haven't had a "rare hip-hop facts" thread for a few years ...

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by Nu'maaN, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

... so here it is.

googled it, and the rm thread from 2012 showed up.

so i'll try not posting the facts that were posted in that thread.
    • P. Diddy used to be a back-up dancer for Big Daddy Kane and Heavy D.
    • Nas co-wrote Will Smith’s “Gettin’ Jiggy Wit It,” and it was the only Grammy Award-winning project of his career.
    • Lupe Fiasco admitted that Lasers is about his own inner battle with suicide. He said, “I wrestled with suicide. [I wanted to] document that in a song, explain to people what the fight of it is. There’s this wrestling with fame and success: How much is enough? How much of this money can I blow on Ferraris? What level of fame [shows] that I made it? Is it when the paparazzi are chasing me down the streets? Then I’m famous? Or am I famous now?”
    • DMX used to collect bugs.
    • Lil’ Kim was at one time pregnant with Biggie’s baby, but had a miscarriage. She also used to transport drugs on the bus system for him.
    • N.O.R.E. did time for murder when he was a juvenile.
    • Lil Wayne shot himself twice.
    • Jay-Z and Busta Rhymes went to high school together and once battled in their school cafeteria. DMX and Biggie also went to the same school.
    • Gwen Stefani has won the same amount of Rap Grammys as Nas, Drake, 50 Cent, and Busta Rhymes combined.
    • In 2009, Coolio did a stage dive, nobody caught him, and he ended up being beaten and getting his shoes stolen.
    • Jay-Z wrote The Blueprint in two days.
    • Snoop Dogg went to school with Cameron Diaz and sold her marijuana at the time.
    add on, but not stuff that we already know.

:numaan:
    test
  2. Tha Cunnysmythe

Tha Cunnysmythe Unsavoury Negroid

think i heard about one of these

he was rhyming in the mirror with the gun and accidentally fired it
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  3. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

Lupe wouldn't be known by most people if he walked by them.....I would not think he has enough money where a zoned out Ferrari spree wouldn't bankrupt him....no paparazzi chase him after he buys his non alcoholic beer and foot fetish periodicals.....
    test
  4. Louis Armstrong

Louis Armstrong Yeah, it's me nigga

Dude is a grammy winner. Prolly gets money from shows.
    test
  5. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

I know, and i'm sure he is a millionaire as well.....eh doesn't have that Beiber money though....It just sounds kinda like he is saying he is bigger than he is....
    test
  6. thedream2333

thedream2333 Member

i wouldnt recognize lupe tbh, and hes on my all time top 10...

lupe wanted to commit suicide over spending money on ferraris? damn, we need to switch lives. shit.
    test
  7. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

never understood why the rich complain about having too much money.

fucks sake, donate that shit rather than offing yourself.

:numaan:
    test
  8. Twamp

Twamp proper weaponry

Lmao @ Wayne shootin himself...

TWICE :funny:

Another fact, Wayne and Birdman used to wear all blue before turnin into "Bloods"
    test
  9. Twamp

Twamp proper weaponry

2Pac's first name was MC New York

Ice Cube and Del the Funky Homosapien are cousins
    test
  10. Tha Cunnysmythe

Tha Cunnysmythe Unsavoury Negroid

^Del allegedly wrote a lot of Death Certificate, in particular No Vaseline
    test
  11. thedream2333

thedream2333 Member

I feel you. I know EXACTLY what I would do with Lupe's money. dude mustve forgot what its like to be broke.

for god sake raise a family or somethin. donate to cancer. fly J-lo to my apartment and have her ring the doorbell butt naked.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  12. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

j-lo has that over 50 million type of money.....she would pay lupe to go on stage and serenade boy george
    test
  13. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

Maybe they both were under that blood is blue in the human veins stupid fucking rumor....
    test
  14. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

The Roots original stage name was The Square Roots, but they changed it because the former was wack.

Mobb Deep's original name was The Poetical Prophets... and they won entry into The Source's Unsigned Hype column back in the day, along with other legends like Biggie and Eminem.

When a Columbia Records executive went to Queensbridge in '93 looking to talk to Nas about a deal, a few of his goons pulled guns on him, asking dude why he wanted to see him.

MC Hammer rode around the hospital in Las Vegas numerous times with a shottie in his lap after Pac was shot the second time, because it was rumored that the henchmen who shot him were looking to finish him off.

Lauryn Hill and Wyclef Jean had a love affair. She became pregnant and said that the baby was his, when it really wasn't. And that's the real reason that The Fugees broke up and probably will never reunite... that and the fact that she kept stealing his songs.
    test
  15. Twamp

Twamp proper weaponry

Yeah, fuck Lauryn.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test