"He speaks so well"

Discussion in 'IntroSpectrum' started by Namor, Mar 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Namor

Namor Prodigal Sun-god

Is there any other phrase akin to this one in which many "well-to-do" caucasians have uttered in response to a proffesional black man in an interveiw which so hints at the festering,racist yet deeply rooted ideology in this country that the "majority" can't seem to even acknowledge?

Such a phrase only carries the hidden message "blacks don't have the mental capacity to understand basic english-& its so shocking to actually see one speaking proper english"...

its a way to be condescending in the form of a compliment-typical covert racism that is now an epidemic in the U.S.

they speak with the same awe inspired tone that would be more suited to watching a bear balance himself on a unicycle @ a circus....

Thats like me saying "wow-a group of whites-and they are not oppressing people based on race-wow"!

Its fucked up when the racist don't even understand the degree of there own racist persepctive...
    test
  2. Offbeat

Offbeat New Member

dude thats the racism in ur head
    test
  3. Radium

Radium f k

my aunt told me I dont speak well and I wont get a job because I dont speak well. But she really meant I dont speak white. and thats whats really meant here too.

on another note though, have anybody noticed that white people speak more softly these days. In old films from the 50's white people used to talk real hard and w/ authority. now whites talk like they have soft hands.

for example listen to how this guy speaks. I have mad fights from the early 1900's and whats funny is everybody sounded like this.

[youtube]hZFEhZi7WAg[/youtube]
    test
  4. Dex Luiz

Dex Luiz Guest

hahahahaha.
    test
  5. Namor

Namor Prodigal Sun-god

yeah-just like the time when they wanted to use "ebonics" to educate black youths who can't grasp the subtle nuances of the english language-

the whole notion is that black people need some sort of crutches to be on par with whites.

This deluded sense of self righteousness is common & the source of many of the racist veiwpoints of whites who don't even realise it.

racism is more of a mental thing in this day and age anyhow
    test
  6. Namor

Namor Prodigal Sun-god

[funny] real shit-its like the whole race gradually lost there collective balls...

Humphrey Bogart comes to mind

"take that coppa"!

"Its curtains for you-SEE"!

"a wise guy eh"?

shit done changed
    test
  7. Dex Luiz

Dex Luiz Guest

It's the liberal's fault.
    test
  8. Riz

Riz Well-Known Member

You're not exactly a shining example of a black person who's mastered basic English, are you, nagger?
    test
  9. Namor

Namor Prodigal Sun-god

don't assume I can't mimmic a white man's voice & tonality to a "T" over the phone, C-rakuh...
    test
  10. Sun Zoo

Sun Zoo Speech is my Hammer

You realize that white people also say this about other white people, yes? Calling someone well-spoken is like....a common thing. I'm sure there are instances when it's used by someone racist, but fucking any sentence in the english language could be considered racist in the right context and read in the right tone.

i don't doubt the situation you're talking about occurs, but i'm not sure it's as frequent as you think...
    test
  11. Hardkore

Hardkore Blunts@TheBeach

man, white people say that to me all the time.

i just tap dance and put the hat on the ground and accept any loose change they have for lil' ol' black me.
    test
  12. Dark_Sun

Dark_Sun Phantom of the Forums

^Same way with me. I will provide their entertainment for now to get by and support my family.

I got mind control over white peole. The man be like "shut the fuck up". I be quiet. But when he leave, I be talkin again.
    test
  13. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

I haven't heard anybody who has "mastered" English.

Don't the rules get re-written every 30 years or so?

I would say that 98% of Americans commonly speak nonstandard English.
    test
  14. Dark_Sun

Speaking well has little to do with learning every single word there is in the English language. It has more to do with the ease and execution of impeccable grammatical syntax with words so that they blend in harmonious bliss which makes love to every ear drum in the vicinity.
    test
  15. BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum

BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum aka Billy Shoreview

You know, I can't be sure this is a racIST thing, but maybe its raCIAL. That is to say: our best speakers have been back or claim to have learned from black speakers. Let's take Obama. One thing I noticed about him is he has the presence of a black Reverand. I can see him pastoring a church with the way he speaks, the way he moves. Of course Jesse and Al are the same, but they've BEEN pastors. It is in our culture to be the griot, to speak. Even in music. We made a whole genre of music replacing singing with speech! Flow, presence, rhythm and meter - that doesn't just apply to poetry or rhyming, it applies to speech as well.

So when they say "he speaks so well", it may be that they are hypnotized by the rythm of the speech, the imagery, the flow, as it were. Keep in mind, they don't say this about the gangster high school drop out that is on trial. They say this about people that they know are educated as hell like Colin Powell or Obama, etc. So I don't feel that they are shocked that the speaker has a mastery of the english language even though they're n*ggers; it may actually be that they feel the speaker speaks so well...

Maybe it is in our cultural nature to spit...
    test
  16. BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum

BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum aka Billy Shoreview

THIS is the true essence of the apologist white person. People like ghet or rich or what have you on this site would have you believe it's all liberal whites, but it isn't. It's those non-blacks who feel that blacks need a crutch, so they overcompensate. Their analyses of programs like Affirmative Action or the need for ebonics in schools is a foothold into the understanding of the apologist. It is a viewpoint that much like american neo-fascism views blacks as subhuman or lesser than them.
    test

17. WHAT? lawl.
    test
  18. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

cant we all just get along

sensititve ass niggas
    test
  19. Glasscut360

Glasscut360 Member

What do you consider english, another language right and the truth is that it only has power because of the crimes and oppressive things the caucasian race has done with it. American english is not correct english according to the "Oxford press". It bothers me that due to slavery ebonics has surfaced, and it should be a language also, teaching with it though is something I dont support, not that I support us learning or rather basically eating out of the hands of the oxford press ( or rather Kings English - fucking brits ). I mean lets change the language to arabic and hebrew the original mans language and then we'll see who is smart and who's not these country ass caucasians wouldnt know shit I promise you. I am sorry if I am offending anyone, but its true. And till today they're deny blacks jobs due to that slavery tongue, or better yet sounds of slavery, they've imposed on black in america. I Very much dislike that fact. and the young caucasians growing up, if noticed some dont know the reason why american blacks sound like they, do yet have a name like their white counterparts.. The situation is very depressing. when the father in the household cannot correct his tongue, what makes you think he will or can correct his daughter but again what language would he tell her to speak correctly, racist american english ?.. Whew.. I shed tears when this subject is brought up. and if your wondering I am nigerian been here 14yrs. Willie Lynch wasnt kidding when he said he reversed the nature of the blackmen and women in america. ( sheds a tear!! )..

The only solution to this problem is for america to be destroyed. reason being is that every minute, every second, many black americans are replicating and speaking this language. And yet they say its unemployment nope its not.. It these filty deeds of the caucasian ancestors thats still being practiced today. These mental treacheries, has been on going for decades. I mean these fucking brits didnt even discover america. But due to slavery they've turned blackmen into walking entertainment, human caricatures and non critical thinking individuals. I mean what good will come from people that base their decisions and ideas from ancient writers that had mental lapses. ex. John Nash - The Game Theory. <-- this man admitted to being a schizo.. yet his formulas to economic and human control is being implemented, not only that american thinktanks till today use that as a foundation for their vast jobs and ideas. Fuck America its going to hell in a hand basket and a whiteman will be the delivery courier bottomline. Just Watch.. !!
    test
  20. Dark_Sun

^WOW Destroy America? Just give a nigga a warning so I can get me and my kids outta dodge...
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.