"HATTON wants FLOYD? Sign the contract!" - Team Mayweather

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by ~OMagic~, Jun 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MyKe SeaN

MyKe SeaN Paula Deen is my hero.

You named a couple of decent fighters but putting Tszyu in your top 5 list just killed your credibility
    test
  2. MyKe SeaN

At the end of the day, there is no reason for Mayweather to go chase a champion in a filler weight division. Hatton wants what Mayweather has...not the other way around. Mayweather has proven why he's the best in the sport... just deal with it!
    test
  3. ~OMagic~

~OMagic~ Well-Known Member

Stop trying to act like you know boxing. I said "specially Hopkins" not saying he is more highly regarded than the others, I said that because him and Baldomir have COMPLETELY different styles.

Hopkins is a counterpuncher and he tries the whole fight to figure you out. Circling you, using his defense, etc.

Baldomir just keeps walking right towards you.
    test
  4. ~OMagic~

I cant remember who Teddy Atlas picked to win but here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_La_Hoya-Mayweather

Scroll down to the expert predictions part.

Bert Sugar is ALWAYS on point.
    test
  5. ~OMagic~

And yes, 140 is a filler division... same goes for shit like 168, thats why I dont hold Calzaghe highly at all.

I hate dudes who make a career out of fighting in the betweener divisions... divisions put in place to help dudes transition to the real divisions.
    test
  6. dun dun dun dun

dun dun dun dun New Member

Atlas picked De La Hoya to win.

Sugar is pretty bad, too. He doesn't have Mayweather in his 100 fighters of all-time and not too long ago he had Dempsey as his #1 Heavyweight of all-time.
    test
  7. MyKe SeaN

OMAGIC IS EXACTLY RIGHT!!!! MAN, You are one of the only cats in the sports forum thats seeing me in the boxing knowledge department.
    test
  8. dun dun dun dun

Baldomir never had the physical tools to be able to be a counterpuncher. But if you watch the way they roll with punches, the subtle feints, etc, they're very similar.
    test
  9. ~OMagic~

This dude just said Bert Sugar is BAD.

Wow, close the thread.
    test
  10. dun dun dun dun

So you agree with him that Mayweather isn't a Top 100 Fighter of all-time and that Dempsey is the best heavyweight of all-time?

We have some real knowledgeable members here, don't we?
    test
  11. MyKe SeaN

^^Most of the fighters on Bert Sugar's top 100 died before Mayweather was even born. Go figure!
    test
  12. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

Mayweather is a really technically sound, cautious fighter. He drains his opponents stamina with his athleticism over 12 rounds. When you are a fighter that doesn't really possess knockout power...most of your fights are expected to go the distance. Floy'd excels in luring "forcing" his opponents to chase him while he piles up the points on the scorecards through the use of an "in-and out" fighting technique.

Unfortunately...no matter how successful one is at ANYTHING...you will always be judged based upon the level of talent/difficulty that you have faced. For example....someone can claim that they are a master at a certain videogame series....but..what is the first thought that comes to mind when they tell you that they've played every game in the series on the novice level. It kind of diminishes the credibility of that person. If someone tells you that they are a 4.0 student in college....but they tell you that they went to an open enrollment community college..it diminishes that individuals credibility. No matter how talented they might be..or how smart they might have been...they didn't attempt to beat the game on "insane"..like Gears of War...they didn't go to "Harvard or Yale"..do you catch my drift.

Floyd's most difficult fight to date still remains his first match with Castillo who used to be a decent fighter with a warrior spirit to match. His second would be his fight with Zab Judah. Castillo was willing to go after Mayweather...but unlike other opponents. There are several ways to chase down an opponent like mayweather...you can chase him dead on like a fool where he can escape easily by rolling out to the left or right...or, you could attack him at angles(ala Castillo) which gives you a better chance of cutting the ring off and keeping him on the ropes.

Floyd is an immense boxing talent...he has flaws like every human...but he is talented. I wouldn't say that he has faced more talent than Zab Judah though..Judah is talented as well..but his talent is negated by his weak heart. Floyd's fight with Oscar didn't count for much..Oscar is old, slow and he isn't in his prime. In my opinion, Floyd should have lost the first fight with Castillo...and he had a time with Zab....I can only count those two fights as "TRUE" opposition. With this being said, Mayweather possesses Harvard-like boxing talent but he chooses to settle picking fights with community college level fighters. In terms of ranking him with the greats such as Leonard......I can't see myself doing that because I am looking at the entire picture here. I judge a fighter based upon his skill set and the level of talent he's faced. It's easy to say that you've beat Gears of War...but when you're facing novice level CPU competition...there lies alot of ambiguity in making the statement that you are the Pound for Pound greatest gameplayer..scholar...or in this case....fighter.

There are lots of B+ to A level talent out there for Floyd to face: Mosley,Cotto,Paul Williams....even though Margarito sucks...I still want to see Floyd-Margarito for the simple fact that styles make fights. Margarito is a C class fighter with long arms and a pressuring style.

thats my 2 cents
    test
  13. MyKe SeaN

^^I can't agree with you pimp. Oscar De la Hoya is still a dangerous fighter to this day. I guess you're gonna say that Mosley is washed up after Floyd taxes that ass. Floyd faught the top guys in every wait class he was in.

What more do you want from the man? He wanted to fight Cotto and Hatton but they both declined last year. He wanted to fight Mosley last fall but he declined. They all said, "They weren't ready" That right there should tell you something about how his opponents feel about him. Floyd is unbeatable at 154 and below.

lol@ Zab Judah fighting tougher competition. They faught just about the same people. lol.

Floyd is the best Pound 4 Pound fighter since Roy Jones.
    test
  14. ~OMagic~

Floyd beat EVERYBODY at 130 and 135, that part of his resume is not to be questioned.

Floyd moved up to 140 wanting to do the same, he won his title then before he could clean sweep through the division Cotto, Hatton and Shane ducked him.

So he moved up to 147 and hes handling his business, along the way he beat Oscar at 154.

Floyd's resume is strong, he hasnt fought every elite guy, but hes beaten every elite guy hes faced, and hes beaten everybody else, good or bad.

Floyds Resume:

Genaro Hernandez
    Angel Manfredy
    Diego Coralles
    Carlos Hernandez
    Jesus Chavez
    Jose Louis Castillo (Twice)
    Zab Judah
    Carlos Baldomir
    Oscar De La Hoya

Throw in some others who come to fight like Corley and Augustus

Keep in mind earlier in his career he was the underdog in a bunch of these fights and he was pretty much always the smaller guy.

Soon to be added to the list hopefully

Hatton
    Mosley
    test
  15. R3flex

R3flex Smackin Ya Manses

Or you can take advantage of the fact that Floyd had a shoulder injury in that fight and swarm like Castillo.

& Wow@Baldy even being considered as a fundamental fighter. All opinions, but i've never even heard that before. That's like saying Chavez was a fundamental fighter.

Anyways, bottom line, nobody named Hatton is fuckin with Floyd at any weight in any country for any title on any planet.
    test
  16. dun dun dun dun

Chavez possessed great power and tremendous footwork, which made it a breeze to cut off the ring. Those are two aspects that Baldomir doesn't have.

How else do you think Baldomir managed to beat the #1 welterweight in the world as well as a Top 10 welterweight in Gatti? Baldomir has no speed and poor power. But he is one of the most fundamentally sound fighters in boxing who also has a great chin and heart. But a chin and heart can only get you so far, and it alone certainly can't get you an undisputed championship.

Micky Ward also had chin and heart, but he wasn't technically great, which is why he got outboxed by Gatti in all of their fights and barely pulled out a win in their first fight.
    test
  17. ~OMagic~

Baldomir got incredibly LUCKY and you know it. If he were to fight Zab again he would lose.

He BARELY beat Zab when they fought, he won 6-7 rounds. Zab didnt prepare for the fight, Zab was clearly looking forward to the Mayweather fight and he underestimated Baldomir.

Thats the ONLY reason Baldomir has a name right now, he should thank Zab Judah. Thats why he lost his title as quickly as he gained it.
    test
  18. dun dun dun dun

Don't act as if this was the first time Zab came into the ring unprepared and underestimated his opponent. He's done this frequently and racked up a string of knockouts in the process.

With how slow Baldomir is, Judah could've been able to get drunk at a party, come to the ring, and still whoop Baldomir's ass. But chin and heart can only get you so far. Which is why Baldomir beat Judah and why Judah boxed circles around someone like Micky Ward.
    test
  19. ~OMagic~

Fuck outa here man, Baldomir got lucky as fuck and you know it.

Manny Stewart said it best.
    test
  20. dun dun dun dun

He got lucky in the fact that he got the decision in a fight that could've gone either way.

But an unprepared Judah should've murdered Baldomir, lucky or not. I still can't believe how childish you look by refusing to give Baldomir any credit.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.