GrindTime?

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by reznick, Jul 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reznick

reznick New Member

It's crazy how much has changed with GrindTime. It went from throwing crazy events every month or so, to almost no major events from the West or the South. Absyrd basically throws all the big West battles, which is no sleight on him, but it basically means the talent and interest still exists yet the platform has been somewhat downgraded.

GTNY still throws great events, Pen still keeps GT relevant and interesting. But even then, those battles are now (to me) just the chilling/lounging battles, in comparison to the atmosphere at the URL events.

URL took battling from a casual performance, to an epic showdown. It's hard to invest any serious care in lots of these GT battles when the opponent keeps switching to laughing (with, not at) their opponent, to changing into a serious face and spitting the next line. Like, we just saw you laughing about the battle like you don't really hate him, and then you turned into an angry face. Who is going to have any emotional investment in that performance (the essence of anything video related)?

Aside from letting GTNY keep doing their thing, I say Grind Time should just adapt to the URL model, and throw one big 2-day event with battles every few months. Maybe it would make it easier to focus resources on bringing in URL rappers to battle GT rappers.
    test
  2. drewthetruth

drewthetruth ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

cool story bro dr
    test
  3. reznick

reznick New Member

bet me
    test
  4. andrewins

andrewins Well-Known Member

GTEC is keeping them alive

Grindtime west coast is like Gondor lighting the beacon so that Rohan will come rescue them
    test
  5. GetPaid

GetPaid Well-Known Member

Grind Time bit off more than it could chew. Should have kept the set up with less divisions, or at least incorporated them slower. GTATL developed while the other big 4 divisions were established. The viewers complained about all of those battles, but they still watched them since there were fewer other releases, so they became familiar with the battlers. Now there's all types of new divisions popping up (Arizona, DMV, Colorado, Texas, Upstate, might have left out a few), it's too much to keep up with.

GT needs to downsize, honestly. URL's set up is really easy to coordinate, since they have one to two regions they work in, with few rappers (that they have on continuously, so even dudes like Shotgun Suge can get a backstory and begin to be interesting). KOTD...well Organik is a boss, so it works for them. Grindtime doesn't have any Organiks, so they'd do well to let their numbers catch up with their visions.
    test
  6. Twinmania

Twinmania Maybe we don't exist....

leaned.
    test
  7. Jiggity

Jiggity New Member

To be fair I think GT South has put out a lot of dope events, not just Florida with Grizzlemania, but Georgia has some of the best battles to watch.
    test
  8. swpstateofmind

swpstateofmind i got da burna

If it wasn't for GTEC...
    test
  9. hindurock

hindurock Well-Known Member

grindtime is and probably will always be the best league
    test
  10. Drink8cokesAday

Drink8cokesAday ALL DAY

Lush One, Kap Kallous, and GTEC put on some good events. Outside of that we can only expect one big name battle at every event I'm guessing. Sometimes none.
    test
  11. Eyerate

Eyerate The Definition of Real..

test
  12. ProfessorU

ProfessorU Legendary Russian Fresh

Amazing tbh
    test
  13. Eyerate

test
  14. Eyerate

test
  15. No1ExpertJudge

No1ExpertJudge Active Member

one thing i hate about battles though is when they slap hands or give props to eachother between rounds.

Other than that they are completely diff leagues. There are pros and cons to both and both leagues should survive
    test
  16. sarakana

sarakana Well-Known Member

I think everything will be fine..lol i dont think all is done and dead.. in the end look how long u guys was watching gtn before URL... at some point its all ya'll had ...now theres so much more to look for..i like to see GTN as the league that kept the battle scene relevant for a long time before anyone else either A- started up again or B- started a new. either way ... gt was due for some type of change.. now if its good or bad who knows..but in the end alot of CLASSIC battles came out of everyone in every league who where trying to either A-keep up with gtn or B- wanted to be better.

Change is always good.
    test
  17. Oddly Enough

Oddly Enough New Member

I liked Grindtime a lot before they added the "Now" part.
    test
  18. 315AMMUSIC

315AMMUSIC Well-Known Member

Don't get why you guys complain. Battles get uploaded. Events are still going on. When the money runs dry and the leagues aren't able to maintain, you're gonna miss this shit. The only thing I agree with is some of the talent. A few of the cats need to kick rocks but other than that, if you still watch the battles, go to the events, and talk about them, you really can't shit on what the league is doing if you're still supporting it.
    test
  19. reznick

reznick New Member

of course everything is good, because your part of gtec.

but i'm talking about Grindtime as a whole.

Theres no more crazy events. No hype. I dont even know about battles until they're released.

Srsly Guise
    test
  20. Choppa Zhivago

Choppa Zhivago ★★★★★★★★★★

url is shittin on everything

they actually makin moves and not investing money flying out jack offs from europe and shit for no reason

they focus on they own roster to create rivalries and competition

that draws the viewer more into the battles knowing there is a history between them

every URL battle tells a story
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.