"HATTON wants FLOYD? Sign the contract!" - Team Mayweather

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by ~OMagic~, Jun 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dun dun dun dun

dun dun dun dun New Member

I'm not. He is a great boxer who possesses good fundamentals. But you're saying that he's the most technically sound boxer ever, which isn't true. I'm just pointing out some flaws in his style that other boxers could easily exploit if it weren't for Floyd's lightning speed.
    test
  2. ~OMagic~

~OMagic~ Well-Known Member

Haha Myke Sean knows it. He sounds like hes describing Roy Jones.

I got a question for you dun dun.

What is more fundamentally sound?

(1) Using your athletic ability to throw combinations while risking getting hit by the naturally bigger man?

or

(2) Realizing you are the far smaller man, sticking to your game plan and taking your shots when they are open?
    test
  3. MyKe SeaN

MyKe SeaN Paula Deen is my hero.

No my friend, you're sounding like you've never boxed and never been educated.

lol@Mayweather running in his past 2 fights. Did you even watch the De La Hoya fight? Mayweather faught De la Hoya in the CENTER OF THE RING. The Center of the Ring was Mayweather's kill zone. Everytime De La Hoya faught Floyd in the middle of the ring he would get popped and look confused.

The art of Boxing is To HIT and not get HIT!

I guess you thought Ali ran all the time too.
    test
  4. dun dun dun dun

I've been a longtime fan of Mayweather and I still am a fan. But I have the ability to look at everything as a whole. Now answer me this, you actually think that if Mayweather had Baldomir's speed and power, with his shoulder roll defense, he could actually win an undisputed championship? Please...
    test
  5. ~OMagic~

WOWWW @ Baldomir being compared to those guys... SPECIALLY Hopkins. That must have been a typo.

And I didnt complain about Paulie being moved to #5. I thought Ring should have been had him ranked.

But according to you, you are the man until you get beat. Paulie didnt not beat all the guys he leapfrogged.

That was just another example of people moving up and down Rings rankings without even stepping into the ring.
    test
  6. ~OMagic~

I'm not sure what Mayweather would have done if he didnt have "insert trait".

Is that honestly what your arguement has gotten to now??

Are we really about to play the whole "If Iverson had Shaq..." game??
    test
  7. MyKe SeaN

The flaws you pointed out were retarded. Mayweather has great defense. He can't help it that he's faster than most.

According to well known boxing analyst and historians, Floyd is the most technically sound boxer ever next to Sugar Ray Robinson. Thats a FACT!
    test
  8. MyKe SeaN

lol@If Iverson had Shaq's....." Thats where he's going with it.

I guess If Foreman had Ali's endurance he would've won the Fight. Get the fuck outta here!!!
    test
  9. dun dun dun dun

Ali would actually throw combinations. Mayweather hasn't been doing that the past 2 fights when he has the skills and ability to do it. Mayweather throws a jab, backs off, circles around the ring, throws another jab. He basically potshots his way around the ring and towards victory.
    test
  10. dun dun dun dun

Again, if you knew anything about boxing, you would know that Lopez, Charles, Louis are way more highly regarded than someone like Hopkins. Regardless, Baldomir shares the same style as those fighters, though he never possessed the physical tools that they did.

And you are the man until you get beat. The man refers to the champion, who is Hatton. He hasn't been defeated yet. Now is that hard to understand?
    test
  11. dun dun dun dun

Is it really that difficult to understand my point?

Ali and Jones were awful fundamentally, but they had tremendous athleticism. Mayweather possesses both great fundamentals as well as tremendous athleticism. But he has some flaws in his defense that relies solely on his athleticism, which could be exploited as he gets older and slows down.
    test
  12. dun dun dun dun

LOL. Who are these well-known boxing analysts and historians? Get a clue, dumbass.
    test
  13. MyKe SeaN

Okay, Hatton can be the man@ 140 but Mayweather is THE MAN IN BOXING!

List the top 5 fighters at 140 for me.....

140 is just a filler weight division anyway. Its one of the division where people like Mayweather spend transitions periods before they go to the more deeper divisions. Hatton will never have that great of a Legacy if he tries to spend his whole career at 140. Quit fooling yourself.
    test
  14. MyKe SeaN

Ever heard of Bert Sugar or Tony Atlas??? You're sounding real retarded now.
    test
  15. MyKe SeaN

So all of a sudden Mayweather possesses great fundamentals???? Quit flip flopping...
    test
  16. dun dun dun dun

Pryor, Tszyu, Cervantes, Locche, Chavez. Not in any specific order.
    test
  17. dun dun dun dun

They've never said such things. Sugar is in love with old-school fighters and would not give that much credit to Mayweather. And Atlas always rips on Mayweather. Stop bullshitting.
    test
  18. MyKe SeaN

^^Are you serious? Where were you at when they were praising him before the Oscar fight.
    test
  19. dun dun dun dun

When I said that Baldomir had better fundamentals than Mayweather, you and OMagic overreact and assume I mean that Mayweather is terrible fundamentally.

I never said that. Mayweather has great fundamentals, though not as much as guys like Baldomir, Juan Diaz, Ivan Calderon, etc. Mayweather does have a few flaws in his defense that could be exposed, but he has lightning speed to help cover that up.
    test
  20. dun dun dun dun

You mean the fight where Atlas picked De La Hoya to beat Mayweather?
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.