Had my first live battle last night w/ grind time

Discussion in 'Emcee Hookups' started by Orange407County, Aug 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Orange407County

Orange407County Well-Known Member

wordup. i used to battle like that years ago at parties, different shit like that but never with the grind time structure, just freestyles and bullshit.
    test
  2. ski mask

ski mask The Don

test
  3. Synthesis

Synthesis applied

Lmaoooo yep. I wasn't even notified it was posted, smh I did horrible
    test
  4. J o o k

J o o k Win your battles before they’ve even been fought.

Lmaooooo @ the start

Dude walking up to syn and syn walking up too like what's good nigguh :funny:

Not bad but you got some work to do.

You gotta work on ya body language and you look high or drunk my nigguh

You shoulda kept the shades on lol

The lines were pretty raw just work on that delivery and getting the crowd involved

Was that ya girl with the tats?
    test
  5. J o o k

J o o k Win your battles before they’ve even been fought.

test
  6. Synthesis

Synthesis applied

My girl wasn't there. Lol I was FADED. Drunk, high. I was mad nervous and took it too far where I couldn't focus. I was trying to test dude, they cut some parts too where ills kept telling me to back up. Shit was fun tho
    test
  7. coil grimely

coil grimely Tears textcees to tidbits

I THOUGHT that was the same kat from a few years back
    ...didn't he have friction with Frac ?

Haven't checked out the grindtime vid yet..
    but whether or not you feel you stumbled isn't a big deal,
    many props for just doing ya thing live, man
    test
  8. Ion Metatron

Ion Metatron I Punch Faces 4 Fun

I dunno why I was looking for a like button to click.. Congrats Homie!
    test
  9. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

Eww. Skitt got nasty in the second round. Mostly gibberish the first. But damn, he went in personally. Looked like he hurt your feelings. And you look über-zooted. Like, lazy drunk. Definitely not prepared. Buddy look like he was hitting the jump rope and punching bag pre-battle while you were taking shots.

Good shit. Guts. Good effort. I don't rap, so I don't freestyle. Can't even hate.
    test
  10. Synthesis

Synthesis applied

Really all he had to do was look at fb, which I don't keep no secret, I have on kid with my girl and she has one by another dude who isnt In the picture, I raise them both as my own. But this isn't something I'm ashamed of I'm not some punk running from responsibilities feel me. If u look after the first rd my boy walks up like what u wanna do lol I was like I got this. It's no excuses man, I got too fucked up, couldn't remember my lines everything got mixed up, I had drama prior to the battle cause I brought some attention seeking broad who wanted the night to be about her. Anyway, I was the home team kid, I used to battle on that shop years ago and the owner was real disappointed with how I did. Anyway if your a hip hop fan and u get a chance to attend an event I'd say go, shit is dope. Real sausage feast tho. Lol
    test
  11. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

word. i feel you. i needed no explanation. do you.

he did look sober and focused though, whereas you looked sleepy drunk. i think that was the main difference. otherwise, the only substance worth quoting were his personals about your life and that's simply because it felt personal. the rest was just a bunch of gibberish, but i guess that's what this battling shit has become.

a lot of white guys in the room. looked like an outtake from 8-mile. i just always pictured hip-hop battles with more blacks than whites.
    test
  12. Synthesis

Synthesis applied

Me and the kid Skitt actually pretty cool now lol, he from the same area of jersey
    test
  13. Synthesis

Synthesis applied

Man I had bars tho I just ended up having to freestyle lol.

And about the ethnic thing, they don't show a lot of the heads, but it was more whites, I came deep like 10 people. Most of my people were in the back because the battlers/judges and hosts and shit were close, it isn't a huge spot. I was really aside from one other dude the only one who brought a decent number of people and got embarrassed lol.

Naw but I'm just trying to give perspective
    test
  14. .Mass.

.Mass. 0x RBL Champ.

Syn you good my dude. I'm sure if you were more prepared and less fucked up you would've gave Pauly Shore's little brother the business. That nigga was ass bruh. And his second round all those "personals", all the nigga did was just regurgitate some shit he read and seen from what it sounded like to me. No structure, no scheme, nothin. Nigga like me would've stole him after that tastin my dick shit haha. But no worries bro. You ain't get blown out the water you just fucked up. Like I said ol'boy was trash, you just gotta be A-1 next time. Wait until after the battle to smoke and drink. I made that mistake a few times before performances and ended up drunk on stage slurring my words and talking shit for 15 minutes.
    test
  15. Resilient.

Resilient. .. . ..

Still man, good job. It was your first one. You'll get better with time.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.