haters of advertising = haters of freedom

Discussion in 'IntroSpectrum' started by teq the decider, Jan 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anidawehi

Anidawehi "-----"

This type of capitalistic brainwashing propaganda shit irritates the fuck outta me.

Buncha goddamn vultures. Pretend to promote freedom while doing absolutely EVERYTHING to destroy it.

"We're going to go after the terrorists because Osama hit up the World Trade Center, who's for us!!!?"

(1 Year Later)

"I'm not really concerned about Osama, he's just not a concern of mine. We have to get Saddam out of office."

(Couple years later)

*Saddam is hanged and the war continues on in Iraq*

Why?
    Who the fuck knows, they don't even feel they have to explain themselves to the people. What is for sure is that it isn't about freedom and it sure the fuck aint about terrorism.

"We're going to stop the terrorists. Why? Because they hate America because America is free!"

(Couple years later)

"We need to pass the Patriot Act because the terrorists hate freedom!"

How many of you numbskulls actually read Patriot Act? We're giving up freedom to preserve our freedom (supposedly). [funny]

Buncha dumb fuckin idiots.
    A nation filled to the brim with stupid ass people being played by both Right and Left Wings who are nothing more than illusions of opposing views.
    Nothing can get accomplished in our system. It's not possible. Capital rules this country, not politicians. Politicians have to answer to the Capitalists who fund their parties. It's such a scrambled up mess that there is no way to fix it.

X is right.
    There is only one solution and it will happen eventually.
    It's going to be a fucked up situation all the way around when it goes down too.
    test
  2. Anidawehi

Anidawehi "-----"

Capital will win.

People don't want freedom. They want the illusion of freedom. Huxley figured it out back in the 30's and Teq (though he is a stupid fuck and has bought into the illusion as well), is right about one thing. Capital will win out and people will accept their version of freedom. Everybody else will be criticized for a few generations. Hell, they've already begun Eugenics. [funny] The people who disagree will be labeled by a "singular word" which will be vague as fuck (kinda like the word "terrorist" today) and the government will stir the people up for a long period of time (just like they have been) and people's brains will go on strike (just like they currently are) and the Capitalists will instill yet another new fear in their heads of people who are different from the norm. Psychiatry will be the religion, Science will be the authority and Government will be global.

Muslims will be the last group to resist and they'll be butchered.

Time will pass and ALL of the morals and religions will become a thing of history books. People will look back on it as if it were some sort of Ancient superstition. A few hundred years will pass and then sometime way down the road, man will be doing his Space Travel bullshit and he'll piss off other beings far more advanced and human beings will be damn near destroyed (aside from the few who actually still act and think like human beings and not robots born to consume).

Ahhhh

Why bother. People don't want to fight for shit anymore. Buncha fuckin cowards. That's alright, we'll all be back time and again. Fighting the same stupid ass battles and wars forever. The same wars being fought within us between red and white blood cells are being faught by mankind (who are similar to red and white blood cells within our Universe.
    test
  3. teq the decider

teq the decider sexual predator

Jesus christ youre fucking dumb. I appreciate that you know absolutely nothing about capitalism and are thusly at something of a disadvantage when commenting on it but common sense alone should inform you that what you said is pure bullshit. If you are either only a buyer or a seller then how does he who only buys get the resources to actually buy anything and if you only sell how exactly do you manage to house, clothe and most importantly feed yourself?

In capitalism you are typically both a buyer and a seller. A waiter sells his labour to buy what he desires or needs.(the exception being to live a life of total self dependency or exist upon the charity of others). Capitalism is simply allowing individuals to do whatever they choose with what they produce.

Honestly dude, stay in the shallow end. Your water wings arent bouyant enough to play water polo with god.
    test
  4. Anidawehi

Anidawehi "-----"

[funny] @ You tryin to talk down at me

You're a silly fuck

People buy shit by working. If you own your own business then YES you are both buyer and seller but MOST people don't own their own business. They work for a company who sells and then they use their money to buy. They are by definition a buyer.

I know you can grasp that.

You're such a fuckin jackass. You know that what you're sayin is total fuckin bullshit. If you don't you're the dumbest son of a bitch on this site.
    test
  5. Anidawehi

Anidawehi "-----"

Still, that isn't the fuckin point. Freedom is not "having the right to consume and sell so that you can consume more."

Buyers and Sellers are BOTH buyers. Sellers just buy more expensive shit from other sellers. It's all a huge fuckin game that goes nowhere. It's pointless and you're too goddamn dumb to see it while having the audacity to say that I'm in the shallow end???

Fuck outta here, dork.
    You couldn't buy a clue.
    test
  6. identity-X

identity-X No Talent Assclown

and I'm simply pointing out the population to which you are referring is infinitesimally small and consists of a handful of hippy white kids with Che shirts, dreads and hemp purses.

lord knows the next step in your tirade was to paint a picture of everyone on the left as adhering to this line of thinking, which has never been the case...even less so since before you were born
    test
  7. identity-X

BINGO!

Teq's right...you're usually both a buyer or seller (most of us buy goods and sell work).

BUT, short of stealing everything in sight, if you want to live in a capitalist society you don't have the freedom to do neither. you're still bound within a system.

dropping out doesn't have to involve dependency in the old capitalist system. it could involve the creation of a new system (rather a "different" system) of self- or communal-suffiency.
    test
  8. teq the decider

You are simply lying. The hostility to advertising, to greater and lesser extents, can be seen expressed all over the left.
    test
  9. teq the decider

its less a case of being bound within a system and more a case of being bound within reality. If you want to live there are basically three options available to you:

1. to produce a)what you need/want or far more commonly b)something to exchange for the various things you need/want

2. To rely on others to give you what you need/want

3. To steal what you need/want

Of these options capitalism prohibits only the third. You dont need a change of system to live a communalist existence. All you need is the genuine desire to do so, something most of its self professed advovates lack.
    test
  10. teq the decider

You say im trying to talk down to you as if I had any choice but to do just that. Im smarter than you to a considerable degree. Deep down you must know that.

If you need any help in realising this perhaps observe the quoted post and your obliviousness to the reality that 'work' is the sale of labour even though id already informed you of the fact in the post youre responding to. Alternatively re-read my opening post and then your attempt to rebuke it by simply restating the sophisms I had confuted in it.
    test
  11. MC Bill Buckner

MC Bill Buckner New Member

can someone please ip ban anidawahi
    test
  12. identity-X

because i don't see it i'm lying? sorry for not noticing the hordes of people marching in the streets in Washington or in London because they think advertising turns people into zombies.

like I said before, even the people who DO have issues with advertising recognize the power of the active audience that receives these messages. any beef they do have rarely has to do with the belief that Coke is going to make everyone drink a cola with every meal.

as long as you recognize that, at the same time, it's not the only system that allows for the use of option 1 and 2 for survival then sure...i'll bite...
    test
  13. Anidawehi

Anidawehi "-----"

1. I'm done debating anything with you Teq. Nothing is ever accomplished because your head is far too deep up your own ass for you to smell the roses. Every word out of your mouth is inverted and worthless. I'm not wasting anymore of my time on you.
    Peace

2. Who the fuck is Holla?

I see why all the people that belong in the Spec stopped posting in the Spec.
    test
  14. Leila Night

Leila Night efrain,you're my one&only

Anidawehi, what is this "solution" you keep mentioning?

Teq, you're a mofo, but I'm sure you know that.
    test
  15. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

As m.onkey's we should discuss minimum wage, I vote for a new thread on that subject. Because I'ma pretty pissed off m.onkey right about now on that issue.

Agruing adversting? When we got problems like Minimum wage increase?
    You're not going to stop the heavy influx of drones hasten for spefic products.
    Unless that product fails or fades out and is replaced by another new product.
    little common sense goes along way.

Some of you have NO IDEA how the real world works, Because your not in it, Your reply's tell me that much. You're either still in school or mommy and daddy are paying for everthing.

Minimum wage increase works like this...

Walmart's the Big pink elephat in everybodies room (more on that in my conclusion.) These democrats raise the minium wage from 5.15 to 7.25 an hour which is roundly 15,000 dollars a fiscal year. The employee screams and shouts with glee, "WHOOPIE" What this lower middle class labourer doesn't understand is his service wage maybe increased but there is also an inflation on goods, Which means the Owner of the store has a choice to make Number.1) Raise prices on Goods. Number 2.) cut workers hours (but who's hours to cut? sue anns, mother of five kids or tammy, mother of three kid? Or how about Rob, whose wife has cancer?) Number 3.) Loses money By ignoring number 2, or has to fire people just to keep his bussniess running. Now, for my example I'll state my Bussiness decided to go with Number 1.) Which is to higher the Prices on goods to make up for his loses on the increased federal wage for services. Now, the poor lower middle-class labourer is still over come by feelings of exhilarated wage increase, What he doesn't understand do to his lack of education and reading of uninformativity on the federal minimum wage increase matter is that he will now have to pay more on his goods than he did before at 5.15 an hour. But the Lower middle classes problem of spending more for his goods does not stop there, He must also fit that increase into his yearly Budget?

(e.g person's budget)
    Car Insurence - 500 dollars a month.
    phone bill service - 100 dollars a month.
    amount owed on credit card - 600 dollars.
    gas bill - 100 dollars a month.
    electric bill - 150 dollars a month.
    water bill - 200 dollars a month.
    mortgage on the house - payback 200 each month
    1,000 dollar Lawyer fee - 100 each month.
    gasoline prices fluxating erratically at 20 cents every tuesday (i've been watching it.) Gasoline can run you any where between 10 - 20 dollars a week depending on how far you drive everyday to work or how often you just drive.
    Grocery bill - 150 dollars. (depending where you shop, or what shop is at your exposal, how much you like to eat, and what you like to eat all effect the bills out come.)

That's just a few budget issues some people go through. And it's from a non-married males prospective, the minimum wage increase doesn't help it burdens. The Lower middle class labourer is consumed in higer price necessity that he has allocated all his time and dollar wroth toward it, there is no money left over to allocate into his Leisure Time. My conclusion, franchises like Walmart are only care about the public relations, they do care if they lower prices on goods while small bussiness owners have to higher prices on goods.

Which begs the question, is the raise in federal minimum wage not only to screw the lower middle class people, but also the intent to put little bussiness owners out of existants for complete dominance?
    test
  16. Leila Night

Leila Night efrain,you're my one&only

The federal minium wage will only be increased if small business gets a tax break. Or so Bush claims.
    test
  17. MC Bill Buckner

who am i? i am a casual observer who has been on this website since 2000 and i occassionally chimes in with my opinion. you happen to be extremely annoying. i will put you on ignore. do the same for me. problem solved.

the people who belong in "the spec" ? not you. get over yourself. take a break and read the obnoxious things you write. start from the very begining before you changed your name to this and attempted to fit in with a new crowd. we all liked to make fun of you back when you put up pictures of your girlfriend and tried to explain why you were better than everyone. life was so much more simple back then. next thing you know, you find wikipedia and pretend to be knowledgeable.

you get lucky, new people come, old people go, next thing you know your world of lies becomes truth, oh the crazy internet.

you're not special. you're not different. you're not enlightened.
    i treat this website like an interactive pick a path adventure book and you happen to be the parts no one enjoys reading.
    test
  18. identity-X

ps...

many large corporations could still profit quite a large sum if the minimum wage raises. more than enough to keep the business out of the red and enough to keep the fat cats comfy in their homes valued at 7 digits.

they'd raise prices so they could maintain the level of profit they are now making...not because they weren't profitting at all
    test
  19. MC Bill Buckner

in a nutshell, your suggestion is to raise the minimum wage and then make everything more expensive?

i'm with you on raising the minimum wage, sort of, so lets just go with that part. i make plenty more than the mimimum wage so it doesnt impact me in a meaningful way on a personal level, however for the sake of appearing humane i'll go with it...

as a business owner i will
    1: go to my HR department and pull the file on all people who have just received a bump in pay
    2: review their work output
    3: fire enough people to even out my payroll to pre-raise total
    4: squeeze more efficiency out of my employees by utilizing my technology and managerial skills
    5: continue to fire people as i chop off all the low hanging fruit/issues within my company (im being vague) and increase the overall efficiency of my workers, through automation, better resources, etc.
    6: hire more skilled labor at a wage above minimum, presumably to have 1 person who is more skilled do the work of many

on a very personal level, lowering or raising the minimum wage level doesnt change anything for the people i employ, if anything it makes it worse for them
    test
  20. Anidawehi

Anidawehi "-----"

In its time.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.