"HATTON wants FLOYD? Sign the contract!" - Team Mayweather

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by ~OMagic~, Jun 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ~OMagic~

~OMagic~ Well-Known Member

Nobody said Mayweather invented it. But hes been saying it as of late
    test
  2. ~OMagic~

The tenative date is set for Nov. 10, most likely in Las Vegas. They just gota agree on the money now.
    test
  3. dun dun dun dun

dun dun dun dun New Member

The fight will get done as long as Mayweather's management doesn't offer some ridiculous offer to Hatton.
    test
  4. ~OMagic~

Mayweather makes fair offers in all fights where his team negotiates the money, so hopefully this is a done deal real soon.
    test
  5. kyza soza

kyza soza This way up.

Wow @ this thread.. I only really read the last page.. but the fight should be at 140, but won't be. It'll be at 147 almost certainly, which is advantageous for Floyd.

If it was done over here, it would sell out 40-50k.. easily. Calzaghe Vs. Manfredo had 33,000 people, and that was for a shitty fight with a really crap undercard.

Put it at Wembley stadium (Which holds 90k, but will only really have max 40-50k for boxing as they'll close it in more) and it will sell out in excess. Idk if many Americans will come over to see Mayweather fight here, I doubt it but who knows? Even in America.. this shit would sell out 25-30k IMO. This is the biggest fight out there, and Hatton would bring 15-20k people with him to America if the capacity was right.. hell, 11,000 of the 17.000 at last weekends fight were British.

Anywho.. that's a £5m offer, which equals about $10m.. balls in Floyd's court.
    test
  6. dun dun dun dun

Mayweather could earn more than that if the fight was in Vegas.
    test
  7. dun dun dun dun

For Mayweather to go to England, he better be getting $15 million, plus a share of the gate and TV money. Also, there should be a veteran, neutral referee as well as neutral judges or else...

[​IMG]
    test
  8. kyza soza

kyza soza This way up.

Well, if he was given a percentage of PPV too, and the gate (I know Tszyu was to get him over here) then it would be a massive earner for Floyd. You're talking of a gate of 40k people (estimate), with a PPV in the UK and US of somewhere about 750,000 minimum (abouts?).

I guess we'll see. I'd bet my left nut that Floyd will offer a 90/10 deal to Hatton and then complain about Hatton not taking the deal. Well, a deal is on the table and it will be Mayweather's second highest earning fight (or third?). If he was sooo mad at Hatton's comments, he wouldn't grumble at that, surely?

I don't think it matters whether it's at the Garden, LV or the UK.. there will probably be half the capacity being Brits regardless of location.
    test
  9. kyza soza

kyza soza This way up.

If has to be Cortez or Nady.
    test
  10. kyza soza

kyza soza This way up.

test
  11. dun dun dun dun

This fight will be Floyd's second highest payday if it happens.

kyza, do you think they could hold it at Wembley? I heard that place holds 90,000+. I'm guessing the fight would sell out at MEN Arena within a flash.
    test
  12. dun dun dun dun

Please not Nady. The man has a history of fucking up PPV fights.

I agree with Cortez. I wouldn't mind seeing someone like Bayless, Weeks, or Smoger referee the fight either.
    test
  13. ~OMagic~

I would hope the fight doesn’t take place over there. This Hodson guy is sounding like he is tryna ruin the fight from what I read. If I am correct, his deal with Hatton is over right? It seems like he is just tryna get a piece of the pie now. If he isn’t Hattons promoter anymore he shouldn’t be commenting on the shit, cuz hes gonna do nothing but ruin it. I doubt Floyd wants to fight there, and I know Floyd can make more than that offer fighting here in Vegas. If Hatton brings this guy to the table with that attitude he’s gonna make negotiations fall apart real quick.

Hopefully Hatton signs with Golden Boy, this fight will turn into an even bigger event if that happens. Mayweather/Hatton 24/7 would be far better than Mayweather/De La Hoya 24/7 because Floyd genuinely doesn’t like Hatton and I know Hatton will be more interesting than Oscar.

And yeah, I don’t think any American fans would travel there to see any boxer in this era. Our culture is just completely different here, that’s not something I can see Americans doing.

Americans would travel to Vegas though. Because its not just a fight, its an event. Everything that goes on in Vegas already brings people there, throw in a mega fight and its bananas.
    test
  14. kyza soza

kyza soza This way up.

As long as it isn't the idiot Laurence Cole who reffed the Marquez-Jaca fight.

What a complete knobhead.
    test
  15. ~OMagic~

Why do you think he'd offer a 90/10 split??

He's NEVER done something like that before. lol this aint Roy Jones negotiating.
    test
  16. ~OMagic~

I think Cortez did HORRIBLY reffing tha Hatton/Castillo fight.

Hatton got Castillo when he was off balance in round 1 and Castilo's glove clearly touched the ground. Cortez looking like he was lost called it a slip.

Then the low blow shit without a warning.
    test
  17. kyza soza

kyza soza This way up.

Mhm.. what's the largest capacity in Vegas? 22k?

I'd be more inclined to hold it in an arena.. even an outdoor one. Obviously it wouldn't do Chavez-Haugen numbers lol, but it could easily get 30k+ if the ticket prices were right. Hell, I'd be there in a flash if this comes off and I can get time away from Uni.
    test
  18. kyza soza

kyza soza This way up.

Well not far off it with Baldomir lol
    test
  19. ~OMagic~

I doubt there will ever be any more arena fights here in the US. But yeah, arena would be ill. I predicted that Floyd/Oscar would EASILY pack the LA collesium.

But this one is most likely headed to Vegas, crowd of around 20K. Holding it inside allows you to make a bunch of money because people will want tickets badly knowing there is so few. That’s why ticket prices be jacked up. Floyd/Oscar tickets were being re sold for more than superbowl ticket prices.

I really really don’t want this fight to go to England, and it wont. We all know what happens when you go overseas to fight, no affense.
    test
  20. ~OMagic~

Haha, well Baldomir knew what was up. He was thankful to be in that situation. Still was by far his career high payday.

Hatton is gonna get a career high too.

I dont think it will be 90/10
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.