else nuts when people clap at the end of the movie? Who the fuck are you clapping for? Like the cast and crew can hear you or something, your just clapping at a screen idiot.....Are you so desperate for attention and to show your opinion that you have to clap and make noise *HEY EVERYONE LOOK AT ME I LIKE THIS MOVIE*.
    test
  11. Corn Pop

Corn Pop Langford.

no one ever claps when i go to the theater.

that would have been annoying.

i can only remember people clapping at the END of a movie once. that was Fahrenheit 9/11
    test
  12. Gorilla Nasty

Gorilla Nasty I'm lame TBH

You need to go with the blacks (no racist). My friend told me a story how they clapped on Independence Day when the dog escaped the fire.
    test
  13. Ill Tox S.

Ill Tox S. - Legendary -

I remember watching Aybss hoping that the rat wouldnt die. I dont even remember whether or not it died though.

Fuck I wanna see this. No theatres here and I got dial up. Sooooo, dvd I guess. I can wait.
    test
  14. H20_DirtyGlove

H20_DirtyGlove New Member

To these ppl saying ledger had no bearing in the joker role from what was said he actually did like that bad makeup was his idea...how he carried himself so on so forth so stfu....

That's like saying will smith didn't give anything to the muhammad Ali role..

I think the movie period was fire dude always got the batman role on point...

The two face face was a bit extreme don't u think a burn that severe u wouldn't be walking around...I feel that crossed into fantasy...while they bring the joker into reality
    test
  15. Ill Tox S.

Ill Tox S. - Legendary -

Plus I hate going to the theaters. Fucking every single movie I ever been to in the theater had a cell phone ringing as soon as the movie started. Also get the irritating laugh that drags so long that you miss what happens next.
    test
  16. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

This movie was truely a master piece start to finish. It has even surpassed fight club on my all time favorite movies list.

Heath played alan moore's joker brilliantly. My four personal favorite joker scenes were the bank, meeting of the crime bosses, the integration, and the hospital. I loved how he broke up his syllables. And every mannerism, super-sane tick, and idosyncrasy was spot on. As was his voice was well. His performance was very original from the voice to his poster. Though I couldn't help but notice a few of his influences for his portrayal of joker seemed to stem from other such characters as daniel plainview, hannibal lecture, sid vicious, and alex delarge. Infact, I perfer heath's joker over jack's because he pretty much based his belief system on the chaos theory. He deserves an oscar for this performance and I'm not just saying that because he is dead. I'm saying this because I believe it to be the truth.

Bale out shines michael keaton as batman, I also perfer his bruce wayne. My four personal favorite batman scenes were hongkong, the integration, the bat-tank/bat-pod/semi-trailer chase, and of course the last scrimmage batman had with the joker. An I simplely loved how they turned batmans eyes white just like he appears in the comics with the ever so clever visual sonar concept. That was pure genius. This movie without question at the end totally demonstrated bruce wyane is the mask and the dark knight is who he really is.

Harvey dent/twoface was protrayed splendidly by aaron eckhart, I loved how he remained a confused harvey dent with subtle angery out brusts in his voice to let the audience know when the manic half of him was coming to the surface. He literally was insane and weak minded even before the accident, if it hadn't been for batman shift thomas the schizophrenic would of been murdered. The burns on the side of his face were exactly depicted like they were in batman the long halloween. And lastly, I loved how he became so cold-blood psychotically masochistic and psychologically confused that he became obsessed with chance and just stopped caring about the pain his deformity was causing him.

Honorable mentions: Michael cain as alfred providing bruce wayne with his philosophical wisdom on the ethics of morality. Gary Oldman as commissioner gordon, for being the first actor to ever make me give a shit about that character. And Morgan Freeman for dropping the quick dry humor one liners and logic on that blackmailer all of which I found hilarious.

This movie just never let up from start to finish, and the score was perfectly timed with the scenes to give it that desired affect of mood and tone. Toward the end of the movie the score made the scenes seem really hitchcockian-like. My nervous system litterally left me disoriented after seeing this movie. And the person I was with throw up!

My enemy request for the next batman... The riddler! They could easily turn him into a sort of zodic killer type of psychotic who leaves cryptic riddles as his clues. They sort of did this with the joker, but with the riddler it would be much more profound.
    test
  17. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

^ word. it's heath, not health, he has none. heath ledger = heath legend. recycled comment. best movie ever seen ...

edit - i also loved how the director made fun of the old batmans using the 'poser' scenes at the start. and he also addressed the issue of batman not being able to move his neck. the way this director makes the characters look so REAL, like the characters are BELIEVABLE. two-face was done real well. the riddler would be a sicc character too. can't wait for the next fuccin' movie. j depp could finish off the joker role, he has his crazy moments too ...

[turn] ...
    test
  18. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

Johnny depp might just be crazy enough to work. I really liked heath-bar as the joker, he even admited his jokes were lame. And that half assed i don't give a shit laugh he did right before his magic trick with the pencil was purely brilliant.

Lets not blow things out of proportion. LOL!
    this is what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object. LMAO!
    Do I look like someone who has a plan? No, I'm just a dog chasing a car, if i ever caught it I'd have no idea where to begin. I don't plan things I just do. LMAO!

And The look on his face when the black guy said he was crazy, he said: I'm noT! He sounded and looked so psychotic during that scene. Then the sarcastic reply, If you want to get serious here's my card. LMAO!

Multiple-lies about how he got his scars is right out of the comic books. Joker doesn't talk about his past, he perfers his past to be multiple choice.

Riddler = Viggo Mortensen or crispin glover?
    test
  19. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

Hahahahahahaha.

I went to see handcock in America and he got a fucking round of applause about 5 times for saving people.
    test
  20. absolute zero

absolute zero Among the living

Dope ass movie, and yes, Heath did steal the show. The trailers were out on the internet before his death, and I was pumped to see it then. I don't want people to go overboard and only say his performance was good just because he died; and it makes it somewhat difficult to convince people that I think his role was genius and mean it solely based on performance. But even if he was alive, this would still be a classic role. He played it perfectly. That deranged, psychotic character that was drawn up by the writers. Yes it was drawn up by the writers and they had a plan but I can't imagine any other actor bringing this character to life as good as Heath did. It's like in sports, you can have a coach draw up a play, but unless you have the right players, it's not going to work.

My favorite scene was when he was leaving the hospital in that fucking nurse outfit and was waiting for the big explosion. lol, I was cracking up the whole movie actually.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.