"HATTON wants FLOYD? Sign the contract!" - Team Mayweather

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by ~OMagic~, Jun 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ~OMagic~

~OMagic~ Well-Known Member

Ellerbe: "Hatton, Want Floyd? Sign The Contract!"
    By Mark Vester

In a recent interview conducted by BoxingScene's Tim Smith in his NY Daily News Column, Leonard Ellerbe, the adviser of Floyd Mayweather, Jr., said that if Ricky Hatton really wants to fight Floyd, all he needs to do is sign the contract.

Ellerbe said the trash talking games are over, Mayweather is tired of Hatton always taking shots at him in the press, and says the two sides can get together and make the fight this week. Hatton has been baiting Mayweather with comments in the press for the last few years, and the baiting appears to have finally paid off.

"He got Floyd's attention. Now we're calling his bluff," Leonard Ellerbe said. "All he has to do is make a deal and he'll have his chance to back up all that talk. All that's standing between him and Floyd is air and opportunity. We can make the deal this week. He's very, very disrespectful. He's trying to promote himself off Floyd's name. When we make the deal we'll show the world why he's the most overrated fighter of this decade. Floyd has never taken any fight personally. But he's taking this personally. Floyd is going to kick his butt."

Ellerbe said that Team Mayweather was far from impressed by Hatton's recent fourth-round knockout of Jose Luis Castillo at the Thomas and Mack Center. Following the win, Hatton took another verbal jab at Mayweather.

"He said he only wants to fight the best - then sign the contract. Floyd's going to show all his fans in Britain just what a phony he is," Ellerbe said.

Yessir... LETSSSSS GET IT.

Let's go Ricky, sign the contract.
    test
  2. MyKe SeaN

MyKe SeaN Paula Deen is my hero.

I like Hatton but he's gonna really be outclassed against Floyd. He really hasn't proved himself at 147.
    test
  3. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

test
  4. Purple Haze

Purple Haze pop warner hof

Interesting.
    test
  5. ~OMagic~

Also, Felix Trinidad and his advisors met with Don King and his advisors in P. Rico to talk about a return fight in January at a minimum of 160 lbs. They will meet again in August to get more serious about things.

The possible opponents were Jermain Taylor, Roy Jones Jr and Floyd Mayweather.

Floyd has said in the past that he would fight Tito at 160.
    test
  6. dun dun dun dun

dun dun dun dun New Member

Mayweather isn't going to fight Tito.

And you can bet that Mayweather's contract to Hatton will probably be either 80/20 or 70/30 in favor of Mayweather, so I doubt Hatton will accept. It would be nice to watch them come to a compromise, though.
    test
  7. MyKe SeaN

Hatton would want 50/50 i bet..lol
    test
  8. ~OMagic~

Hatton deserves at the very best a 65-35 split
    test
  9. MyKe SeaN

test
  10. kyza soza

kyza soza This way up.

Mayweather can be the last person to talk of that.

EDIT: any chance of floyd making 140?
    test
  11. ~OMagic~

Floyd entered the ring at 148 vs. Oscar... thats his normal weight. around 147-150. He doesnt have to cut weight for fights. So I'm sure if he had to cut some weight he could easily make 140.

But theres no chance the fight is at 140, everything is gonna be on Mayweathers terms if this goes down
    test
  12. MyKe SeaN

Hatton is better off fighting Hatton at 147. Hatton wouldn't be able to catch Floyd and 140
    test
  13. dun dun dun dun

The fight should take place at 140. It would be another great accomplishment in Floyd's resume. 4 world championships from 130 to 147.
    test
  14. ~OMagic~

Floyd already has captured the world championship at

Fighting him at 140 for the IBO does nothing to his resume. He's won the "Official Belt" the WBC at each of those lsited weight classes.

If Hatton wants Floyd then he has to come up in weight, just like Floyd did for Oscar.
    test
  15. Ethan Albright

Ethan Albright New Member

lol...Floyd just wants another easy fight from a big name.

Nobody at this point in boxing is even close to Floyd's level though. He shouldn't be faulted for being Godly.
    test
  16. dun dun dun dun

Floyd was never the true champ at 140 or 154.

At junior welterweight and junior middleweight, Mayweather did nothing but capture an ABC belt.
    test
  17. R3flex

R3flex Smackin Ya Manses

This is gonna be great. I doubt Hatton will ever sign a contract unless he can milk every single cent from what he knows would be his first loss, and we all know Mayweather isn't going to offer him anything, why should he?

Either way, no matter the split, Mayweather for the win.
    test
  18. ~OMagic~

He won the WBC which is the belt that is the most highly regarded. Hatton was only considered the man at 140 cuz he beat Kostya Tszyu.

Fighting Hatton at 140 does nothing for Floyds career. He's already the guy to beat, and hes been the guy to beat at every weight class hes been at. Hatton has to chase him.
    test
  19. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

Floyd needs to fight Shane Mosley, forget about Hatton.
    test
  20. ~OMagic~

Also about my last post.

Once Floyd demolished Gatti he wanted Cotto and Hatton, but they claimed they werent ready, so he moved on to welterweight.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.