Grindtime Now Presents: Okwerdz vs T-rex!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by bobbaforce, Jun 1, 2010.

?

WHO WON!!!

Poll closed Jun 6, 2010.
  1. okwerdz !

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. t-rex !

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Too close to call

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _gp_

_gp_ _ C M Y K _

i kinda agree with jizznips breakdown, but i honestly feel like okwerdz just barely won, due to trex not making any sense with a good sized fraction of his material.

you just cant say that much retarded shit that makes no sense, and expect a discerning listener to give you the thumbs up. no. i wanted to find a reason to vote for trex, and even tho i appreciate rapping in rap, when you make up words, thats more like scatting. trex is a scat man, or maybe a cool scat cat, but some shit he was saying was just embarrassing. doesnt matter how cool he tried to play it off as, or how much more harmonious his delivery and rapping skills are.

okwerdz on the other hand is local, and for that reason, I DO have a slight bias towards him. i'm not gonna front. but because of my nature and personal convictions, i always do my best to acknowledge that side of me, and make as fair a decision as i possibly can in spite of my disposition.

okwerdz verses were mechanically sound, but i dont mean that in a good way. his flow and delivery improved (imo) since the hollow battle, and his third round was official, but his approach is just a little too formulaic for my tastes. he raps a little like conceited and they both have the same kind of appeal to me. i think okwerdz (as a battle mc) would be much more effective if he didnt stop every four bars, and link his concepts better in terms of rhyming.

its funny that freeway was der, and ok refernced that cassidy battle, 'cause if ok was just a little more inclined to link his shit cleaner, then he'd sound a lot like cassidy, who imo, is one of the best accapella mc's ever.

but thats just ok's style. it was a really fuckin sick ass battle tho.
    ok 2-1.

edit*

one more thing: the difference between someone like conceited or okwerdz, and cassidy, besides cassidy's ability to gain momentum, and use it to gain more, is that damn near every bar cassidy says is legit. every punchline has to be fire in order to pull off that style successfully (imo of course). you cant say shit like "evolved into a chicken" and then stop as if it were a dope line. that makes a mediocre line even worse when you do that. its like screaming "bodybag" at the end of a round where you aint said shit that was hot.

but thats just my two.
    test
  2. ReverseOsmosis

ReverseOsmosis aka Drone

Awk got that by a lil bit.I hope he stops battling street cats now.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  3. Diggles

Diggles Fred Durst's Life Coach

This.
    His battle with Ex-I was his best in GT yet, I believe.
    test
  4. Krown

Krown New Member

Jizznips probably had the most accurate breakdown so far...overall this isnt a battle with much replay value for me, but I feel Ok got this 2-1. This is one of those grind time battles thats good for exposure, but just didnt really deliver...im mega disappointed that Diz/Arsonal got shut down after one round, that was a battle that I was looking forward to big time and that I think would have delivered with replay value like pass/hollow
    test
  5. MyKe SeaN

MyKe SeaN Paula Deen is my hero.

The hammered like Drunk segment was funny as hell....Rex was more entertaining...I died laughin when he did that Dizaster segment...like, how could anybody NOT laugh???
    test
  6. azhotazice

azhotazice Active Member

oh man hammered like drunk is such a basic..shitty ass line

no sorry its not.. this is stronger than opinion speaking here lol that shit is getting a lot of attention because as someone earlier said..

his comparison IM FROM..where u get ni**as hammered like slumped an all that shit is just stating why hes better and the way he pronounced drunk was just funny as fuck..he did it again with skateboards but less subtle i shouldnt be having to break this down

if you sleep then yes ok killed it
    if you are awake then ok edged it
    if you are a five percenter than it goes with preference and if not rex takes the w.

lol

plz stop bumping this thread
    test
  7. azhotazice

azhotazice Active Member

dont turn hip hop into a white vs black thing
    the movement is to keep people aware.. so that in retrospect we can avoid such matters

dope fuckin battle

edit - this post makes 666 replies for this thread.
    thank you
    test
  8. scrotie

scrotie aka lil generation gap

its such an easy gay joke
    like apparently GT rappers can get clowned on for having hilariously creative gay jokes but when a smack rapper comes along he can just say "lol hes good at having sex with guys" and its the tits
    test
  9. MyKe SeaN

The reason why it was funny was because of the way he DELIVERED it and that nobody in would think Rex would mention Dizaster during a battle of all people.
    test
  10. azhotazice

azhotazice Active Member

good point buuut
    in GT the gay jokes are used way too much and most of em are truly horrible its bettter if u juss say things like oh.. hes gay instead being extra creative on that which wont help much imo some people kno how to fuck with it an some dont but thats what seperates the sheep from the goat..pun intended

i guess seein a hardcore smack rapper act out a scene with his hand on his hips NOT reaching for the glock..is funny its rare
    test
  11. MyKe SeaN

lol

95% of the dudes at the venue and in this thread didnt think Rex was funny because he was making fun of THEIR VOICES!

Eddie Murphy and Martin Lawrence do the "white guy" voice the best.
    test
  12. MyKe SeaN

True

and you gotta respect Rex..I mean, he's at his crib in the shower with a tech. lmfao!

I actually had a homeboy who was fuckin this dude's baby momma and got his ass beat coming out of the shower. Ole dude kicked in his door and everything.
    test
  13. azhotazice

azhotazice Active Member

live laugh learn watever it is a fuckin battle right
    its funny I think rex looks and sounds like martin lawrence a little bit esp wen he spit that part
    test
  14. Track 2

Track 2 Well-Known Member

+1
    test
  15. Mistake

Mistake Dougie Darko

hahaha ok fucking reading the comments

good on you you okweezy

this is my 3rd watch in 3 days for the entertainment

trex was aight but that was okwerdz EAZZY

I still like rex but he lost that shit
    test
  16. reznick

reznick New Member

this sounds fuckin hilarious
    test
  17. Degenerate One

Degenerate One Noe Nose Touching

that bitch's reaction @ 9:04..haaaa

Okwerdz definitely murked T-Rex, never been a huge fan of Okweezy but he's climbin up on my list
    test
  18. gregrieke20

gregrieke20 Well-Known Member

I'd like to get drunk with T-Rex and go to the zoo. I bet it would be fun as shit.
    test
  19. BinoSWI

BinoSWI Half Jamaikan Half Scouse

i know what he was goin for i jus didn't think it was that funny u do realise humour is subjective right? i aint even too sure who won the battle so i aint hating
    test
  20. XQZapproved

XQZapproved Well-Known Member

random question, mighta been discussed already
    at 11:23 when rex is like "now he lost to who?" whos that random dude behind arsonal who raises his hand.
    also rex said ok lost to iron but that never happened did it?
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.