GrindTimeNow Presents... - Swave Sevah .Vs Dizaster

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by Temp_Guest2, Dec 23, 2010.

?

Who won?

1. Diz

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Swave

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pill grim

pill grim CHRONNIE SPARKO

yeah i was spazzing @ that shit.

GRIMY.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  2. ZeroByDivide

ZeroByDivide gg

Wow, JOB. Some of your best work bud. :funny:

Tricky, you and Real Deal need to do a compliment battle to see who's literally the nicest in this battle shit.
    test
  3. teacozy

teacozy New Member

58k in two days. not shabby.

[​IMG]

This Cortez acting false-start bothered me live.
    test
  4. Lee Taylor

Lee Taylor Well-Known Member

it bothered me when I was watching it lol

edit: 61,503 right now..
    test
  5. sAIIIn

sAIIIn sOn-1

Diz killed it, no question, just operating in that environment and still being creative enough too dismantle wastes of sperm and over-hyped emcees, don shit!
    Swaves rhymes didnt do it for me.. some were okay at best, but thats all.

Eyerate bodied the fuck out of this thread too.
    test
  6. Gwame

Gwame no luckycharms in ireland

I think that's Choppa's role
    test
  7. Lee Taylor

after 3 days, like 10 watches, this still has replay value.
    test
  8. RileyFreeman

RileyFreeman The General

u crazy for that line. his first round was beast for sure.
    test
  9. Sheldon_87

Sheldon_87 Member

LOL @ 14:24 when Math reaches his arm out to shake Swave's hand he knocks off Cormega's hat.
    test
  10. Mr. Maverick

Mr. Maverick Future Top Tier

This is definitely a 'E Ness vs Iron Solomon' kind of battle where one guy is pronounced the winner by the majority but you just have to appreciate the other guy for the shit they were saying because it was that dope and for that reason it was not a bodybag.

That whole 'I'm a predator, you prey, we don't mix' theme from Swavs first round was probably one of the best executed themes I've seen in a verse this year.

About that second verse, i enjoyed the imagery that was painted, but where the set up probably imo should have gone was the comparison of 'disasters' like Katrina with 'Dizaster' the battler like to say thats a real disaster, you harmless type of shit, I think if he used that idea with that setup that he used, I think that would have been ether material and one of the verses of the year

oh and btw that Diz spzzing out GIF on the pages before this = me leaned
    test
  11. Jizznips

Jizznips New Member

Haha I noticed that Cortez shit. Would've been funny if he actually interrupted him.
    test
  12. Poison Pen

Poison Pen Fuck a Freestyle

The worldstar comments are worse than youtube. And that's saying a lot .
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  13. My Name Is Bob

My Name Is Bob New Member

who still reads worldstar comments?
    test
  14. BITmafakka

BITmafakka GS palmin' the m1 garand

You write your first round, we chambering ours - might be my favourite line
    test
  15. Lee Taylor

I liked it too, kinda contradicting though. nice line to say nonetheless..
    test
  16. drewthetruth

drewthetruth ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

why were dizs eyes all black and droopy that nigga im on smack?

he on meth?

you betta choose you muthafucka!!!
    test
  17. Mookie_Is_A_Fag

Mookie_Is_A_Fag New Member

:COD::COD::COD::COD:^Bump this fucking battle.

test
  18. Tradish

Tradish illest alive

lmao!!!!
    test
  19. Astyanax

Astyanax New Member

I have been lurking these forums for a while and had to signup to talk to Eric Foreman about his view on this battle.

I understand why you'd like Swave to win and even think you may have thought he did well but as many have told you (even those agreeing with you in part) there is just no way he won. As a huge Hitman Holla fan I almost kidded myself into believing he bodied Big T but in reality it was close, possibly coming out with an L. The same goes for Arsonal fans/Okwerdz haters in that battle (as well as to an extent Hollow fans vs Passwurdz).

I have never been a dizaster fan but he changed his style up since the Thesaurus days and came with something which was top 10 three round performances ever (behind Hollow against Big T, Pat Stay against Hollohan and slightly above 24/7 vs QP , possibly Locksmith vs Dizaster and LL against Young Miles).

I am a fan of it all - jokes, gun lines, personals, rebuttals, freestyle, rhythm, metaphors and similes. Dizaster had him on virtually everything. As said, his Katrina line was poorly worked (while nice in theory) - Head Ice did it with more authority against Quest. Diz's opener about 'hype like the media/die for a nice price/I am expedia' is close to perfect. He flowed well at points 'you're so old you wrote your rhymes inside an organiser' similar to some of Iron Solomon's best work' and switched it up quick 'baclava wrapped in bacon' line. His personals were on point - imitating his voice (which Soul Khan got a lot of credit for against Deacon), mimicking his team's slogan, his age - even his lies about Canibus were believable.

Ask yourself this. If Locksmith was able to incorporate jokes and fierce punchlines so much so that Diz even choked, why didn't Swave do the same - or did he? Is Swave better than Lock? - I don't know but there is no way he came better in this. This was Diz's best performance by so far it's untrue and you just have to give the credit. I prefer Head Ice to Swave for the most part and of course their style (and subtance) is sometimes overlooked by the jokes and fast rhyming styles but here Swave got bodied.

If all that wasn't enough, as someone alluded to earlier, the best lines are judged by unwilling crowd reaction. Now I'm not going to argue whether people like Math were or were not going to react to Diz's lines but it's fair to say they are slightly bias. The crowd was biased. His first lines got an automatic reaction which was impossible to contain even at that early stage. It reminded me of Aye Verb's 'We different guys, two different grades, two different shades, we perform on the same platform but Marv, we on a different stage..you and D12 get a show, soon as you hit the stage I click the Gauge shots at you ricocheted and hit Swift Mcveigh' scheme. The crowd was bias to Marv's repetitive lines and still Aye Verb got a crazy reaction. When Moe Dirtee tried to pull that sht against Aak it didn't work as people are waking up to real lyrics with good flows and meaning. Diz got hella reaction for most of the battle (Adam and Eve line for example) and Swave's stuff you just couldn't react to. You heard the Katrina line. Don't tell me you heard that and went 'wow that is some incredible writing'. It doesn't work that way. Even his 'sheepskin to a pack of wolves' scheme was good but not excellent. He may be a great writer and he may be real but that doesn't mean he won - not by a longshot.

Then there are the freestyles. I'm sure he had some incorporated ready to bring out for Cortes and even possibly DNA but his implementation of them was expert. He continued with the lines and schemes he was taking and won over an already-won over crowd with the bodybag of the heckler. Even though that is not Swave's fault it still adds to the case that Dizaster won.

I'm rambling on now but I hope I have cleared up some of the things others have said with a few points of my own. I have watched these for years and hopefully more of these clashes of styles take place. Dizaster's second round has a place in grind time history. None of Swave's lines/schemes hit me hard enough to consider repeating them subconsciously while I'm walking. Fk - I'm not even a Dizaster fan and I'm licking his chops - I just hope he comes like this in his next one.
    test
  20. reznick

reznick New Member

looking back at this battle

Dizaster had the greatest performance in Grind Time history here. Not a doubt about it
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.