Hardly any movie captures my attention..

Discussion in 'Movies, Entertainment & Various Music Genres' started by GaLaTeA, Aug 26, 2013.

1. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

...could say the same with the vast majority of tv series, reality shows, documentaries, etc.

Even shows like Archer or Suits I'll find too bland and repeptitive for my liking.
    test
  2. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

Except for Veronica Mars? :scared:
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  3. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

i pretty much dislike everything thats on TV. I think tv is so stupid. I do have one and its on a lot, but im not watching it, its background noise for me while i do homework.... i think thats what made me start to dislike it so much, because ill be doing homework and all i can hear in the background is some annoying conversation on some sitcom... like fucking sheldon whining... got that irritates me when doing homework.... hahah. But if i turned the channel everytime something annoying happens id be flipping through the channels constantly... so my tv stays on 3-4 channels.... Natgeo(when its not ceasar milan or tuna fisherman), discovery(when its not old doomsday show re-runs), comedy(when its not some annoying unfunny standup comedian, which it is 90% of the time), and history(when its not some weak ass reality show about using metal detectors or searching through old barns)
    my tv hasnt been below channel 40 in over a year. I dislike all dramas, 99% of sitcoms, pretty much all reality shows, and news is too negative

that Tommy Tiernan comedian drives me fuckin nuts.... he screamtalks during every show hes ever had... i mention him because he stands out... always fucking yelling.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  4. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Haven't watched that in ages - recently stumbled upon the movie trailer via youtube.

But yeah.. :funny:
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  5. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Yup..

For me it was the long commercial breaks that killed it, plus the evening news being shit. Once dvds came out it was easy just going out & buying them, now I'll find streams and try to watch it that way - sadly it's hard finding something enjoyable to watch.
    test
  6. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

li havent seen anything... everyones watching breaking bad, game of thrones, etc etc and they are always so shocked when i tell them i havent seen it. Ill watch movies, i like movies. But generally tv shows are stupid as shit.

and the ones that arent stupid, i just have no urge to ever watch them. They may be good, but i dont feel like im missing out at all. I have too much homework to sit down and watch tv. This stint in Artschool is my second chance at doing what i love and i dont wanna fuck it up. Im constantly watching tutorials, practicing shit, doing homework, rendering, anything but sitting infront of the tv.

if i do take a break its to go outside and enjoy nature. Fuck a tv
    test
  7. AliceHouse

AliceHouse The House Always Wins

Try cartoons. They're simple, fun, and yet can be complex, and heartbreaking. If I didn't have cartoons I'd probably stab myself. I mean... more than I already do.
    test
  8. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

haha cartoons are good mmmkay

one of my favs is Karas, did you ever see that? Its not on tv youll have to rent or buy it.

or the original episode of blood the last vampire, good shit!
    (havent seen the other 25 episodes though :()
    test
  9. AliceHouse

AliceHouse The House Always Wins

I'm not a fan of anime any more. (Though my favorites would be Digimon, Gunslinger Girl, and Airmaster. The last two being more for adults.)
    test
  10. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

ahh well, i do see cartoons on regular Tv. Thats about it though. I havent seen an anime in 3-4yrs lol. I never got into anime. Theres a few i saw that i liked. Like the ones i already mentioned and in addition "ghost in the shell"(original movie didnt see the series) and ninja scroll.... but i really dont like dbz and pikachu or shit like that.

im just agreeing that cartoons are better because theres less of an expectation from them, and thats part of what makes them good to me... (blah blah ramble ramble)

did you ever see the animatics(animated storyboards) to "the incredibles" they are fantastic!
    test
  11. Geedorah

Geedorah King

The only time its good watching tv is at night, rarely any commercials during movie and if there are any they last 10 sec.
    If you need some good movies or tv shows just ask me.
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    test
  12. DaAlmightyDolla

DaAlmightyDolla Greatness

This is actually 1 of the golden ages of tv..sadly not for cinema

this year I can hardly think of anything that stood out. I may have to stick to indie movies.
    test
  13. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

golden age for TV? maybe for 1 or 2 channels, but i wouldnt agree to that "in general"

janitor dads
    realhousewives of montana,Idaho,cali,vegas,newjersey
    metal detector dudes
    pwn stars, pawn champs, pawn men, pawnathon
    big brother
    Janitor dads
    mine diggers
    tuna fishing with angry fishermen
    garbage sifters
    etc etc etc

shits gone all massively retarded man.
    test
  14. DaAlmightyDolla

cant go by channels just shows.....

breaking bad
    boardwalk empire
    mad men
    justified
    game of thrones
    sons of anarchy
    homeland
    the killing
    sherlock
    luthor
    ray donavon(havent watched)
    house of cards(havent watched)
    spartacus(finished)
    the americans(havent watched)
    hannibal(havent watched)
    test
  15. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

which are all on the same basic 1 or 2 channels

which is my point. TV in general has become more shitty than ever.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  16. Geedorah

Geedorah King

I agree with busta.
    test
  17. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

I've been watching a lot of sports docs of late....lotta 30 for 30s plus stuff that I have at the house.
    test
  18. DaAlmightyDolla

Amc, showtime,hbo,fx,bbc, starz, netflix,nbc are more than just 2 channels...
    test
  19. DaAlmightyDolla

I watched a couple. I liked the fab 5 Michigan doc. Jalen>
    test
  20. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

tv sucks shit these days full of stupid pointless crap. Its pretty much unarguable
    test