Has anybody used the M-Audio Trigger Drumpad?

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by R-Tistic, Sep 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. R-Tistic

R-Tistic Your favorite DJ

I saw it for the first time this week at Guitar Center. I figured they had somethin like it but I had never seen it. Has anybody used it or played around on one? How does it respond? Is it worth the $200 it costs? For the last three years, I've been usin .wavs as drums, and I don't use drum maps or anything so I've been having to copy n paste the drums, versus hitting the pads on a drumpad or keys on a synth, so I think it's time for somethin different.
    test
  2. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

its not bad I have the mpd16 but Ive used both and they have their advantages and disadvantages. I personally find the pads to be alil too soft and the trigger finger being a lil bigger than what Id want to travel with. but the Mpd pads are harder they feel like the pads off of the mv8000 just not as thick and the mpd isnt as responsive as the trigger finger. the TF wouldnt be a bad purchase if u really need a pad controller tho
    test
  3. WillieK

WillieK New Member

midi drum pads is stupid,
    midi drum kit is wat u need if u want to do ur drum soundz wit teh rite feel and live-ish

a regular midi keyboards can shit on the drum pad too
    test
  4. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

^i dunno i hate doin drums on keys i love it on my drum pads but ur right a midi drum set is best. Ive played with a few a few times and absoluetly loved it nothin else like it but they are expensive as all hell and not portable. For anyone on the move alot or not a drummer it may cause some issues. But ur right thats definately the way to go if u want the best drums period.
    test
  5. Ejuhcaited

Ejuhcaited ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Jus Blaze did "hovi baby" on a MPC4000...and had even real drummers fooled, thinkin it was all live...
    test
  6. Fro$tyTheGreat

Fro$tyTheGreat The Head Honcho

sure did
    test
  7. R-Tistic

I donno how to do much of anything regardin drum kits usin MIDI. Is it anything cheaper than the Trigger Finger (2000) that works the same way? Do you have to install a program for it to work?
    test
  8. Premize Prod

Premize Prod aka reggie kush

first off. willie K is an idiot. that ³³³³³ dont know wtf he talkin about.

i HAVE and USE the m-audio trigger drum pad. its great. i dont have any complaints. its better than using your midi keyboard for drums. gives you more of a live drum feel. wat willie k is talking about is idiot. dont even listen to him.
    test
  9. datN!GGAeDouble

datN!GGAeDouble Lil Havana Representa

i like it a lot...i was usin it w/ fruity n it worked good...ive had reason for like THREE weeks now n still cant figure out how to set it up to work w/ reason, although my midi keyboard works just fine lol
    test
  10. Embassy Sweetz

Embassy Sweetz 360's thee-shit,-b

i still dont see wats so bad about usin a regular midi keyboard which can do BOTH instead of spending extra cash for a one trick pony...
    test
  11. Fro$tyTheGreat

Fro$tyTheGreat The Head Honcho

^bingo
    test
  12. R-Tistic

How do I set it up to where I can do that? I have heard you can do it but I just don't know how to.
    test
  13. Embassy Sweetz

Embassy Sweetz 360's thee-shit,-b

depends on the program/interface u usin..iono how to hook shit up in FL but i kno wif u have the midi keyboard hooked up to a rack ..u str8..jsut scroll through the sounds and u got all ya isntruments...
    test
  14. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

for me personally it made drums so much easier and alive and i just hate doin drums on keys i dont feel the same flexibility due to where the keys lie that i do with my mpd
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.