Having a driver's license but not knowing how to actually drive?

Discussion in 'Car & Audio' started by GaLaTeA, Nov 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Sounds impossible.

So today a client in passing mentioned she only learned "basic driving skills" so she could pass all the written and driven exams, only to never drive a day in her life since.

For the longest I thought "learning by heart" only functioned for memorizing theoretical knowledge.
    test
  2. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

could come in handy if everyone's drunk and you're not and you need to be the driver and don't want to get pulled over without a license.
    test
  3. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

but the skills required for passing both the written and driving are the official rules of driving. So its not like she doesnt know what a stop sign is and has never merged..... this would have been tested. Unless you mean the lisencing place did a shitty job in teaching and testing her.

and most country folk/farmers and their kids learnt by being allowed to rip around in a farm truck at age 10.... self taught pretty much
    test
  4. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

You'd still have to know how to actually drive drunkies from point a to point b though.

The problem isn't so much the theoretical part (that could be re-read), it's the fact she mentioned if ever wanting to drive, she'd have to take a few hrs worth of driving lessons because she forgot how to drive.

How on Earth do you forget something so basic?
    test
  5. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

ohh haha i didnt get that at all from your post

yeah. How do you forget? sounds more like shes just given up on even trying and scared herself out of it or something
    test
  6. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Allotted incoherence, sorry. :funny:

Waste of money if you ask me. Why attain a specific skill if not using it.
    test
  7. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

my friends mom does it, she hates driving but she also never ever plans to do it, but she likes the drivers lisence ID better than just a regular ID. So she keeps renewing it. She cabs it everywhere and always has, and ive known her 20+yrs. That or her husband drives.
    test
  8. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

I know of a few co-workers who rather see their spouses behind the wheel than themselves. :idk:
    test
  9. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

and the thing is if she did drive she could basically have any car she wanted. Their fam is extremely rich.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.