Guns...yes ...no..???

Discussion in 'IntroSpectrum' started by lyricalpriest, Jan 31, 2012.

?

Should Guns be Legal?

1. YES..

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No..

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

IMO

"When I carry a gun, I don't do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I'm looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don't carry it because I'm afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force. It removes force from the equation... and that's why carrying a gun is a civilized act."

-MAJ. L. Caudill USMC (Ret)
    test
  2. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

how is that any different from being afraid?

if you have to be "unafraid", it means at one stage you were afraid.

australia has a very strict policy on gun laws, and it's a good thing crime wise.

edit ; posted in the next post.

:numaan:
    test
  3. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

i once heard/read someone say criminals don't care about laws, if they want a gun, they'll get it. this will leave all the gun-less good citizens to defend themselves from criminals who have the guns.

that makes sense to me, but look at the murder difference b/w aus and usa.

[​IMG]

compare that to australia.

[​IMG]

as you can see, a fucking major difference.

test
  4. lyricalpriest

not true... Some people put on their piece un-afraid not necessarily any thing to worry about. BUT, when faced with a situation that fear enabling component is blunted by the empowerment of the weapon one possesses at that point in juncture...

meow...
    test
  5. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

this nigga just meow'd at me.

dead @ being meow'd at.

test
  6. TWAMP$iN

TWAMP$iN proper weaponry

i have mixed feelings about this question.

and that's all i have to say.
    test
  7. lyricalpriest

feel free to elaborate twamp.. I have mixed feeling's as well.. but i know it's for the better good since evolution is survival of the fittest. but maybe this taint's the evolution of mankind.
    test
  8. reggie jax

reggie jax Well-Known Member

im in favor of the right to own guns, but i'm not above placing limits on that right. i do think we should be trying to figure out ways to screen people better.

and numann, those statistics can be misleading. there's more to crime rates than just the ability to buy guns. though i do think there's a definite correlation in murder rates. but overall it has a lot more to do with the crime culture in a given location. england banned guns yet london has extremely high crime rates in every area besides murder. canada on the other hand has not banned guns and yet their big cities are much safer than either england's or ours.

plus, its a bit late to ban guns in the united states, as the country is already armed to the teeth.
    test
  9. TWAMP$iN

TWAMP$iN proper weaponry

test
  10. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

i like guns, mmmkay

im not specifically saying people should be allowed to walk around with a piece on them

but the laws should be more lax than what we have in canada. In canada you basically have to store all components seperately in different lock boxes. So say you owned a gun for protection, and a criminal entered your house at night. There is almost no chance for us to get to all the components and assemble them before the crook stabs us with a screwdriver...
    test
  11. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

i own a gun, legally. in CT, they denied my brother for a misdemeanor weed posession when he was 17, yet in texas i can walk into any store with or without a license and buy a pistol no problem.

i believe everyone should have a thorough background check in order to purchase weapons.

and nu, the reason for those statistics are the overwhelmingly overpopulated cities in which all minority groups are piled on top of each other. also, most cities are now trying to "rebuild" themselves for a nicer appearance and to appeal to businesses and tourists, so they are "rennovating" aka evicting all the low-income residents and compacting them into smaller spaces so they don't "interrupt" any progress.

$50 million for a new conference center? state approved. $5 million for more teachers and textbooks that aren't dated 1980 in the public schools that have the worst grades and graduation rates in the state due to lack of funding and teachers? state rejected.

that should give you some insight into why crime rates are so high.

in australia, like canada, shit is spread out and the population is much smaller. in the US, everyone lives right next to each other and nobody wants to share or be friendly. everyone is selfish and is on guard that someone's gonna rape or kill them and their kids.

i carry not because i'm scared, but because in the very rare case that someone shoots up the school, someone tries to rob a business i'm in, or someone just tries to take my life, i know if there is distance between us i will have the opportunity to retaliate quickly and efficiently. i'm familiar with disarming someone up close, it's the distance where i will win though. they shoot with total disregard, i know how to aim, breathe and fire.
    test
  12. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

canada is just canada though, but you make your point.

even the niggaz carrying heat there will be sitting on the fence.

fair enough.

but establishing an anti-gun law will drastically reduce homocides by firearm.

it will in the least (in the very least), get cunts to reconsider who they're shooting.

you can't take the over population into consideration.

at the end of the day, the percentages will be marginally less in australia.

and in america they're more paranoid, because every tom dick and hairy are carrying.

or just do what chris rock suggested - make the bullets very very expensive.

test
  13. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

actually, violent crimes have dimished with the increase of gun ownership in the united states over the past 20 years by about 45%.

perhaps limiting gun ownership in australia works because it's an island, and since nobody owns one, those who do end up with them are more easily caught.

in america, we have canada up and mexico, central and south america right below us, along with all the islands. banning gun ownership in america will not stop importation of guns, only increase it and the cost.

those who carry, who went through a background check and practice regularly aren't the ones that shoot up people or places. those people that can walk into a store and get guns without a license and a basic background check if any, or get them off the streets are the crazies you read about.

we're more paranoid here cuz people have stopped caring. our media has been directed to keep the population paranoid about everything and everyone and scared to do anything so the government can have free reign to impose more and more rules and regulations.

they want my gun, they're gonna have to pry it from me.
    test
  14. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

if i was american id be paranoid as fuck with that new law they passed just recently where they can come and take you away and lock you up indefinately without any right to a speedy trial or lawyer....and sieze all your assets and not tell anyone they took you.
    test
  15. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

you'll be fine.

aslong as your name isn't arabic sounding.

test
  16. Seneca Cayson

Seneca Cayson New Member

test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.