Guide To Better FL Studio Quality! By MG

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by MgTheFuture, Oct 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ral4ever1985

ral4ever1985 CHETA

Thanks Toni P : )

yo WISE why dont you just hop on some ill vstis, i use those waaaay more than my fantom
    test
  2. WISE

WISE cheaa

dawg i keep trying to get some but they turn out to hav viruses.. or they buggy(late starts like in sylenth1).. i tried to dl huge ass files like hypersonic2, and soniksynth.. but ehh the shit wouldnt work. i wish i had some good sources but im tryin.. norton trial jus expired too so im like fuuck. i really gotta watch where i get em. right now i got korg legacycell(been using that for yeaars.. kinda tired of it).. vstation(same).. minimoogv(ugh... same).. moog modular... i jus need some new shit but i dont gots no real online homies except for yall(lol.. when peoples are feeling generious).. still got that cheta kit when u was still ral lol.. backed that one up on gmail haha dam that was 2005 i think..

so what vst's u up on right now?
    test
  3. WISE

WISE cheaa

..been away from the internet too long...computer died 2 yrs ago. been away from it that long. jus gettin back into the swing of things.
    test
  4. ral4ever1985

ral4ever1985 CHETA

man im rolling with most of them.....even the 30+ gig ones lol. not all are that ill, i think all you need is a good handful and you can do anything you want. quality over quantity is the motto. good sites for vsts are

audionews . ru

but signup days are on every 2nd day of the month
    test
  5. MgTheFuture

MgTheFuture Music is my life

Nexus 1.0 + It's Full Expansion Series - would be the perfect start for any VSTi based user.

Colossus - one of the biggest sets, and a bit older, sounds really nice. Maybe a lil too nich.

VIR2 Instruments - Have a similar Rompler, which I favored the most. Really clean acoustics. There HD guitars is perfect for anyone who can really PLAY a keyboard. Nice FX and all.

Hypersonic 2.0 - That's a nice one. Bread and Butter. But the "sound" is a bit "date" IMHO due to all the FL users being able to obtain and abuse it for the past 4 years. However with the editing and FX, you can really push it hard.

There's smaller synths like FM8 / MAssive / B4 by NI that are cool to use for certain sounds. But nothing as a "goto".

The IK samples are "COOL". Im not a fan of Sonic Synth. It's a bit "weak" sounding to me. Sample Tank has a few slept on patches I still like. Especially the organs/ep/strings. And the built in FX helps it alot.

Philharmonik is really nice. IT reminds me of the Miroslav refills. I replaced my Garritan with this, because of the built in FX on the plugin.

And BEASTS like Titan and Omnisphere, definitely seem to be trailblazing the next era of sound. However, I'm afraid alot of non-traditional keyboard players won't put omnisphere to good use. You really need to skills and time to bring this beast fully alive. And it has sooo many sounds that you can get lost or creative blocks. PLus those sort of VSTs demand alot of RAM..with their 100mb patches LOL. You need to be a serious power PC user.

There's always ways around that (lol) but..in general.

I'd start with Nexus or Hypersonic.
    test
  6. WISE

WISE cheaa

^ word. thanks. guess i gotta wait till november 2nd to cop those haha
    test
  7. ~G.I~

~G.I~ Guest

or you drop 10$ on registration and you dont have to worry about seeding ;)
    test
  8. *Deuce Wilde*

*Deuce Wilde* aka stfu dave

this is a great thread. my mixes are my main weak point IMO
    test
  9. heatrock

heatrock New Member

i'm too shook to get anything from audionews. the reviews are never conclusive.

i wish magesy were still around or my last desktop just didn't burn out. fuckin mebroots.

i miss absynth and z3ta+. then again 300 ain't too bad. just can't be spending that dough til my ass finds work again.

b4 was cool too but i guess they stopped selling it. mg, you got me curious about nexus now.
    test
  10. NIP Productions

NIP Productions Ankh Protect Me...

i dont know if anyone has posted this before but about the bass issues in FL... you really just need RBass from the Waves plug in sets. Didn't know if you tried that yet or not but it will surely resolve any bass issues you have in FL. If you still have bass problems using RBass its not FL, it may be your monitors or your sound source (i.e. if you using a weak bass vst there's not much you can do.) if the source sound doesn't produce natural low end (real lows, not simulated) then your limited by your source. hope that helps
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.