Gza vs Nas

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by Crates, Jul 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crates

Crates Well-Known Member

I thought this $hit was funny. That quote is from a debate on Gza vs Nas I found on Rapworlds dot com. If you want to read the debate google:

Gza vs Nas and look for Rapworlds
    test
  2. wilmer deryou

wilmer deryou New Member

nas is better

but gza has a ear for great beats

liquid swords is sooo dope production and that shit with dj muggs is hottttt

i wish nas rapped over those beats ...it wouldn't be fair
    test
  3. five-trey

five-trey layin tha wood since '91

lol he said he broke down lyricism into flows. the fuck? flows and lyrics are two seperate things

and nas is easily a better lyricist, even thou gza is dope too. but come on. nas's shit is so complex and so versatile, you cant fuck with him there.
    test
  4. Crates

Crates Well-Known Member

Yeah for Nas it's just a matter opf sticking with good producers. I wished he'd let producers like Diamond D or Pete Rock produce a whole album for him especially Diamond.
    test
  5. Konscious

Konscious Resident Sage

^I thought you didn't like hardcore NY producers?

Anyway, that excerpt you posted didn't really tell anything, except to show how much disgust he has for Nas stans... that's understandable, but where's the reasoning that GZA is better? I'm too lazy to go check that site. Can you post some more substantial excerpts?

To me, GZA peaked on Liquid Swords... he hasn't been the same since.
    test
  6. Crates

Crates Well-Known Member

I've alwaysed had an ear for a few 90's NY beat makers like Pete Rock and Diamond D. I still think NYC was better from the mid 80's to 1993.
    test
  7. Crates

Crates Well-Known Member

Here's his post that came before the one above.

test
  8. Konscious

Konscious Resident Sage

I don't agree with dude at all. GZA has declined lyrically since Liquid Swords... and his albums since have all deteriorated in quality. His flow has become more generic. I just hate that he's breaking down 'emceein' to parts, though... when I think it should be taken as a whole. I'm through with technical analysis of a rapper's worth. That's some geek shit. It means nothing to the ear. It's all about how GOOD YOU SOUND. Emceein' is like 80% vocal and 20% written. That's IMO, before Chipz accuses me of statin' my opinion as fact.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.