"HATTON wants FLOYD? Sign the contract!" - Team Mayweather

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by ~OMagic~, Jun 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dun dun dun dun

dun dun dun dun New Member

I said that? Of course it would mean something, but it would not be as impressive as Mayweather beating Hatton for Hatton's championship at 140. I don't know why you're giving me such an attitude though. Stop with this childish bullshit.
    test
  2. MyKe SeaN

MyKe SeaN Paula Deen is my hero.

The Welterweight Champion of the World sounds a lot better than the Jr. Welterweight Champion of the World.

Hatton wants what Floyd has just like Roy Jones wanted what Ruiz Had

Hatton is the challenger..Remember that!
    test
  3. dun dun dun dun

As opposed to holding it based on the rankings of the WBC/WBA/IBF/WBO?

It's not a matter of Ring recognizing who is the champion and who isn't. Would you agree that the winner between the top two fighters in a division is the champion? And would you agree that the champion who emerges remains the champion unless someone beats him? It's really not that hard to understand...

Sure, the Ring's rankings aren't perfect. But they're the most legitimate source we have to discerning who a real champion is so that's the source that I use.

Agree with you on that one.

Can you provide any examples of this? Another thing that belts serve good for is making money for the very people who are ruining boxing...

It doesn't say anything because Mayweather was never the Ring Champion at 140.

This is true, but Hatton would catch major flack for this, by both boxing fans and Ring Magazine.

I don't really know what you're trying to argue, but yeah. Hatton never lost his championship in the ring at 140, so he still keeps it. I thought that Ring should've stripped him for moving to welterweight, but oh well. It's not that big of a deal.
    test
  4. ~OMagic~

~OMagic~ Well-Known Member

The fuck??

You are off on some other shit today.

Mayweather has the shoulder roll damn near perfected. The fuck @ "He leans a little bit too far"

"Yo that game winner you hit was clutch, but it needed slightly more backspin to be 100% on point"

Stop praising Baldomir.

Dudes get hyped over him cuz of that "Cinderella" story they tried to paint him as. Basically hes a hardworking, hardnosed journeyman who luckily fought Judah at the perfect time.

People hyped him over his Judah victory, but he BARELY won the fight.

Scorecards read - 115-113 115-112 114-113

Please explain to me how Baldomir is so fundamentally sound. What does he do that is so fundamentally sound??

Baldomir is just a hardworking fighter that keeps on coming.

Floyd is far more fundamentally sound, and Floyd is by far the best fighter mentally. Are you forgetting that Floyd ISNT the hardest hitter, ISNT the biggest guy, ISNT the fastest (lol hes pretty close to it). You making Mayweather seem like Zab Judah or somebody who is basically all physical ability, no mental ability.
    test
  5. ~OMagic~

I throw out all belts, including the ring championship. Because until somebody holds all 235125 belts there is ALWAYS gonna be somebody like you to say "Well he didnt have the such and such belt".

It boils down to common sense, Floyd is the man Hatton is the challenger.

You are beating THE MAN, you are not beating THE BELT or THE SCALE. At this point in his career the belts mean nothing. Its about beating the top names. A belt is nothing more than something to get your name recognized. Floyd has done that.

And Mayweather was never the ring champ at 140 cuz the ring champ said "Im not ready"

How you gonna be the champ and not be ready??

And if im correct the ring championship is not always awarded to the man who beats the man.

Carlos Baldomir was not the ring champ even though he beat the man.

So once again I tell you, the ring magazine is not always 100%. At times it can be just as corrupt as the real sanctioning bodies.
    test
  6. dun dun dun dun

Fundamentally sound means you have great fundamentals and economy of movement that doesn't rely on physical gifts and can carry you way past your prime.

Robinson, McCallum, Moore, Ezzard Charles, Jersey Joe Walcott, Joe Louis, Barrera, Hopkins, Toney, Ricardo Lopez... these are brilliant technicians.

Mayweather has some excellent fundamentals, but there's also some stuff he does that's not kosher technically. Like leaning back with his shoulder roll defense or pulling back from punches in the midst of counterpunching. Without those lightning reflexes, he'd a been out of there long ago.

Baldomir had Zab really hurt and beat down Gatti just as bad Mayweather did.

He keeps his hands up better, got better head movement, more feints, more repertoire of punches, great foot placement, can change styles, solid defense when he's not all out attacking, never pulls back from punches and always rolls under them.

Baldomir just doesn't have too much speed, leg movement or awesome power. He got to where he is on overlooked technical brilliance and a never-say-give-up attitude. I would advise boxers starting out to watch Baldomir to learn what good boxing is all about. I would not advise anyone to copy someone like Mayweather.

But he could improve his punching form though.
    test
  7. ~OMagic~

"Can you provide any examples of this? Another thing that belts serve good for is making money for the very people who are ruining boxing..."

Winky Wright was #2 on their P4P list for a while, then all of a sudden he dropped, now hes all the way down to #5.
    test
  8. ~OMagic~

Baldomir is nowhere near Floyd fundamentally. Baldomir stands right in front of you and walks right towards you. That is not fundamental at all. His defense is average at best, dude can be hit whenever you want to hit him. He just had a solid chin.
    test
  9. ~OMagic~

And as badly as he had Zab hurt, he only won 6-7 rounds of that fight.
    test
  10. dun dun dun dun

If the fight is at 147, then Mayweather's the man. If the fight's at 140, then Hatton's the man. At either weight, Floyd would call the shots in terms of contract terms, but that doesn't take away the fact that Hatton's still the man at 140.

I agree, and I'm aware that Hatton's management twice rejected a Mayweather offer.

Baldomir was the Ring and lineal champion... why do you think Mayweather is now the same?

I agree, an incident involving heavyweight rankings really tarnished the Ring's credibility in the 1970's, but since then there have not been any major issues with its rankings.
    test
  11. dun dun dun dun

I remember I was posting the same thing here a few months ago about how angry I was at Ring for dropping Wright to #5. But is that the only example you have?
    test
  12. dun dun dun dun

Do you know what fundamentally sound means? It's all about the economy of movement that doesn't rely on physical gifts and can carry you way past your prime. I already stated why Baldomir is the better technical fighter.

And all you can come up with is that Baldomir walks right towards you? Come on.

Imagine if Mayweather had Baldomir's speed and punching power. No way in hell he ever wins a championship, let along a title.
    test
  13. MyKe SeaN

Are you serious Dun Dun?!??!??!??!??!??!

lol@Baly being more fundamentally sound than Mayweather. Dude can barely defend against an elementary Jab. His defense isnt all that great. He doesn't put punches together. He swings wide.. He lacks head movement and his footwork is terrible. He has a really good chin, decent power and a great heart. Thats about it. He's just another Cotto.

The art of boxing is to Hit and Not get hit.

If you want your students to get KO'd in the ring, then yea, tell them to watch Baldy..

But if you want them to be successful then you need to tell them to watch Mayweather.

I'm starting to get the feeling that you're jealous of Mayweather.

Bert Sugar and Teddy Atlas would spit in your face if you said this same shit to them. You're beyond Ignorant
    test
  14. dun dun dun dun

Yeah, but Zab's natural abilities is lightyears above what Baldomir had to offer and the fight still could've gone either way. That's solid fundamentals.
    test
  15. ~OMagic~

You are starting to sound like you dont know boxing. Go ahead and teach people at the gym how to fight like Baldomir and you will have a gym fool of losers.

I could go all day on examples from Ring Magazine, but It shouldnt be neccessary. You should know that anything that isnt decided in the ring can be fucked up.

I like Paulie, but he was unranked by Ring. He beats Ndou, then campaigns in an interview to be ranked.

All of a sudden hes ranked like 5th.

You telling me thats fair to leapgrof everyone by beating NDOU?
    test
  16. MyKe SeaN

NO! Baldy had what Zab didnt and thats Determination!
    test
  17. dun dun dun dun

All Mayweather has done in his past 2 fights is run around the ring and potshot his way to victory. He has the skill and ability to really put some killer combinations together, but for whatever reason he doesn't do it.

Baldomir's punching form and footwork could be improved on, but his foot placement is excellent and the subtle moves in does on defense is also very sound.

I guess you've never boxed before?
    test
  18. ~OMagic~

Honestly, dude lost me when he said Baldomir was more fundamentally sound than Mayweather.

Thats the reason Mayweather has so many haters. Because he can say whatever he wants, but once hes in that ring hes a completely different person. So technical, so fundamental. He sticks to the game plan and executes perfectly.

You sound like you are describing Roy Jones more than Floyd. Roy is somebody who wasnt fundamental and he paid for it with age.
    test
  19. MyKe SeaN

Dun Dun...why are you acting like Mayweather is living off of his athleticism...He's a great boxer. You would have an easier time arguing that Roy Jones Jr and Jermaine Taylor are not fundamentally sound and live off of their physical and athletic abilities... Mayweather does everything RIGHT in the ring.
    test
  20. dun dun dun dun

Your boxing knowledge is honestly very limited. Baldomir's style is fighting is on par with boxers like Hopkins, Ricardo Lopez, Ezzard Charles, Joe Louis, etc. Yeah, they were some real bums, weren't they?

No complaints from me. Malignaggi was a question mark coming into the N'dou fight and he answered his critics. Where do you think Malignaggi should rank? It's not like 140 is a stacked division or anything.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.