Haven't gone to church in years

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by JASON ANTHONY, Dec 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JASON ANTHONY

JASON ANTHONY White Devil

but I still make my son pray for our food.

It's not so much that we're thanking God, but just being thankful. It's funny the things you carry away from religion.
    test
  2. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

never been other than when i was baptised and for funerals and weddings.

that shit is boring as fuck to me.

i dont care about any of that, its just jibberjabber
    test
  3. JASON ANTHONY

Jibber jabber that gives you a clear understanding of right and wrong which is why Christian ideals are important for our kids to understand with or without the mythological stories associated.

I don’t feel comfortable talking to my son about the story of the donkey that asked it’s master why he was hitting him in the Bible, but good lessons can be learned.

Hurray for Vegi-tales.
    test
  4. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

yeah but you dont need church to learn them

those life lessons arent exclusive to church goers
    test
  5. El-ahrairah

El-ahrairah prince with 1000 enemies

Church is what you make of it. Find the right one for you. If nothing else it provides a community for your family like Jason said.
    test
  6. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

i suppose if you needed one like that and even believed in the stuff they told you

but i have a different community.
    test
  7. JASON ANTHONY

True, but I learned them from church as a child and apply them to my kids now. Like I said, we don't attend church (because of a couple discrepancies I've found in Christianity), but I don't mind saying grace for my meal to teach a valuable lesson.
    test
  8. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

being thankfull for everything is good because of the positive vibes.

In opposite of you though i wouldnt have my son say his thanx to jesus. My version is just diff. But the same. I do it all the time, pray, but not to jesus. I pray because positive energy is good. Whether youre prayin to jesus or nobody in particular i believe it does the same thing exactly. Cuz its the energy

prayer deosnt have to tied to religion but im sure you realize this
    test
  9. JASON ANTHONY

We pray to god. God is what you make him.
    test
  10. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

bible says if you take them to church when young. They will come back l8r in life.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  11. TheBigPayback

u relgous at all busta??
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  12. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

depends on the definition

i dont go to church. Or believe in the snake on the tree that talks and tricks chicks or dudes or whatever the story says. I believe jesus was a real man. I believe its possible he had powers. Im sure he was a pretty awesome dude. But i dont feel that people need to go to church or read the bible or even know about jesus.

Im more on the lines of positive and negative energy. God is positive energy. I dont think you have to pray outloud, i dont think you have to pray to any specific god. I think the thoughts themselves are what holds the power.

and hey if im wrong and end up going to christian hell for not following, then that bitch can kiss my ass. Im a good person. I deserve as much as anyone to go to heaven if there ever was one. Hed be a pretty judgemental and unfair being to not let someone into heaven cuz they werent christians or religious.

I have many theories

like reincarnation. But like i said in another thread, its all ideas. Nobody knows. Theres something though. Its definately not just blank after death
    test
  13. TheBigPayback

I wish i could just answer each line u just said. But ill try a few 1) yes its not nessicary to go to church but the bible says" do not forsake the assembling of yourselves" thats cus in church u get built up, convicted, and rebuked, and loved to embrace you 2)u said God is energy thats fine, ya ina sence but the deffinition in bible is God is Love. If you dont have Love god is not in you. 3) you say powers in the thoughts bible says its in the tounge. What you speak. (if you believe in your heart an confess with your mouth you will be saved.) but you can pray in your head.(4 being good or good works dont get you into hevean it says even the works of the righteous are like filty rags compared to a holly God...but ya. Reincarnation i could get into as well but thatd take a while.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  14. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

well since im baptised catholic

all i gotta do one day is confession whether i believe or not and my record is whiped clean and i get into heaven

so either way im safe ;)
    test
  15. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

So how do you respond to your child if he questions you about such practices, or if he denies that God exists? (Read entire post before answering). It doesn't matter to me which way you raise your kid obviously and all parents force things on their children. There's nothing wrong with it, and I believe it is necessary.

I'm just curious as to what vantage point I'm to look at this from. I mean, I use the term 'indoctrination' to mean that your child would be expected to perform different tasks of this sort without question, that if questioned you would see this as something that must be corrected in him - that it's either important that he doesn't ask questions and/or that your responses to questions (if you gave him any) would be made with an aim of having him led by faith.

I use the term 'inculcation' to merit a less extreme form of this, wherein your child may be expected to do the same tasks, but not necessarily without question and that if questioned you would feel obliged to hopefully at some point give an answer in your own words that might directly satisfy his brain (that is, he can compromise by his own will even if he doesn't necessarily like doing something or agree with you on all other things you might have him do.) Also this is not necessarily done as a motivation to believe something or to be moved by faith, but rather to pass on values from one generation to the next.
    test
  16. TheBigPayback

what discrepencies? Im sure i could explain many of the wuestions u have.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  17. JASON ANTHONY

My son is no stranger to Christianity. He goes to Sunday school every other Sunday/every third Sunday with his Grandma. He knows who he's praying to. Does he wonder why Stace and I are praying with him? I doubt it. He will be a man one day and decide what he believes. Until then, I hope that he takes away as much as he can from Christianity morally if not spiritually.
    test
  18. JASON ANTHONY

Science my brother.

One example:

If God created the heavens and the earth 6,000 years ago, then why do we see the glare of stars millions of light years away? If you don't understand my question, consider this. If a star is 1 million light years away, the light from it took 1 million years traveling at the speed of light for us to see it.

Another example:

Dinosaurs.

I'm sorry, but if the flood is really what buried all the dinosaurs in the earth and fossilized them, then where are all the mammals that supposedly lived at the same time as them? If the earth is only as old as the Bible says it is, then dinosaurs and mammals had to have lived at the same time. Why are they not fossilized in the same layers of rock? I'll take it a step further. Why aren't there any humans found fossilized in the rock?

You get where I'm coming from? This is simply Genesis I'm having trouble with. Understand I have a hard time believing in evolution and evolved from jellyfish, but I don't know if the Bible is the best history book to be living by.

Keep in mind I'm taking the Bible literally here. I'm not going to believe in something I constantly have to find loop holes in.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.