GT-R the biggest let down of... ever?

Discussion in 'Car & Audio' started by Snik Diesel, Oct 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snik Diesel

Snik Diesel Hey there buddy!

Check it:

-Can only launch the car 15 times before the transmission gives out. The most Nissan has got was 34 launches.
    -The fluid lists at 80 dollars a quart. It costs dealerships 49.99 a quart. The car takes 10 quarts.
    -The warranty depends on the driving, there is a black box in it just like an airplane.
    -Customers have to sign a waiver stating they will not complain about brake or transmission noise.
    -The brakes MUST be replaced at the same time, cost for replacing 6500.
    -If something goes wrong other than an oil change at the dealership, a special team needs to be called and your outta a car for a while.

And check out this poor fellow
    do not launch your gtr or take the vdc off - NAGTROC - The Nissan GT-R Owners Club

Apparently turning off the VDC is recorded by the blackbox and voids the warranty (Nissan refuses to fix the weak transmissions and they cost ~20k to replace)

Oh and to top it off

Porsche accuses Nissan of cheating at Nurburgring

Porsche questions GT-R Ring claim | carsguide.com.au
    test
  2. Shy

Shy a.k.a. Klear Eyed

by black box in it, you mean kinda like Onstar?
    test
  3. Snikka

Snikka Vision Action Execution

It's an EDR (Electronic Data Recorder)

Vehicles equipt with Onstar can tap into the black box to diagnose problems. If an EDR was onboard.

Here's a real detailed article on the box

Black box on board - AutoWeek Magazine

Florida man cancels Nissan GT-R order due to 'black box' - Autoblog

A Florida man named Scott Weires has canceled the order for his long-awaited Nissan GT-R. Why? It's not that he was disappointed in the car's performance credentials, far from it. The problem is that the GT-R is equipped with a 'black box', similar in theory to the kind found on airplanes to help determine what went wrong in case of an accident or breakdown. By the end of 2012, car buyers won't have a choice as to whether their new car is equipped with a 'black box,' or Electronic Data Recorder -- they will be federally mandated to carry one. These devices track information that could be useful to the manufacturer in determining exactly what is, or has been, going on with a car. There are a few worries, though, that warranty claims could be denied if the automaker, Nissan in this case, deems that the car was being raced or abused in some way or by police or lawyers to determine culpability. Nissan's GT-R carries an on-board recorder that keeps track of the past few day's worth of driving and cannot be disabled. In the case of Scott Weires, an attorney no less, that was enough to look elsewhere. Would it be for you?
    test
  4. SIN

SIN Sincerely

fuck Nissan...fuck a GTR...matter fuck, fuck Nissan...
    test
  5. Snikka

I was never rooting for it, but it was so hyped.

The best part is z06's putting the smack down. I mean if you buy an 80,000 car, wouldn't you want to drive the shit out of it? Nissan basically fucks you over.

I know you love that exotic shit.. but... ZR1 > *
    test
  6. Snikka

Nissan responds to Porsche about Ring Time

Further to Porsche’s claims late last week of shenanigans on Nissan’s part, at the Paris Motor Show today Nissan has told press that there is absolutely nothing shady going on. Nissan Europe’s spokesman Neil Reeve spoke about the issue and defends against Porsche’s claims about the tires used on the car to run the lap time.

"The final word from us is that it was done on absolutely standard tires which are available to customers in the showroom.They’re not trick tires – absolutely standard tires, normal road tires... The GT-R comes with Bridgestone and Goodyear (Dunlop). One tyre gives slightly better times around the ‘Ring... We did it on Dunlop. They’re available with the car."

He goes on to say:
    "This (Porsche’s questioning of Nissan’s claim) happened two days ago, it was a surprising thing to read in the press, it’s important. But let’s not blow it out of all proportion. We’re not crying about it. We’re not going to sook about it. I’m cheeky enough to say it’s flattering that Porsche have bought themselves a GT-R and flown it to Germany, they want to try it. I guess that’s some kind of stamp of approval."

There’s also numerous other points made in the article but by and large it sounds to me like Porsche are trying to cast dispersions over Nissan’s lap time with data that is subjective at best. While an independent comparison may settle this once and for all I’m not sure the two parties could necessarily agree to do it. I’m sure Porsche will suddenly find some excuse as to why they can’t do it anyway.
    test
  7. General Concrete

General Concrete the infamous

and it looked so good on Top Gear ;(
    test
  8. Trey M

Trey M \.=.

looks like they need to do a recall
    test
  9. Noodles

Noodles The People's Champion

thats fucking hilarious

LETS GO CHEVY

KILL EM!
    test
  10. Trey M

Trey M \.=.

Nissan did false advertising..the specs they had on the car can only be achieved by voiding your warranty!...lol...plus they should have known if they gonna make a car that powerful they should at least make a gearbox strong enough for it
    test
  11. Noodles

Noodles The People's Champion

plus they fucking cheated on the track with slick tires... fucking bullshit... porche proved it

find the article yourselves...

porche does not have iffy evidence like snikka says...

they have very good evidence.. substantial
    test
  12. Snikka

BTW: everything under 'Nissan responds to Porsche about Ring Time' was not written by me. sorry for confusion.

No, I agree, it was a huge argument for awhile and I honestly don't know what truth to it. But Porsche auto's do what they say and back it up.
    test
  13. Kraylen

Kraylen Killer Instinct Champion.

If Nissan was smart they would have just brought the R34 GTR V spec from 2002 and did minor changes to it(RHD, minor body changes, bigger turbo). Sell it for 50 grand and they would have made mad cash. R35 was a great idea at first, and me probably being the biggest Nissan fan on this site am angry at the new GTR
    test
  14. Johnbear

Johnbear New Member

they should have known if they gonna make a car that powerful they should at least make a gearbox strong enough for it

-
    test
  15. totanger1

totanger1 New Member

they should at least make a gearbox strong enough for it
    test
  16. aeioustat12345

aeioustat12345 New Member

anyone know where i can get reputable parts from a reputable non bmw dealer?
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.