H&F Post Your Pic Thread.

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by SinLuciano, Mar 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SinLuciano

SinLuciano El Capitan

N/H but I don't want to take any advice from people who look like Screech, Al Bundy, or Mr. Winslow from Family Matters. Let's go.

[​IMG]

160 lbs.
    285 1RM Bench Press.
    415 1RM Deadlift.

Just started going back to the gym on a regular basis.

I don't take creatine or whey protein but I push myself @ the gym, tbh.
    test
  2. The Steve

The Steve Space monkey I am not

<-Avy

Why would you not use creatine or whey?
    test
  3. SinLuciano

SinLuciano El Capitan

I get pretty good results without them. Plus I've seen dudes who use them lose most of their gains soon after they stop using them. I just eat alot of oatmeal, eggs, peanut butter, grilled chicken, ect ect. protein heavy foods.
    test
  4. The Steve

The Steve Space monkey I am not

You're going to lose "gains" with creatine because the body tends to hold more water weight when using it, but that doesn't change the fact that creatine improves stamina via ATP replenishment and helps transport nutrients into muscle tissue.

As for whey, nothing beats the rush of AA's post workout to accelerate recovery. That and a host of other positive effects- Welcome to Whey Protein.com - Recent Studies

I'm just saying, you might as well use them, they're only going to help.
    test
  5. SinLuciano

SinLuciano El Capitan

I think since I started working while I was downstate and that stuff was expensive in there I was just used to working out without creatine or whey. I'm actually leaning towards grabbing some whey protein and checking that out. I think I'll try it out starting April 1st and see if I get stronger throughout the month as opposed to working out without.
    test
  6. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

i'll get a picture up soon. just started lifting again after about 8 years, so i should start seeing sizeable differences and lose that plateau of constant HIIT workouts.

midsection is always the last to go...fuckin lovehandles.
    test
  7. SinLuciano

SinLuciano El Capitan

My homie I work out with is getting alot stronger but still trying to lose that weight in the midwection / stomach also @ zyclon. Any advice I can pass along to him on losing the weight but still getting stronger in other areas @ the same time? I know he should include alot of cardio / running... but wouldn't he lose weight in other areas to that he might NOT want to (ie: chest/ shoulders/ arms/ ect.) ?
    test
  8. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

yeah. that's the unfortunate part about cardio is generally it'll burn muscle with fat...

i don't know what other people do and how other people's bodies work, but my plan of action is pretty simple, and i think the most effective way (for me at least).

1. i eat super clean. i dropped my carbs to essential carbs (fruits, oatmeal post-workout, veggies to supplement major meals). i went from 200-225 a day to 70-80 (can't really count pre/post-workout carbs as they are immediately absorbed and used).

2. i do HIIT workouts in the morning, so i'm doing a lot of core exercises (can do p90x or w/e) which incorporates some strength, but it's full body more than specifics.

3. i do my semi-heavy lifting. by that i mean i do 1 set of 15 reps, 1 set of 12, 1 set of 9, 1 set of 6 (most people to bulk will do 4 sets of 6). i'm still working to failure, but again just going for burning rather than bulking. of course you're doing your target areas. deadlifts will always shape your midsection along with rows and pushes. tightening your back, butt and thighs pulls your midsection back.

4. 20-30 minutes of moderate cardio at the end of the day (or after lifting on my lifting days). if you're not lifting or HIIT, 45-60 minutes of moderate cardio. sprint intervals are the best way to shred fat, but i can't overwork my body.

again, i'm just going for leaning completely out (around 185-190), after which i will bulk to 215-220. i'd rather get everything in tone and shaped and then target areas for bulking at this point.

as always, you can't out-train a bad diet.
    test
  9. Thrizzy

Thrizzy 3.T.

Meh you wanna cut without losing muscle you need to figure out how to keep test high and lower aromatization and free radicals.

ZBG you got money so I suggest:

Glisodin
    Glutamine (fuck what people say it works for me)
    San Attitude (discontinued but you can find it cheap online)
    ZMA
    BCAA's
    Alpha Lipoic Acid

All that will probably break down to 50-60 per month though, nothing crazy but too rich for my blood these days.

As for body pics I will post some up but not until it gets consistently warm and I can get in some proper cardio to get rid of this last 7-8 Lbs. or so of fat :afro:
    test
  10. Froggie Fresh

Froggie Fresh THe Elite of Times!

Pic from last month
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Testosterone (prohormone or natural)
    Beef Diet...lil bit of chicken (just my preference)
    whey protein (90 minutes before workout) (immediately after workout)
    whey creatine (immediately after workout)
    Rocky Shakes on Off days (raw eggs)
    Don't fuck with muscle milk cuz whey is 100 times better
    test
  11. Dark_Sun

Dark_Sun Phantom of the Forums

Damn I need to get my free weights back up....I lost like 40 lbs by doing a lot of running but I wasn't keeping my weight lifting up so I lost a lot of fat and muscle. Now I'm trying to keep the fat off and build the muscle back up but I'm playing softball right now and it's taking up the little free time that I have. I will eventually get in the weight room a little more consistently.
    test
  12. Froggie Fresh

I know what you mean...cardio is notorious for breaking down muscle..that's why I lost so much when I was in Basic training

but if you're playing softball right now...I dnt know if hittin the weights again while you're still playing softball will pan out...stock up on carbs
    test
  13. Warpaint

Warpaint What now?

^^Is it good to take whey before and after your WO? Isn't that like over kill? I take mine after. Do you find it give you better pumps or something?
    test
  14. Froggie Fresh

Protein stimulates hormones and rebuilds cells...those are the two primary reasons you should take it before and after you work out to stimulate your hormones while in the gym and speed up the repair process after the gym

90 minutes before workout and immediately after a workout for the best results
    test
  15. Warpaint

Warpaint What now?

I'm going to take your advice, looks to be working for you. Thanks.
    test
  16. Dark_Sun

Yeah I know this softball is gonna throw everything off so I will just keep trying to eat the best I can without gaining too much fat back and when the season is over I will push it harder. Thanks for the advice
    test
  17. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

if you have 30-45 minutes a day, even an hour, you should be fine. do 30 minutes of sprint intervals and 30 minutes of weight training.

i'm sure you can find an hour in a day. as a softball player, i know sometimes you'll go the whole game and have only sprinted 3-4 times, 6-10 if you get a lot of balls hit your way or your team has constant ups.
    test
  18. Dark_Sun

I'm 28 so I'm getting up in age a little bit to where my joints and stuff be killing me after a game or two with all the quick acceleration in left field and running the bases. This impacts my desire to go into the gym and lift some weights productively since I try to be as loose as I can for the games.

I'm straight on the running though. When I do run I do 4 miles in 40 mins alternating laps (walk 1/8 mile and run 1/8 mile at like 80% sprint). I'm never tired or sore after doing my typical cardio and I often go twice and sometimes 3 times a day on the weekends.

My issue is just trying to balance the effects of soreness from lifting weights and trying to play softball at the same time. It's just like playing college football. You do your two a days and heavy lifting during preseason training but when the season starts you have to cut back a lot so you don't hurt yourself and so you can play the best you can.
    test
  19. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

how often are your games? you must be playing a lot i guess. if it's just weekends, you should be straight lifting weekdays
    test
  20. Dark_Sun

I play games a lot during the week so that just leaves me the weekends to try to fit some working out in addition to all the other stuff I gotta catch up on.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.