Headphones

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by Abbot_X, Jul 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Abbot_X

Abbot_X New Member

Anyone recommend a good pair of headphones?
    I would like to spend between $100-$200.
    test
  2. WDPS Recordz

WDPS Recordz t(* *t)

what u tryin to use these headphones for?
    test
  3. War Machine

War Machine Sam Antics

i jus copped some new ones yesturday cuz my audiobahn ones broke. i spent about 95 on the phones (sennheiser hd 280 pro) and about another 90 or so on the headphone pre-amp. you dont reall need the headphone pre-amp, but its very usefull, it has right and left imputs and outputs...so u can hook ur monitors up to the outputs, then run your monitors into your soundcard or mbox or mixer or watever, and then ur able to mute the speakers from the phone-amp whenever ur recording, and then unmute it so u can hear it thru the speakers when u done, from pressin a button. very handy. it also lets u have about 4 headphones running at once...usefull for if u wanna hear the artist's shit as he/she's recording it, or for duets, etc. the actual headphones are pretty good as well, the ones i had before didnt leak and they worked fine, but these, i can blast the music, but once its on ur ears, the foam completely stops all sound from being herd outside of the phones.
    test
  4. Abbot_X

Abbot_X New Member

Various things.
    Listening to music for potential samples. My own tracks. Listen while producing tracks on my computer. Etc...
    I just want some hogh quality headphones so I can get the full audio experience from whatever it is I'm listening to.
    test
  5. Abbot_X

Abbot_X New Member

Yeah, I was looking at those yesterday at compUSA. I was also checking out the HD500 version, and the Sony MDR-NC20
    test
  6. War Machine

War Machine Sam Antics

the ones i suggested are for monitoring audio for the mix....thats pretty much wat ur looking for...and anything of that high of a quality grade can easily double for listening to the instrumental while recording as well.
    test
  7. Joey Bonez

Joey Bonez Text Album dropping soon

damn 100 for headphones...I found some nice asss ones in my boys grandpa's shop...lol...i jacked them.
    test
  8. CompassSaviour

CompassSaviour Got no brain, goin insane

If it's for mointoring purposes, get some speakers. Headphones tend to make you concentrate more in certain aspects of sound, and you hear more subtle things than you do with speakers (which most people are going to be listening from).

Ever try mixing a TV show with headphones? Don't.
    test
  9. War Machine

War Machine Sam Antics

^^while thats true...u should have both

u wanna listen to the mix in headphoens and speakers...at a lot of different volumes

becuz\, for 1...a lot of people will listen to ur cd in headphones as well (hopefully)...and 2..monitors tend to glorify your bass and make it sound louder than it is...so double checking it with headphones isnt a bad idea...also having the aux from ur comp going to a home stereo for monitoring isnt a bad idea either...so u have a wide range of speaker types to monitor from...so u can make it sound good on all systems.
    test
  10. Abbot_X

Abbot_X New Member

I've head that the Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro headphones are pretty good.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.