GTEC Bodybag Season Nov 12th Cortez vs Thesaurus

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by lightskintwin, Oct 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BITmafakka

BITmafakka GS palmin' the m1 garand

Cortez WAS good vs hitman holla, but marv styled on him and thesaurus is on another level.
    test
  2. Poison Pen

Poison Pen Fuck a Freestyle

The next event is gonna be even iller. Shhh.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  3. I<3AmericaNYY#1

I<3AmericaNYY#1 New Member

Doing it in 2010, Pen? If so, you're about to have 2 of the biggest events of the year within a month of each other. RM's collective head is about to explode.
    test
  4. sarakana

sarakana Well-Known Member

Sensitive, subject huh tez vs thus, i dont think ppl r hating tez i just think ppl hate the way he left GTN. But keep in mind his record before he started with url. He battle dor a whole yr stright so did khan so in the end they both deserve a shot with thus n thus is grown n he said yes to battle cuz it was always talked but never done, u guys need to check tez record 12 deep in battles before he left gt . YEP HE DESERVES THE BATTLE NO MATTER WHAT PPL FEEL N SO DOES SK!
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  5. sarakana

sarakana Well-Known Member

Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  6. mapleleaf

mapleleaf bumpin onyx in the jag

Forget if i already said it but Cortez will NOT sleep on thesaurus. I expect this to be his best performance yet and he will win if Saurus uses a bunch of Jonny Storm throwaways
    test
  7. bobbaforce

bobbaforce I don't give a nada

yea, i hope saurus doesnt rely on spanish jokes too much
    test
  8. Jizznips

Jizznips New Member

I think a comedy battler like Thesaurus is inherently at a disadvantage against someone like Cortez. I mean Soul Khan basically put up the best possible comedy performance you could against Cortez and still lost...

Thesaurus gonna have to get tough guy gangsta and beat Tez at his own game like Real Deal did.
    test
  9. FarooqHakim

FarooqHakim Dot Dorbal

this is accurate, HOWEVER, I'm still gonna say the majority of the people on here and probably on youtube as well won't see it that way.

Even if TheSaurus comes weak, he be viewed as getting "jerked".

Even if TheSaurus chokes all 3 rounds, many many extravagant excuses will be created, and I'm sure at least one person would still argue that he wins.

I'm just playing the devil's advocate though guys, I hope TheSaurus does very well. Its just after seeing people ACTUALLY ARGUE that TheSaurus beat Arcane (not tied, not came close to winning, not oh TheSaurus lost but I still can't stand Arcane, but that he should have WON), I'm under the impression that a large amount of people here have a creepy infatuation with the guy.

I've seen people argue that he should have beat Solomon (again, not that they thought it was wack that Solomon allegedly came with writtens, but that they think that TheSaurus actually beat him in three with what he said). As much as I'm a fan of TheSaurus (dude is top 10 ever), he kind of has a "Jin-esque" fanbase.
    test
  10. FarooqHakim

FarooqHakim Dot Dorbal

Soul Khan was pretty weak in that battle compared to lately minus a killer flip and like 3 or so good punches per round. Dude seemed underprepared.

Plus Soul Khan battled him in his own workplace, he def. didn't have a crowd disadvantage. I don't know if that's what you were suggesting, but its worth noting.
    test
  11. Soul Khansenses

Soul Khansenses Soul Khansenses

For the record, I did have a crowd disadvantage, because I was literally working through the event and also Cor brought enough people with him to react to his shit disproportionately to its actual impact. And lastly, I wrote the shit the night before. Not that this lets me off the hook, but I want you to understand why my performance was admittedly weaker (which I agree with).
    test
  12. Dutch Vega

Dutch Vega G-TEC CAPO! PRAAAAAAT!

i think i'm looking forward to T.Money Bagz vs Double/Deuce the most.
    test
  13. FarooqHakim

FarooqHakim Dot Dorbal

Fair enough.

The reason I mentioned both those things though is I wasn't sure if the dude was suggesting that it would be impossible for him to win the crowd, or if it seemed like "your very best" comedy lines couldn't beat him, when it was clear that you were under-prepared compared to your norm, and I imagine TheSaurus will get plenty of love in NY considering that's where he won the WRC's twice essentially.
    test
  14. Freshcoast86

Freshcoast86 Rap or chill

Time to keep it 100 no eyerate.

Cortez and Saurus should be dope for numerous reasons, i think both will be 100% ready and know the expectations that people are setting.

If cortez gets bodied it will be great to see, if the battle is highly competitive it will be great to see as well. The difference in styles is interesting and finally we can put to rest this url vs grindtime nerd street idea. Obviously the difference is going to be there, but it will help diffuse the stigma of so called "street" vs "nerd" which is honestly ridiuclous.

These dudes are probably more alike than they want to admit, its hip hop, its battle rap a sport of lyrical combat. All these rappers are in the same boat.
    test
  15. FarooqHakim

FarooqHakim Dot Dorbal

sure because those are the only two possibilities right? but no bias tho :funny:
    test
  16. Freshcoast86

Freshcoast86 Rap or chill

i know what you mean i missed that part of what i was saying, but honestly dont think cortez could body unless saurus puts out a performance like he did against arcane.
    test
  17. FarooqHakim

FarooqHakim Dot Dorbal

No I agree, but I honestly find either of these guys "bodying" each other to be insanely unlikely. Unless one of them just completely sucks, I honestly don't see either of these guys as an obvious winner considering the difference in styles.
    test
  18. Sheldon_87

Sheldon_87 Member

If the battle is judged the crowd probably won't even give Saurus a chance. Just look at P-Nut/DNA and Cortez/Marv. The New York crowd is one of the most biased crowds in battling, right up there with California.
    test
  19. Jizznips

Jizznips New Member

Maybe I am in the minority but I thought Soul Khan's performance against Cortez was one of his funniest ever. I think what he was lacking really was the aggression/arrogance that his latest battles have had that really put him over the top.

So I think it will be a double hill to climb for Thesaurus. The crowd will probably be with Cortez and I think Thesaurus's happy-go-lucky jokey joke style will seem weak in comparison to Cortez's aggression.
    test
  20. Iron-E

Iron-E New Member

test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.